Why even be anon?

Like why
I understand going anon for a very personal, sensitive topic on occasion but routinely.. What's the point?
Zero identity, it's like you are literally a nobody in cyber space giving an opinion lol, blue anons bitch about girls and are mtgow, pink anons omg pink anons!! Haha past couple days one pink anon kept accusing a couple of us of being catfish (wouldn't I use Chris hemsworth pics if I was lol) and another pink anon whining about hot guys on gag of bragging too much... which got me thinking, are people anon on gag to just vent out their frustrations about the world in a safe, personality disorder-riddled manner?

• Anons gon anon
  • There are legitimate reasons to go anon (enlighten me)
3mo Didn't mean to diss on mgtow, we cool boyos❤

Most Helpful Girl

• I don't see any other legitimate reasons other than the ones you stated at the beginning. I think the anonymous function should be limited to the sex and relationships topics only, and maybe also the health & fitness topic (as there are plenty of people who have embarrassing health issues and they don't want to be known. I certainly would use anon in that case).

Other than that, there's no reason to be anonymous for any other question. Especially questions like "What TV shows do you guys like?"

And there is ZERO reason to have the private opinion option on any question.

Yeah fr! I think as someone suggested here most are really guys lol

I mean, I do buy the argument that private opinions are more bad than good -- in terms of the potential for harassment, or sketchy conversations with underage people, etc. -- **IF** it's unavoidable that private opinions are allowed.

But, since "Allow private opinions" is something that can be turned on or off at will, that's what has convinced me that it's not a totally useless feature.

@redeyemindtricks I'm afraid we'll have to agree to disagree on that one.

Most Helpful Guy

• "oh I am a little 5'4 140 pounds nerd, I can kick your ass dude. I will fucking kill you by my small soft 140 pound ass, I can't get wedgied and shoved in locker behind keyboard. Guys like you were reason I thought of suicide all my school life now Ima unless my small 5'4 140 pound on u"

O wait I didn't go Anon, Ow fuk bye

"ow no I wasn't Anon! Pls don't bully my small 140 plunder ass, I'll do ur homework guys! Oh no !"

Baha nerds

@sixnineanon lmao looks like Sylvester Stallone when he was 8

I wish I could like your comment because she does look like a little boy

What Girls Said 20

• A friend on here has been educating me. Anon girls are actually boys and vice versa. In fact, there is strong evidence that you are actually a female Russian gymnast.

• I really don't get the point of being anonymous either. I mean you can choose to not have any photos of yourself on here and withhold personal information like your name, and you're just as anonymous as you would be without hitting the anon button.

People are people pleasers I guess. They don't want negative things associated with their name.

I, on the other hand, could not give two flying fucks.

• I've had my live feed and every other type of feed be nothing but anons. -_-

People are going way too crazy with this and there needs to be a limit. How the hell can you have fun with anyone when they are just anon. I honestly believe majority of people that go anon are paranoid and feel like the whole world is out to get them. Majority of any scary thing they list being a reason why, I haven't face that at all the whole time I've been on gag.

• There are legitimate reasons to go anon but the vast majority of them are trolls. I'm tired of getting wedding proposals lol.

• Sometimes you just want to ask a question without people judging you. Especially if it's a personal or sensitive topic like you said. I haven't been on here very long but I recognize a lot of people already

Who cares about being judged when you'll never meet them? I just don't get it

I know but still. I asked a personal question once and suddenly a bunch of guys started messaging me. Sometimes it's better to just be anonymous

• Sometimes I go anonymous when I'm talking about something very personal.
    But I don't understand why does some people go to anonymous just to say something like "my favorite color is blue". There's no need of hiding your identity for something like that.
    I guess some users are so used to post anonymously that they are not able to show their identities anymore. It's an habit.

• Some people just don't want to know that they're the one asking the question... duh, maybe they're embarrassed or something. Does it really matter?

• Anons gonna anon, Tim. You know this.

• I will go anon if its a touchy subject. Dont need anyone getting the wrong idea and trying to harass me.

• Other than going anon for personal, sensitive topics sometimes I go anon just because I can.

• Always try to better yourself, even if others don't better themselves.

• It turns into a fun guessing game hahaha

• haha true. were already on a pretty anonymous site anyways. its not like anyone knows who i am in real life

• i have gone anon b4 ;-) u'll never know why

don't snitch on me @admins

• so people don't judge you or if you want to see people opinion without who you are or they way you look influencing them

• I think they just feel more comfortable

• It makes people more comfortable.

• Because I can

• Trouble in paradise?

Do u think most pink anons are really guys?

Lawyer Hahaha

"She" brought up the Equality Act (which is about equal pay in the workplace) regarding some women not allowing the fathers of their children to be present in the delivery room since the breakdown of their relationship. Uh, no.

What Guys Said 21

• I think people often don't get my sense of humor, and take my username seriously. So often I will go anon, as oppose to dealing with people.

• They probably think they are less likely to get called out if they are anon and also don't want their online reputation to be damaged if they are sharing a potentially personal or unpopular opinion.

• I agree that there's no point in being anon all the time.

But a side note, although I'm not one myself, why is it that you made out MGTOWs as bad? There's nothing wrong with them.

• I'm only here to vent out my frustrations about the world in a safe, personality disorder-riddled manner... but I couldn't give a flying monkey's foreskin about going anon to do it!

• I've never gone anon on anything lol. People are too pussy to state their real opinions I suppose.

• Embarrassment I guess or people not knowing who you are so they can't attack you personally, I never really got it myself, so what if people attack you? that's life, deal with them and move on.

• Never understood it really, maybe they might be afraid to say something thats on their mind for fear of the social justice warrior who knows. But me, I say whatever the fuck I want love it or hate I don't care.

But hey some things I guess might be a bit too personal and they don't want 'certain' people to know is my guess.

• They want some super level of anonymity where we can't even tie their opinion to a username. Makes me wonder how they are in the outside world when they wanna ask something or have an opinion.

• Enlighten me as well lmao. Lol I didn't see that question where they accused you of being a catfish. I know your really boo 😉

• Well, I see a lot of women go anon when their opinion is of a "slutty" nature, and I've always presumed they did so so that they wouldn't get bombarded by dick pics.

• I was about to say something that'd get a bullhead of people mad so I'll bite my tongue... Which is ironic since I usually do that thing I said I won't do 😂

• to be honest they need to remove anon completely We are already fucking Anonymous its just a way to piss people off at this point because 1 anon questions tend to be just for reactions/catfishing and anon posts tend to be used to post offensive shit

• They scurred and can't voice shit without doin it like a person. It's like writing an unsigned note that says "You're ugly" putting it in your locker at school.

• Anons gon anon dude. I think some people subquestioned me too. I never go anonymous because I'm already 6'9" anonymous.

• I think I've been anon a dozen or so times of me being here 5 years.

• I don't know, sometimes there are is a reason but some use it all the damn time

• I don use anon often.

• because sometimes you want to say things that do not need to be tied to your identity.

• To troll, why else do you think?

• Maybe they go anon because they want to be "extra" safe lol.

Safe from what, it's online lol never going to meet each other

I have no idea what people who post anonymously all the time are thinking. Maybe they think posting anonymously is cool lol

1 private opinion(s)
Only the asker and the opinion owner can see it. Learn more