How to become popular and respected on GaG?

I'd like to become one of the more popular and respected members of GaG, like @Charismatic110 , @Ginnyweasley97 , @Sweethomicidalqueen, @Justbanannaz , And @stacyzee Can you guys give me some tips? Maybe a few tips on how to write good myTakes as well?

Most Helpful Guy

Most Helpful Girl

• hello lovely,

Ok id just like to say that when i first joined, i never tried to become anything really. i didn't even know u could make friends lol. All i've done is just spend some time here each day, and GaG has become a part of my life, as well as the people in it. Always enjoy helping people, and i try to put that into most of my opinions lol, most :P

I have a wonderful life outside of GaG, and my time on here has slowly decreased, but i love coming here to unwind with you guys. This place almost turns into a virtual lounge and bar for me, where i can just hang out with my friends, and i love it. I don't consider myself popular. I believe i am known. I do get hate on the daily lol, but i pay it no need. I'm not everyone's cup of tea, and I'm okay with that.

As for mytakes, part of my ability to do it comes from my abilities in English writing. My advice, in a few points, for writing a good mytake:

- dont be afraid to be controversial. someone is always gonna have a problem with your content, and if not the content then with you. write anyway, but write mindfully.

- don't write just for the sake of writing. write when you are inspired, when you have something you just need to share. when you know that what you write will help you release emotions or benefit someone else.

- images are a lot of fun. they aren't used enough.

- be yourself. dont compare yourself to other writers. this is how you make your style known. i had a girl tell me recently that i inspired her to write more, and that just made my entire week. it's so good to know people are impacted in that way.

:)

i talked too much lol, i apologise, i just wanted to make it clear that i've never intended to be a 'figure' on here. it's just a place i call virtual home, where I'm like... that girl you see who's always at the fridge lol.

stay awesome, have fun :)

• Thanks :) I just wrote a myTake, would you mind looking at it and telling me what I could improve?

• I AM a man, though not half the man my mother was! And besides, I can't give my wife half of the bacon burger without letting her know I'm eating it! I'd die first! Either that or just after! Anyway, I should get back to work... ; - )

thank you =]

What Guys Said 22

• Well... this is definitely one way to do it. I find it interesting that no guys were mentioned though.
    there are multiple ways of getting there... you could be
    the smooth funny one like @BertMacklinFBI
    the principled like @Justbanannaz
    the creative like @CHARismatic110
    the experienced like @OlderAndWiser and @redeyemindtricks
    or the Simon Cowell... like.. well... Me. and so much more.
    Bottom line, keep it respectful, stick to the point, add a sprinkle of humor.

• You act like being popular on Gag is an accomplishment lmao

• Well, the first thing I would tell you is don't set our to be popular.

How to be respected? Show respect to everyone else. It's okay to be bold. It's NOT okay to be aggressive, hateful, contentious, or condescending. Don't act like you're smarter or better than everyone.

Ask fun questions, give honest answers, write some good myTakes, and - I cannot stress this enough - THINK about what you say before you say it.

Be prepared for people to react differently than you expect them to. Accept that people think and believe differently than you.

Lastly, don't expect to become "popular" or "respected" immediately. It might take a while. If you stick around a while and advance into the higher xPer levels, you'll be noticed more, but again, you have to contribute. I was on the site for nearly three years before they asked me to join the Mod team.

Welcome aboard and have fun!

• First of all play some Fallout 4 with mods (just saying). I'm going to playing some modded Fallout 4 today

33.media.tumblr.com/.../...02zJfR1sxcftfo1_400.gif

• Would you as a F4 player say that, in comparrisson to other Bethesda games, F4 was lacking in the dialogue and roleplay areas?

• @ThisDudeHere I could see why they would say that but it does have good NPC on NPC dialogue in my opinion, player on NPC not so much. The way how companions react or just NPC conversations in general are what I like

send me a link to vid, DooMguy will have a look

• It'd be hard to find it now.

• Being "popular" on here should never be a goal, just stop caring so much... don't be afraid to say what you're thinking in your opinions, interact with people you like talking to and forget the rest.

• Thanks for the advice. May I ask another question?'

• Basically keep things civil in your opinions, don't insult anyome or break the rules that could get you reported... also everytime you see someone doing something bad, just report the opinion.

