Why do the men and women of gag hate each other so much?

I just don't understand it. Men and women were designed to compliment each other. We're supposed to be the puzzle piece that completes the picture. Since joining this website I've seen nothing but hate spewing from both sides of the fence. Why?

Men are beautiful, and wonderful, and amazing. I would expect any heterosexual woman to feel the same and any heterosexual man to view women that way. It seems like the girls on here go all lezzie to protect a woman simply because she's a woman. The women on here act like men are the devil and their sole purpose is to hold them down. And the men on here act like women want to destroy everything they've built.

Why do you guys hate each other so damn much?

Most Helpful Guy

• Too many people want to blame others for their failures instead of blaming themselves. I remember a time when I used to do this myself.

Often this is purely out of ignorance - they THINK they understand the other sex (because they ASSUME that the opposite sex wants what they want and thinks the way they think) but they're completely wrong because they've never learned the wants and perspectives of the opposite sex. But some people refuse to learn, or refuse to accept, these perspectives - refusing to believe that those perspectives aren't the same as their own. And when you START with such a fundamental misunderstanding, you're bound to fail, and if you fail enough, and never make a legitimate effort to figure out WHY, you usually become bitter.

I completely agree that men and women can and should compliment each other. That doesn't mean we are the SAME, it means their strengths compliment our weaknesses and vice versa.

But if people are having trouble attracting a mate, they usually need to look in the mirror and that's where they'll find the person responsible. They need to work on THEMSELVES, and improving the things about themselves that the opposite sex finds value in.

• I'm in love with your answer especially about sameness. I've said it countless times that men and women are equal in basic human needs and respect but we are NOT the same. Sameness and equality are different. Your answer is very well said. Thank you for your response. :)

Most Helpful Girl

• I don't agree with your assessment. I've seen some ugliness but that can be found anywhere on the internet so GAG isn't unusual in that. I chuck it up to great deal of immaturity combined with anonymity. People often think it's ok to spew out all kinds of ugliness when they aren't held directly accountable for their words. What they don't realize is the face they show on the internet is more authentic than what they show in real life. We are all responsible for our words in any medium.

I am always honest, matter of fact, and neutral when I post on GAG. Rarely do I get any negative feedback. It did happen a few nights ago though but I didn't take it personally. It was obvious to me the kid I was conversing with took something completely the wrong way.

What Guys Said 27

• I love your take so much. Men and women are designed to love each other not hate each other. They are designed to give compliments and love each other. Your comment about the puzzle piece is so true. I agree there is so much hate from men to women and women to men on GAG. Every time I say there is misandry on GAG women tell me "I have never seen misandry here" or "Not as much as the misogyny." I feel this is rubbish, I see just as much hate from both genders to the other gender. Thank you for say "men are beautiful," sadly I do not hear women say that much. I really do feel like women just hate us men a lot of the time and I am thinking some of your women feel men just hate you. There is so much hate here. I think it comes from very bitter and angry men and women towards the other gender. Men get over it, not every woman is a bitch and women get over it if you keep meeting the same type of bad guy maybe you should look at why you are and stop spreading hate towards all men. As a man I feel I can say nothing about women even if it is true because if I do a group of women gang up on me and bully me and treat me like total shit. Women here treat me like shit when I have actually done nothing wrong. The problem is men now feel women want power over men and forget that not all women do. Some women do sure but I have seen women defending men and because a man has ran into so many women that are against him he treats the woman that is defending men badly. The hate on GAG between men and women is so high. However, it is not just on GAG, this is a problem in real life to. It all is really sad since men and women are meant to love each other, not hate each other and both genders are doing a great job of fuelling the hate and driving the genders apart.

• Gosh, sorry for the big wall of text. I just started typing and got carried away.

• I know how women treat me on this site and in real life does not help how I feel about women. I am actually really scared of women now. After last year I get really uncomfortable if women look at me in public and if they get too close in public I freak out and move away from the woman. I am not trying to be full of drama but after everything I am scared of women. :(

• You answered your own question. "It seems like the girls on here go all lezzie to protect a woman simply because she's a woman." That sexist mentality is why guys "act like women want to destroy everything they've built." Feminism has taught women that it is okay for them to be sexist, and has destroyed any respect our genders once had for each other.

You say "Men are beautiful, and wonderful, and amazing" which I appreciate, but that goes against feminist teachings of "the patriarchy and rape culture" that are used to brainwash young girls that don't know any better into seeing men as the enemy.

