When some women go on a tirade on here, who are they talking to/trying to convince?

I was just reading jRICHARDS mytake where he wrote 5 things that he loved about women. Now, typically when i plan on reading through a myTake, I read the comments first just so i can get a gist of what its about and what I'm in for. Well, after reading some womens comments, I was expecting WAY worse. I mean shit... one of his points was that he thinks women are generally selfless, which i think is a bit over the top but that didn't seem to stop a lot of girls from hating the take so perhaps it wasn't -_- He also thinks women are sexy and cute. OH THE HORROR

I mean really? Is life so good that we find offence in stuff like this nowadays? When i think of what i like about women specifically, the first things i'm gonna list are not going to be stuff like "they are so smart, they are so capable, la de da da" These aren't things that I specifically attribute to women, because both genders are equally capable of doing what they set their mind to. If i were to make a list like this, it would consist of traits and characteristics that i see as fairly specific to women in general. Things like their looks, their mannerisms, their quirks, etc. But now I feel like i'm living in an age where people wake up seeking something to be offended by with every fiber in their body. Unless the guy derives his sexual arousals from womens supreme intellectualism, some of you throw a fit in the comment section about how brilliant women are, which to me comes across as grossly unnecessary.

Look, I believe that most women on here are fairly astute individuals. As astute individuals, you should already know that there are largely two types/camps of guys on here: The guys that really don't give a shit about how smart and capable you think women are, and the guys who already know and acknowledge how smart and capable women are. So my question is... when you leave these sorts of comments on mild myTakes like the one Richards made, who exactly are you talking to?

Most Helpful Girl

• I'm not answering your question, but good... lord... do I agree with you! And I'm pretty big too on what was someones intention? I think his intentions were to write a genuinely nice myTake. Lets crucify him now! People are offended by soooo much these days. There was a lot of power tripping going on in those comments.

• Yeah you get it. Obviously the take wasn't super well written (i mean shit, his first two points on why he liked women was because #1 he thinks they're cute and #2 he thinks they're sexy, lmao), its pretty clear his intent wasn't to piss off or shit on women. Obviously he wanted to acknowledge women in his own way, but we live in an era where a lot of people compete to take as much offence in as many things as possible. Ah well.

• So very true.

Most Helpful Guy

• I think they just do it to blow off frustration and get validation from other girls who share their opinion. They will upvote each other, post gifs on each others opinions and basically just high-five each other via the internet.

It's the same when they write takes. For example sometimes women will write takes on why guys shouldn't do X and then the entire take is essentially them bitching about guys who do X in a condescending tone. Realistically none of the guys who do X are going to read that take and change their viewpoint. All it does is allow them to blow off steam and get validation from the people who already agreed with them. They didn't actually change anyone's views or make a difference.

What Girls Said 13

• I see you conveniently ignored the parts about how we're "oversized children" and how the very essence of being a woman depends fundamentally on being "dainty", "petite", and "cute".

Oh, and incompetent, too. My daughter doesn't even fuck up directions on food boxes, and she just finished second grade.

I think I can safely speak for all my fellow tall, non-"dainty", non-"cute", highly competent women when I say: Fuck that shit.

Nice selective reading tho.

• Exactly. That take was so fucking patronizing.

• i don't believe his intent was that women could only be cute and were fundamentally incompetent but, you're free to have your own interpretation

• "To be a woman is to be cute"... is what the words say. The words. Say that.

I have this bad habit, of, like, reading what words actually say.

• I'll tell you what was wrong with it. I'm not sure if you'll agree, but hey, I don't care if you do or not.

He didn't describe what he liked about women. He described what he liked in a woman, and there's a huge difference. I'm not 'cute', I'm beautiful. Calling a grown woman 'cute' is... well, it's weird. I'm not 5. Puppies are cute. Outfits are cute. Knick knacks on the countertops are cute. Women are beautiful. I'm cute following instructions on the back of box and messing it up anyway... Um, no, I make things from scratch, thanks, and got the pics to prove it.

The pictures he used weren't diverse, either. They were all skinny white girls. all women are beautiful. That Take should have been titled what I Like In Skinny White Women.

