Is it alright if you ask a question which was prompted by a comment on another question to mention that it was in the question detail?

That is to mention in the question detail that the question was prompted by something said on another question, and to link to that other question for context.

What Girls Said 2

• Yeah, I think that is fine.

• Yes, as long as the comment you're referencing isn't something negative about another GaG user.

I didn't specify who prompted the question, or quote their comment or anything.

I just asked a question about whether making a joke about men being gay is homophobic, and mentioned that it was prompted by someone doing that on a question.

I'll see if they change their minds then...

If you're implying your question was hidden, it could be because it was construed to be inflammatory. I don't know, I guess we shall have to wait and see.

What Guys Said 1

• Yes it's alright. It's okay to further discuss the topic.