There was actually a take by a guy recently on all the reasons he loves women, and he was attacked for being sexist. While I didn't agree with him on every point, he didn't write anything that should have come across as offensive, but plenty of women found reasons to be offended by it. The poor guy couldn't even say "Women are selfless" without a lot of women screaming that is a generalization, and therefore sexist.

Feminism doesn't accept the idea that "Men and women were designed to compliment each other" In order to compliment the other gender, would mean that we must be different somehow. Either we have to pretend men and women are EXACTLY the same, or else it is considered sexism now.

• I know the guy, he wrote his take as a response take to mine. I received the same kind of thing from the guys on here. It's just so crazy. I've never seen so many miserable people in my life, especially at something that is supposed to be beautiful. There is so much bad on here that any hint of good gets treated like it's evil in its purest form. What a bunch of loons.

• I am sure it is more complex than I fully understand, but my current understanding is that third wave feminists, started fighting a different type of sexism, such as cultural expectations, instead of just legal issues. They were the ones that started yelling at men for trying to open a door for women and acted insulted if the guy tried to pay for the date. I feel they are the ones that have taken it way too far.

Their message should have been "Its okay not to fulfill gender expectations if you don't want to, because you will find someone that is a better match for you". Instead their message was "You are sexist if you prefer any type of relationship than what we deem appropriate." Pretty much over night everything they didn't like became sexist after that.

• Sounds just about right. I can't handle that level of crazy.

• I think that maybe you are reading too much into badly worded responses and questions!! I've chatted, privately with a few WONDERFUL ladies, and had some 'Bro time' with a couple guys!
    I look at if they post 'Anonymous' or if they post with their ID. Anonymous posts are, well, people saying sht they maybe shouldn't, or are afraid to. Not all bad, just controversial, maybe to get help, to see if what they think is good or really weird!!
    I like when people post something that we can discuss, even if we disagree, we can still have "A good conversation"
    I really don't like the ones that just post inappropriate, or hurtful things, sexually degrading things, and demeaning things!! Those could just go away!!
    Just relax, and try not to judge too much, too soon!! Respond, and defend what you think, or message them, personally, and discuss it!!
    We are all different, and we won't ever agree, completely, on everything!! That diversity, and the discussion, is what is interesting, and challenging!!

• I am probably one of the men who you think is a woman hater. To say that I held hatred for the entire female gender would not be correct. I think that a new word would have to be created. One that meant deep suspicion, cynicism, resentment and bitterness. . . not not hatred.
    I think that MrOracle also touched on me when he said that people should look in the mirror, if they wanted to see the cause of their failures.
    I am the product of my interactions with women and how I reacted to them. With age I have learned that how we react to things is a choice that we make. At the time, I was too young and full of hormones, as well as a degree of naivety, to understand that it was a choice.
    When I was a teenager and then a 20-something I could almost not get a date. The girls wanted players, or some version of the sociopathic bad boy. Not all girls, of course, but certainly the ones with whom I came into contact. I have heard estimates of 80 per cent for those who are in the grip of the bad-boy fixation.
    I had a lot to offer, but what I had to offer was not what was of no interest to females in that age range.
    My one serious girlfriend (or at least I thought that she was my girlfriend) used me as part of an elaborate plan to create a diversion so that her parents would not suspect that she was maintaining a secret relationship with a bad boy of whom they disapproved greatly. I was too naive and too much in love to see what was in front of my eyes. To say that I had a complete psychological meltdown after she eloped with the bad boy would be a massive understatement. I was 21.
    About the time that I turned 30 I took stock of my situation. I was a young professional who had a rising media career. I knew that it was not looks, because my head was thought to be presentable enough to be on television. I knew that I did not lack 'macho', because I had a reserve commission in the army and was a serious student of a martial art. The only rational conclusion was that what I had to offer was not what was wanted by women (as a collective).
    I applied one of the principles of military tactics, which was to fight only the battles that could be won. So, I walked away. I went MGTOW before there was a name for it.
    It was a rational decision to stop beating my head against a wall.
    It still ripped my guts out when I saw loved-up couples out and about, but that was something with which I had to learn to live.
    Not long after that decision, I became aware of certain statistics.

