Blocking Users on G@G: Should There Be A Limit?

Should there be a limit on how many people you can block? Just curious what others think. I find it slightly annoying how many people on this site get butthurt when someone disagrees with their myTake or post, then have sort of rude reply and block the user say they can't respond. I feel it's a bit misused, but I kind of want to know what everyone else thinks.

• Yes
  • No
  • Other

Most Helpful Guy

• You don't even have to be a creep or a stalker to get blocked now. I get blocked by people because I have differing opinions or view points. It's comical how sensitive people are now.

Most Helpful Girl

• People are going to do what they're going to do. Unless someone is hoping to be antagonistic, I don't see why it matters. If you block me, you block me. Then I don't have to deal with you.

What Guys Said 18

• No, there are so many creeps, weird people, rude, evil and nasty people on here. We should be able to block all of them.

• I haven't blocked anyone, if I don't reply I don't reply, life goes on. However I understand if it's a differing opinion or point of view and you get blocked that could be moderated or requested for review to allow comments. However the rules state from what I read that, you can post on other questions and on anons, so it won't work in those cases, however tagging anyone that's blocking you is considered antagonizing but not in the dictionary definition, especially if you haven't been a douche about anything, it wouldn't fit yet it being used subjectively here. People sometimes jump to conclusions about something or read into what they want to in comments or opinions or even questions and MyTakes, sometimes they don't read at all and jump to conclusions over a title, then report it and block the person. If someone blocks me I probably dodged a bullet anyway and I thank you for doing it. It's funny how people will use the block feature but it only encourages the behavior especially for creeps and a-holes, but some people won't get that those guys or gals will create another account and keep it up. I just have the one account and don't care about last words, I let them talk as they tend to make themselves look bad anyway, with the whole need to be right thing, I could care less.

• I think maybe a time limit would work since it would stop trolling/harassment but prevent some one from just outright ignoring you because they don't like what you have to say. I get blocked frequently (however I have never once blocked anyone even when I was being severly harrased or insulted) and its annoying since its quite literally over a difference of opinion not something that is actually worthy of blocking some one over. The irony is on several occasions I would try and agree with the person only to realize they blocked me, just because I disagree with one opinion doesn't mean I disgaree with all of them. Over all I do think most people abuse the block feature, I have as of yet found only about two people whom I could see blocking and even then, its the internet I could very easily ignore them.

• There are so many unsatisfactory people on the internet, there should be no blocking limits!

• is there a limit to how many A-holes/weirdos are on this site if the answer is no then no

• I reckon most of the blocks on this site are of stalkers and creeps that girls have to deal with all the time. And those there are plenty of. So no, there should be no limit.

• I've never blocked anyone. I have been blocked and I don't mind or does it bother me I shrug it off and go to the next question.

• No, there should be no limit. Personally, I only block if it's absolutely necessary and currently I don't have anyone blocked, although I know I'm blocked by at least one other GAGer.

It is, after all, a safety measure where you can avoid unsavoury posts/comments/PM's even if they don't break the rules or are bad enough to get the GAGer's account frozen or deleted.

• No, let the blocks be unlimited, it's better this way.

• Doesn't really matter to me. I don't block anybody and couldn't care less when they block me. The world isn't gonna stop just because you hit block.

• There should not be a limit. I like reading what the ladies on GAG have to say. Been on the Internet long enough to know that some people get there rocks off by taunting and griefing and unless the ladies have a way to insulate themselves from the trolls, they might say " aw fuck it" to this forum and leave.

• If you weren't anonymous, I'd block the shit out of you.

• If they want to isolate themselves let them.

• i think there should be no blocking limits

• nah there shouldn't be a limit, but i sympathize with your frustration

• there shouldn't be a limit because there is no limit to many trolls can possibly exist on this site

• One time a guy posted a question saying it happen to him while the only thing he said to her was hey that's kind of mean

• Of course not. That said people are misusing it. Plenty of people on here get butthurt over not having everyone endorse their opinion. But hey, if I want to use my entire salary on buying cabbage I should be allowed to do that too, right?

What Girls Said 13

• Not until there's a limit to how many accounts the creeps, pervs, and assholes can make.

• I think you can block whoever the hell u want.
    Sure people block for stupid ass reasons, but doesn't mean u gotta change the rules of the site for them lol. If they are blocking u, i dont get why u would care anyway. I've had it done to me many times, where someone replies and then they block me. I'm cool with it, and i move on with my life.

As for when i use it, ill use it on creeps, catfish, stalkers, people who like to stir up shit for no reason, people who have a personal problem with my existence, and people who like to assume they know about my life and describe it to me.
    i have over 40 blocked so far, so no after 3 years of being here, I'm not afraid to use this feature if it makes my time here more pleasant.

• I'll say no, but then again I don't even block the dweeb who I'm sure is some old guy with an incest fetish pretending to be a teen girl. With 4000 follows. I understand why people would block but the nutcases just tend to float away on their own, in my very limited experience.

• If someone wants to block 75% of GAG users, I don't really see any good reason why they should be prevented from doing so. It should be completely up to them.

• No! Do you know how many creeps there are on here?
    Block them alllll lol

• Lol, true, but how many people are blocking creeps vs. blocking people with a differing opinion?

• it shouldn't really matter. If someone makes you uncomfortable for any reason, you should be able to block them. You shouldn't be forced to get messages or comments from people you don't want to.
      Its only a reflection on the blocker for the reason as to why they block others.

• I agree that people do misuse the block feature with cowardly hit and runs sometimes. But the anonymous feature is misused to troll much more than the block is.

But hell no, there should be no limits. There are way too many intentional harassers and fucktards to have to make a choice which ones not too block.

🙋

• Being butthurt has no limit.

• No, new creeps and pervs show up every day. We should allow them to be blocked as users see fit.

• Nope... because I really don't care.

• The blocking feature is great for stopping harassment. Yes, some people might use it to "silence" others, but freedom of speech doesn't mean freedom from consequences.

• Now this is going over board. It's not like everyone does it.

• No because some people actually block others for good reasons

• You seem to assume that people get blocked because others are “butthurt when someone disagrees with their post” but have you ever considered that some users do not know how to express their disagreement in a way that is not combative, argumentative, and does not spread negative, toxic vibes? Have you ever humbly considered that you or others genuinely turn someone off of your collective personality with the way you present yourself? I see many people who get on the internet and act as if they are entitled to the focus, effort, and energy of random strangers despite how sincerely toxic and draining their presence is. They approach someone with a rude, condescending tone demanding that they explain themselves or share their thoughts and create a hostile environment and they refuse to take no for an answer as if they are desperate to stroke their ego or receive some imaginary trophy at the end of the conversation. Some people will patiently, graciously deal with that; others will not.

The blocking feature allows one to assertively control their online environment and maintain a healthy, positive atmosphere without it being disrupted by someone’s lame, eager, desperate attempt to stroke their ego via GAG arguments and “debates”. So no, I do not think there should be a blocking limit so that people who are blocked can find a loophole around forcing their presence where it is not desired.