Notification explosion... wtf happened?

I log in like after half a year later and I have nearly 2000 notifications unchecked... like wth happened?
I remember clearing out my notifications tab before leaving, so I have no idea what's going on :/
Is it a glitch? If not how do I sort this out?
Notification explosion... wtf happened?

Most Helpful Guy

Most Helpful Girl

• It could be any of the notification types we have now. If you don't want to go through them all, you can clear them all at once by going to your notifications page (click on the bell icon) and in the top right corner you should see a button that says "Mark all as read" which will clear all of your notifications. Keep in mind, this will clear your private message notifications as well so you may want to check those before you click the "Mark all as read" button.

Second, you can view all of the notification types and select which ones you don't want to receive anymore by going to your setting page on your profile and scrolling down to where it says "Notifications." There, you can uncheck the boxes of the notifications you no longer wish to receive. Then click "save." Hope this helps. :)

What Guys Said 20

• It sounds about right actually. You pretty much get a notification everytime somebody farts now.

• No, I would believe you have 2000 of them after 1.5 years. GAG has made changes and now you get notifications for everything.

• Oh goodness... we've had to review some settings as to what we liked to receive notifications for.
    By setting it to little more than messages, opinions and replies, these notifications are like before :D
    But the first time I turned GAG on after the update I also had 100 notifications in less than 24 h :-(

• You are going to go Nuts

• They updated it so that there are more things that you can get notifications for.

• don't worry. probably all but ten or so will be closed questions you can't respond to anyway..

• Nah that shit happened to me. I was gone for a few months. What happened they changed the notification system where like it would notify you if one of your followers would submit an opinion on a question. It was lame lol

• Yes,.. Let's hangout and have pizza. And listen to rock music as we open and go through every notification in your inbox.. .. Either way you are going nuts..

• Oh, if you didn't turn off a specific group, you're fucked. Like, the 1st few days I had it after that update, id wake up with about 100 notifications... And I'm a dude 😂

• Female + Not logging in a while = 1000+ notifications and 1001 dick picks

If I didn't log in half a year, the most I'd get is 33 messages and notifications COMBINED! Lmao!

:P
    ;P
    :p
    :(

• There all from that one foreign guy that keeps telling you that he wants to marry you.

• It looks like a lot has happened when you were gone. I wish I could wake up to so many notifications everyday

• GAG is run like a fucking circus.

• I thought that was a common glitch back in the day.

• Somebody's popular!

• I need help too 😭 I guess you and I will be here for a while 😭😂

• You get notifications from the people you follow.

• Welcome back NUTS!

I mean amy! ;P

• With the updates they've made since you've been away I'm not surprised.
    Welcome back by the way.

1 private opinion(s)
Only the asker and the opinion owner can see it. Learn more

What Girls Said 6

• GAG updated so that you get more notifications for different things, that may be why you have so many. You can toggle some of the notifications on and off here to make it a little smoother for you:

http://www.girlsaskguys.com/user/iamnuts/settings

To quickly clear all of your notifications go here and click the 'mark all as read' button and it should get rid of them:

www.girlsaskguys.com/user/iamnuts/notifications

(You can get to that page by hovering over the notification button and clicking 'view more notifications by the way, I think it's pretty simple but I figured it'd be better to be more direct. Also - welcome back!) :)

• hahahahahahahahaha

• I guess it's normal since you spent an year and a half without signing in.
    Plus, some things had change since then, so you got notifications.

• Oh man. I logged out for a week and came back to over 200. They changed a lot of the settings. The good thing is that you can clear them all at once.

• You need to go to your settings and disable the notification options.

• It just means there's been new responses since you cleared them out. Not sure if you can just dismiss them all or if you must open them individually.