• part 2
      Those statistics were a divorce rate of roughly 50 per cent, of which 80 per cent were initiated by women.
      Men who work in the media have a divorce rate that is close to 100 per cent. I saw colleague after colleague destroyed by the vindictive harpies, who used the Family Court to take everything that they owned and then turn them into impoverished slaves via child-support orders.
      During this process, I discovered that female group preference in men underwent a 180 degree change between the ages of 30 to 35.
      I went from being as popular as leprosy to being hit on by women in all sorts of ways in all sorts of situations. That is still happening today, even at my somewhat advanced age.
      Not only had what women wanted in men changed, there had also been a role reversal. Women were very much taking the initiative.
      From my end, I was fascinated, but I was also not interested.
      What I saw was women who would not have given me the time of day when they were 20, but who wanted me now.

• I'm sorry you've dealt with all that you have, I wish I could heal your bruised heart, but you don't see that as an extreme way to deal with it? I've had my heart broken plenty of times, my confidence smashed to pieces before being able to build it back up. But I understand the quality woman I am, and I know that for young boys at the time most weren't looking for something like that. I've been lonely and I've been sad. I've been hurt the same as you but I don't blame men for it. It's those boys and it's me with my naivety. But I believe that same naivety has taught me things and helped me grow. It was the innocence of heart that makes you so and it's a beautiful thing, nothing to be ashamed of. I don't know if you'll feel better from just a few responses. But I do wish you the best and hope that you could move past your heartbreak.

As for the divorce rates those aren't reliable. I've learned about those as well in college and I've learned that the reason it is so is because

• The married stay married. Divorce rates don't reflecct the reality and seem very high but it doesn't mean most married people get divorced.

Ex:
      You have two couples that get's married, one stays married and the other gets divorced, then it's 50/50. You have a third couple that gets married and gets divorced, then the divorce rate would be higher than the marriage rate. In order for the results to change you would need more people getting married because if the married people stay married there are no new stats. Only when they divorce. Plus divorce rates need to look at the length of marriage, also how long they've known each other before the marriage. If everyone in Vegas got divorced cuz they new their spouse after only one night of "fun" then the divorce rates are greatly skewed.

• There are some people I like on here and some I dislike. And many in between. But it has nothing to do with what sex they are. And I notice the same in return. So I just do not see what you are saying to be true. As for dealing with the negative vibes in general, I loved the answer given by @LJHam. There is a lot of immaturity all over the internet.

• I suppose I'm mostly referring to the MGTOW types and crazy patriarchy obsessed women?

• They are wacky, yes. But they are not the majority. Lots of wonderful people on here.

• Because in real life men and women get along perfectly fine, so they have no argument out there, hence they come on here to vent. Anyway it's only 3-5 nutjobs from either gender, vast majority of folks get along.

• Men and women were designed to compliment each other. We're supposed to be the puzzle piece that completes the picture." Clearly, you have a lot more to learn about humans.

If I had to say it was one thing, I would say it's resentments that build up IRL, which can then be splayed out without inhibition, due to online masks significantly lowering the consequences for blatant truth telling. Also feminism.

• That's a honest and legimate question. And the only answer I have to give is the lib movement. I also see a lot of supremacy attitudes in both genders on here. While I find it both appalling and juvenile, it's pretty much what entitlement and disrespect breeds

• People on here can be very rude. I can't say I haven't been pissed at times and said things I shouldn't however, I try not to. I've been called 3 names on here tonight already just talking about one issue. When people can't come up with an answer to support their cause, they have to be angry and call people names to deflect the argument and make themselves feel better about it. I don't recall calling anyone a name but I have told people off. It's rare and I have to be very pissed to do it. Usually, I just walk away and decide they're too immature to talk to. I do know what you mean though and it's sad.

• most people come her with rigid stereotypes and what is normatively bad in their opinion. as soon as they see anybody who strikes them as being one of those negatives stereotypes, they´ll be triggered and release all their anger onto that person. that anger is contageous so it really gets people raging. it´s a viscious circle.

• I don't know, I don't hate anyone. Actually, most people I actually enjoyed to have conversations here are women.

• It's a collision of feminist ideas versus men's rights ideas. I used to be on the side of men, but now I honestly can't say I give a shit about either or. Kind of a sign that we're going to end up in another civil war given it's going this way outside of cyberland too.

• I don't hate anyone and G@G made me like women a lot more believe it or not.

