Why do people hate the moderators on this site?

I see a lot of questions about mods, and how they abuse their powers and such, and I was wondering why the moderation team gets so much hate. Most of us are just doing our jobs. 😳 Thanks!

Most Helpful Guy

• are you serious lol
    have you not seen what they do
    basically anything that's offensive they take off even if it's the truth

but when it comes to lies they keep it posted so everyone can see
    so basically they LOVE LIES and HATE THE TRUTH

basically if the person has an opinion that the world doesn't agree with they remove it

which also means THERE FOLLOWERS especially when it comes to the gay agenda if you don't agree they remove the comments so hard and fast so yes they only keep what they want posted

• Remember that admins review what mods take down

• it doesn't matter I made a post about johnny bravo it got taken do within a few hours
      I just wanted to entertain the people on G@G

the people who run this have there own agenda end of story and it's not a good one

Most Helpful Girl

What Guys Said 28

• It's like the shop staff get all the flack in retail, because they are on the "front line". Moderators are the ones seen by GAGers, and give us flack because they haven't read, or don't understand, the rules, and then compain when posts are hidden.

• In general I don't think people hate the mods.

I find it infuriating at times when a mildly controversial question gets removed whereas other, clearly more offensive ones, do not.
    So perhaps it is the inconsistency that gets to people? Which is obviously hard to avoid since all mods will have different tolerance levels for different things.

• i dont , i have yet to talk to one or hear from one. but having been one i know all about the hate lol. and not to mention the spam you have to clean up from stupid ebot that post random adds for sex enhancers etc. and some of it is in Russian or some junk lol

its a fucking pains on top of keep threads keeping them clean of fights or irrelevant chat thats not on topic.

• I don't hate them. One of them was disgusted by the things I did (they were shitty and I am disappointed in myself too) and she's probably disappointed in me somehow. One of them blocked me because I told her that I don't like Star Wars and i'm not going to list names for a popularity contest. The other one said that my height is getting to my head and he doesn't care about me. I don't know about the rest and how they feel about me. I don't hate you at all. I don't hate the mods. I don't know how you feel about me as a member, I guess you're just neutral.

• I don't hate the mods in general and also no specific one... but I think that the moderation of the site could be better and that the system which is used here is flawed.

That's my opinion based on my own experience I have from being a mod on a bigger site (with over 1 million users)

• Really which site?

• giga. de

but their community is pretty much dead now even though they have right now 1.5 million registered users. When I was there, they had their own tv channel but after they had to stop that and their show, it went quickly downhill. Hmm maybe it happened because I left? ;P

that was a couple of years ago

• They don't hate moderators... they just hate you... :D

• A few of them are a pain in the ass but most of them are alright but I'd be lying if I didn't say some of them abuse the power given to them and use it for personal and biased personal agenda's and vendettas.

• because it is very one sided. if you have a white straight man ranting and raving about women, gays, or minorities it will get blocked in a heart beat. but if it is the other way around it ends up as a featured question or something

• 1|1
  • Because a decent amount of them aren't moderators because they give good answers or all good questions or even good users. You can be a total troll and have a badge on this site. And some that do abuse it. With that said, I don't personally hate them

• Because they have false assumptions about them.

• Well I rarely have any of my posts removed so I don't have any problems with the mods.

• I don't hate them.

• I don't hate anyone on this site. As a matter of fact, I don't even know who the moderators are, much less hate them.

• Lol... This must be the only site where a moderator seeks aporoval

• i don´t hate them. they only took down like 2 posts that were genuinely a bit aggressive and mean. though i feel like they never do that to people who behave inappropriate towards me.

• Perhaps they don't see. Next time I will check!

• haha it´s ok, i can live with it. i´m not a huge fan of having stuff taken down. but i think the mods do a decent job. i for one don´t feel like my posts have been taken down unrightfully. everybody has a bad day once in a while and we can all be an asshole online sometimes.

• I like many of them.

• Most aren't bad. However some abuse their powers. Personal vendettas.

• Mods are hated all over the internet. Even if you are doing your job properly there's always at least one in the team who isn't.

• cause they are evil and go on a power trip !! viva la revolutoin!!!

but really i have no hate for em they have never limited my free speach :)

• If you follow the rules you'll have nothing to worry about, a lot of people just don't want to admit that they're wrong so they blame it on someone.

• I don't hate them

• Some of them not all seem to be way too sensitive and take people freedom of speech away

• because they're mad over the fact they're shitty trolls most of the time

• Because they don't understand what moderators can do vs. administrators.

• Some do if your a guy your most likely to get warning, accounts deleted, banning's
    etc if you say or do something wrong. I've seen females users on here call guys jerks, assholes, fuckboys and nothing gets removed. Call a girl a slut and its a war.

• I have seen them act in openly an anti-white way by allowing anti-white question and doing nothing about it and then when I post the same question but switch black for white and white for black, the question gets taken down as offensive. The other question eventually came down but after it ran its course over three days. So in a word, they are racist.

• We don't hate all moderators. We hate the ones who are rude and go on power trips.

What Girls Said 10

• I don't hate most of them. But a lot of you don't really do your jobs, you only remove things that you don't like instead of what's actually against G@G rules.

• I get that I know what you mean.

• Yeah I get that, and again it's not all of y'all and it's not all the time but sometimes it can get a little irritating to see something mildly offensive or completely inoffensive get taken down while some really messed up stuff stays up.

• I agree with this

• I think a lot of them just don't understand the TOS and the posting rules of the site that the AGREED to when they signed up. Many of them also don't realize that every action a moderator takes, is reviewed by the admin team, so it would be very difficult for any moderator to "abuse power" for very long without being noticed and possibly being dismissed as a moderator.

But I also think that the average user knows that moderators are necessary on any web community. Every day some new user starts off their GaG experience by trolling and calling people names, etc. Someone has to moderate that stuff. Just like a political debate, etc., there are rules that must be enforced to keep things moving along with relative smoothness. :)

• They just hate me!

• I haven't had an issue with any mod or editor except pervertedjester because he took my Take out of context and named things about it in his own myTake and nothing he said was true. But people like @fathoms77 I've had nothing but great experiences with. I think it really just depends on the mod or editor.

• Because there are trolls and people who post offensive or non-sense things. Then the moderators delete their posts and obviously they don't like it.
    I understand that sometimes they just want to make GAG a better website.

• Because they're continuously breaking the site rules, and getting their posts removed. I've noticed the more abiding users don't have much of a problem with us - it's always the troublemakers who do.

• Because some people don't know how to follow the rules, and apparently don't understand that admins have the last say in those things.

• It's not like the mods have the last say anyway. That falls with the admins.

• I don't hate the mods but I did encounter one or two mods I blocked so it's all good

• I think it's only a few that screw things up.