And I don't 'slave away' to keep a house clean. My mom didn't, either. Both of my parents worked for that. The way it was written made it sound like it was a woman's job and it's not.

Also, women who are mothers and nurses are nurturing, but women are also cops and lawyers, too, just like men are teachers and nurses themselves. It's the stereotypes that were used. It wasn't things about women.

Women are strong. Women fight for their rights. Women no longer allow men to step all over them. Women can now take care of themselves. Women are working in areas that not even ten or fifteen years ago was unavailable to them. Women respect themselves more.

THOSE things are what make women beautiful, not me messing up a cake from a box. I mean, seriously... The Take wasn't unappreciated, it was just poorly written and, for the most part, wrong. He called us 'oversized children' and 'dainty' for God's sakes. That Take was insulting, especially to us minority women who weren't even represented.

• Well, damn. Question asked, question answered lmao

I didn't even notice any of that stuff until you mentioned it...

• I did reply to you, but just an FYI Ellie for the future... look up what a VPN is and consider using it next time. Tony didn't last very long

• Lol, already talked to a mod about it. It's called 'sharing a laptop'. FYI, I didn't say you didn't reply, what I said was you ignored my response :p.

• Amen.
    I'm sure most women on GaG would have received a take similar to the one written about women/girls, but instead on creeps/gentlemen or some male equivalent, quite differently!

• yeah i'd imagine so! But the fashion of the age is to be in a state of constant offence it seems *shrugs*

• from what I remember, that article was just a strange one. but it was an interesting, unassumingly controversial contrast. Resurrecting traditional gender roles here and there, pin ups of classically beautiful women all of a similar look, and purely complimenting some nice features here and there too. He has such an idealized view of women... I am afraid he'll never be satisfied because it's so dang idealized lol. My first thought was, I don't think this is a message to all women... I think it's a message to his idealized woman lol. But it's okay, he seems like a thoughtful person with interesting things to say.

We're all on this site to speak out about what speaks up to us. I think it's completely normal to react to each article as one feels. It gets concerning when the same people dwell on the same topics over and over again like some kind of insurmountable insecurity or online crusade... like that dude insecure about his body hair or those dudes constantly ranting about feminism and all these nitpicky generalizing race questions.

• I didn't find it particularly offensive but just sad that the only reasons this guy seems to love women is because they cook, clean are "nurturing" and he sees us as "oversized children"
    I don't particularly appreciate being stereotyped but this is GAG so I can't say I'm surprised.

• So I just read the MyTake and found zero things wrong with it. It's a very nice take!

I think some ladies can't take the compliment.

• my thoughts as well. I guess some people are just more hypersensitive than others, but in the grand scheme of shit that passes for myTakes on here, this was on clearly on the milder side

• I skimmed over it. Seemed kind of condescending and patronizing. I don't read much of his stuff after his fatshaming Take about Sports Illustrated. He tends to write long, drawn out Takes that don't say much of anything.

• This is what I believe about this issue, _________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________, and this is why I'm never changing my opinion regarding this no matter what anyone says.

• Some people just seem to like being offended, not just on here, but everywhere. Sometimes I think they go looking for it.
    These people would be so much happier if they got over themselves.

• I guess he has to have hope in the worst times

• hahahaha. Well if he thinks things are bad now, he hasn't seen anything yet

• I liked his myTake.

People just get mad about anything really.

• This was well put

• This site is filled with people with inferiority complex

What Guys Said 4

• This was actually deep. MyTake level stuff, almost at least..
    Who are we talking to?

• half the women who reply so negatively are feminist you can't really say anything to make them smile unless its about cutting a guys nuts off lol. but i think there trying to convince themselves more than anything.

for example that Lorain bobbet nut job who cut her husbands dick off, i never seen so many feminist so happy over it. and they even have a few one hit wonder songs from women who did nothing for the rest of the days after the whole thing was over.

they jsut love making noise in hopes of making a future guy hater do something more extreme there just envelope pushers that get no where unless someone reacts like most guys do. i think of them like trolls they bait you to keep there irrelevant babble going.

• I concur

• Some things we will just never know. This is one of those things.