• ON GAG #ItsNormal
    But its sad. We need more people like you...
    #CheeringYou #Supported #cheers #girlsloveboys #boyslovegirls

• We're incapable of seeing the other gender's perspective. Its always an us vs them mentality.

• That should definitely change. We should be able to look past our own bias. Most people here are supposed to be adults.

• Well said, thank you for commenting. :]

• We are NOT incapable... but we are often UNWILLING to see the other gender's perspective.

And relationship issues like this are one of the few things that NO ONE teaches from generation to generation. Almost everything else we try to pass on knowledge and wisdom through the generations, but when it comes to relationships, we very oddly seem to feel that everyone needs to figure out how to reinvent the wheel on their own. It's maddening!

• I think most people on here do not live life or step out in the real world lol

• In real life its worse

• We are secretly gay lol jk I don't hate anyone on here lol.

• Because it's the internet.

• Not every piece fits with the next piece... You have to find the right one.

• Lol yeah those are polar opposite results. I guess just like anywhere gag has its crazies too.

• mmm hmmm

• Because most women on gag are repressed fuglies, feminists or lesbians. But thankfully there are women who still love men outside of the internet.

• Because people be trying niggas and challenging their authority

• I don't think that they do...

• Socially inexperienced.
    If you haven't noticed there are a lot of frustrated virgins here. (Not saying ALL of them are like that but there's quite the number of them)

On a side note, I hate everyone equally.

• do they?

i think the only issue on here is the glut of over sensitive people

• It's our way of hiding our immensely belligerent sexual tension.

• Men aren't so nice as you assume

• I don't assume, I still value the men in my life though. I value the good men. The jerks that exist in the world aren't representative of every man on planet earth. I'd much rather have a generalized love of men than a generalized hatred for them.

What Girls Said 13

• It just feels like the genders are competing all the time. Over every little thing. And when everyone thinks that they are right, it becomes a battle. It's very disheartening. I never saw this type of hatred (let's be real, guys and girls here literally hate each other) until I came here.

• I love all of the dicks of G@G.

• I don't hate the guys on here. I do dislike the jerks though.

• You know what? Now I do have a specific answer. I HATE they guys who pretend to be girls. OH MY GOD. WTF is wrong with them? Like i just talked to a "girl" who was confused about her body and I was SO helpful. And what do I get? A pissy little boy who went off on me for not giving him fap material.

THAT'S the reason we have problems on this site. Boys pretending to be girls and making problems.

• I understand how that could be frustrating but how would one know if someone is a boy or girl or not? I've had people tell me I was a boy lol and I know that isn't true. xD

• When they ask questions like "can you pee through you pantyhose or do you have to take them off?" or "why aren't women prosecuted for false rape reports?" Oh! Or if they're "bi" or "lesbian" girls who want to sext with you. Their profile picture can also be a tip off. Like if they have a dildo in their mouth they're probably not a girl.

Basically if they're asking things that a normal woman would know, they're a guy.

• 1|0
  • Good question. I don't hate the men on here.

• You'll find that on any site. I belong to a social anxiety site, and the hate is even worse there, especially from the men. A lot of it is just bitterness because either they've been hurt, or they can't find someone. Those people tend to generalize and lump everyone together.

I don't really get it myself. I've been hurt by guys, and I've never been in a relationship. I get rejected all the time, but I don't hate men. The majority of my co-workers are men and we get along really well. I've never blamed men for not wanting me or being attracted to me. It usually just gives me more self-hatred than anything.

• Not all of us... I don't hate anyone here even if they are mean to me all I want to give them in return is love lol making others happy makes me happy :)

• I don't hate any males on here

• This freaking fight is everwhere and its a never ending war

• Feminism. That's why. It spoils and make women this generation stupid af

• Do we ? :O Not me xD xD

• Behind the computer wall you can say and o anything and be what you want and to whom.

• Well, no hate here. Don't pay too much attention to the negative, hateful stuff on GAG. You're falling into it a little yourself with the generalizations. Don't lose hope! There's plenty of positive stuff on here too, and good people. The trick is to focus on that, and add to it. :)

• Yeah I suppose I am a bit. It's just so upsetting when I see it here, you know? But you're right. Shifting my mind toward the more positive aspects of this website is what's important. It's just hard sometimes.

• Yeah you're right. Thank you for your response. I'm fairly pleased with everyone's answers so far. I'm glad it's turning out this way, thank you again. :D

• You're welcome. :)