Once they notice you reporting things consistently... you might get asked to be a mod.

• Good to know

• Don't try to be popular. Simply be you and do what you do. To be honest, I don't even like most of those people you mentioned (except StacyZee) and feel like they live for attention anyway. They only got to be popular by advertising themselves and having a lot of followers. I don't feel like they're great examples of what it means to be well-known and well-liked.

Don't try to be something based on how others are. Maintain your originality. Speak from the heart. And if nobody likes you for it, that's on them. Not you.

• Don't be afraid to ask questions, answer questions, write mytakes, read mytakes, be friendly, be helpful. Another thing is you're going to always get some haters on here but that's ok. People are assholes on here from time to time so if they say anything to you don't be afraid to bite back. Oh and to get your content featured often use. hashtags. hope this helps!

• Answer as many questions as possible and pursue a character you want to be.

Like me, a self loving anime fan that tries too hard too sound edgy somtimes.

It doesn't work, by the way.

• Don't ask me!

• Just post stuff all the time. It comes naturally to some. I've been here every day for more than a year and there are people who are far more popular than me but have spent less time here. l

• just use gag most of the times and share your opinions on every topic

• By giving the best advice you can and avoiding the questions that already have to many answers or an answer like yours.

• share an interesting fact about yourself. don't be anonymous. share opinions, myTakes, and questions. you won't get respect lol. there will be people who would find a reason to not like you. i can already tell some people on here found a reason to not like me lol idgaf but im still popular on here lmao.

• Become a master and an editor.

• Editor, I'm working on, and the climb to master is a long one. How did the admins become admins?

• I'm pretty sure they ask you if you want to be one, either by private message or emailing you at the address you used to create your gag account.

To be asked I think you need to be an active member who consistently contributes content to the site (questions and opinions) and you need to have a certain report ratio. For example, when there are posts that violate the site rules, you report them. However if you just go around randomly reporting everything then that probably hurts your chances of becoming a mod. Also they might have a set number of mods so you might have to wait for there to be an opening. Im not sure about that tho.

• Thanks so much :)

• Just whore yourself on this site like 365 days, 24 hours, and 60 seconds each day and you'll get there :)

• Why bother putting effort into something so trivial. And honestly, it's no honor getting respect from the idiots here. Pure waste of time and effort.

• Dont fret about becoming popular, do your own thing. If thats writing takes then go for it.

• Be attractive.

• Get a new haircut and some nice clothes lol and cool friends

• Life the GaG life and talk to people.

• Why Gag, why not popular and respected in real life. Sounds to me like you feel inadequate in your social real life and are looking for it online. Ominous signs indeed watson

• In real life I just don't like a lot of the people I know, and there's not chance of me becoming popular, nor do I want to become popular outside of GaG.

• Respected, yes. Popular, no

• Ok, i respect that. Then feel free to become popular on her if you want.

• have good answers, have a good time, and it also helps to be named a mod

What Girls Said 14

• Be a frequent user , answer a lot of questions , post a lot of questions , write frequent mytakes. The more active you are here the more you stand out to others.

Writing good mytakes
    -Be sure to stand behind what you are writing. There will be many that try to tear you down (have a strong back bone ), and try to please no one.
    -when writing informative try to back it up with proven data.

• Well thanks for the mention lol. Gonna be completely honest with you, I don't get into the whole popular thing on here. I just come to write Takes and give the best advice I can. Just be yourself. People are gonna either love you or hate you for it. As for writing Takes, same thing goes. Pick good topics. Be clear about what you're writing about. And always put your own little flare on it.

• O: What? What about me! Apparently I am not respected! O:

• I prefer to fly under the radar. Very stealthy, much stealth.

• Ask fun questions, give good answers and just try to be generally helpful! :)

• Just become a regular and be respectful to others and they will do the same and avoid pointless arguments

• I'm sorry you strive to be popular on here lmao

• I am not popular and WAY NOT respected haha.
    Just say what you think-don't censor yourself.

• Why would being popular on gag be worthy of you making it your objective in the first place?😅

• Share more of your life experiences

• Lol why would you want to be popular on here? No one is popular, they just talk to a lot of people and write more opinions.

• Why do you want to be popular here tho?😐

• spend all ur time on here and people will appreciate u

• Just be yourself 🌸❤️