Why do people block people that are just stating their opinion?

I'm just curious because every time I get into a little argument on here, just stating my opinion I'm not being rude or nasty or anything, people just block me. Like they want to get the last say in the argument and be like "it's done here" and then block me before I get a chance to respond lol. People be such wusses. If that's your way of "winning a argument" you're a goddamn little b****.

Most Helpful Girl

• People don't like when their world view is challenged. Being forced out of one's comfort zone is never pleasant.

I only block persistent spammers and block feature abusers - those that block you, then unblock you to post something shitty on one of your questions/takes or PM and reblock you straight after.

Blocking for difference in opinion is for pussies. Why bother going on an opinion sharing website if all you wanna do is surround yourself with a bunch of yes men parroting stuff you agree with anyway?

What Guys Said 20

• Because many people are little b*tches on here. I need more than two hands to count how many times people have blocked me for stating my opinion. There's those that start an argument, then insult you and block you so you can't say anything.
    There's also those who block you when you haven't even talked before. You don't know them and apparently they have you blocked for whatever reason (I guess they get triggered way too easily).

I don't wanna give names, but these kind of people tend to be the worse of GAG, and they know who they are, they tend to have shitty lives outside GAG, basically because they can't block people in real life.

• I agree with you. It's one thing to block people if they're being creepy, harassing, or threatening. It's another thing to block people just because they disagreed with you.

Those people are not mature enough to see both sides. Don't let it get to you. It's only the internet.

• I only do it if the other one is an obvious troll racist or anything similar. I'm here to have fun and not to waste my time with assholes like that.

those who block easily in a normal argument just can't take shit, are afraid of losing, are intolerant, etc.

• They're close minded and too sensitive i0.kym-cdn.com/.../pddcover.jpg

• Right? 😂 it has happened to me twice already they take shit soo srsly rest assured you and I both know that those folks have done it to others maybe responding to their level just isn't the best idea.

• I'll flip the question, why do people get mad when they get blocked lol? Its kinda the same thing right, whether you get blocked during a diiscussion or because you were trolling... who gives a fuk.

People get offended over the tiniest thing on here, like common language or jokes you use in everyday life can be found offensive on here. There are many folks who SERIOUSLY lack any kind of social skills so what's a reasonable discussion to most humans is the end of the world for them.

I'm not mad, it's someone's right to block someone when they're being rude, or their a creep, or their harassing them, or threatening them. but to block someone because they can't deal with being told they're wrong is immature and ridiculous just saying.

Like be mature about it. I like having mature debates, but these little wusses on this site can't handle that. *sigh*

I agree, but your last sentence just gave off a slight hint of... frustration, if not anger 😂

And yeah a lot of sensative people, some are wussies some have actual mental health defects. I've never been blocked but idmpribably be indifferent about it.

• I think you'll find Gag is the most personality disorder-infested online community on the internet lol so yeah it's all messed up

• I've been blocked by half of this website.

• this happens to me too a lot.

• Lots of pansies here. You get use to it

• Happened to me too Lol
    I wasn't even rude or offensive.

• We're in the day and age where getting someone fired for twitter/facebook postings is common and daily. You're really surprised you might get blocked just for stating your opinion?

• Because I prefer to occupy myself with other things instead of replying to someone who isn't worth the effort so I end the discussion. Blocked and bye.

Well I block people too, but it's like it's just ridiculous when people block others just to get the last say in a argument. Like I don't mind being blocked but don't be a wuss and act like you won a argument when really you're just being immature and like I said ridiculous, and hiding behind your computer.

It's not about winning the argument. When I know Im right Im sure about it and I don't back off.
      If you're smart enough to learn something I won't block you at all. But if you're too dumb too for any kind of intelligent discussion I block you and get rid of you in my newsfeed forever. Thats me though.

Yeah I agree with you I'm the same way, but I was talking about some other immature people on here on GaG. They will block me, then unblock me to say something idiotic again, so I know they're just doing this to win a argument, and they don't even try to learn. And a lot of dumb people who think they're right, really annoys me but whatever to those people keep being stupid lol.

• Butthurt

Nah I ain't butthurt but it's confusing like I think I'm having a adult debate with someone and they get all defensive and shit and don't know how to be told they're wrong so they block me... Lol so it's like why if I was just debating with you.

I meant them lol

Ohh lol yeah true

• i do, i don't give a shit, it's just online points

• they're gay

• Is it mostly male of female that do that to you?

• 1v1 me, I will make you 99percentdevil

2 private opinion(s)
Only the asker and the opinion owner can see it. Learn more

What Girls Said 14

• I personally do not block people and don't quite understand why some people do. I have come to the following conclusions:

1) Some people do it for peace of mind. They feel harassed whether by an idea or a person or they do not care for that person so they do not want to hear their opinions on anything.
    2) others do it as a statement. I don't like you so I am showing you I don't like you by blocking you.

My question to you is, why do you care if you are blocked? I have been blocked before, not on this site but others and I am the most unoffendable person I know. I am the person not to block but it happens. Oh well.

All you can do is be honest, genuinely honest and intellectually honest. And use your common sense. If you aren't being effective than walk away. Most people will respond to that. Some will still block. Oh well.

It is what it is.

• Lol an even better question would be: why do people block people they have never even talked to before?
    That happened to me like 10 times or so on here now like what 😂

I don't get it either. Those people are lame but whatever, they can do what they want :)

@chintita ikr 😝

Lol that's happened to me before too

• i remember when i was like u, just forget about them. i don't get mad about it because the people who do that are weak and won't survive the winter.

• Because they will always be right and you'll be wrong. They don't like to admit defeat. So if they criticise you and can't take it back, they block you in order to have the last say. Then you can't reply back, making it look as if you've gave up.

• Because people get offended really easily. That or they don't like being wrong or having people who have a different opinion to them. Cause according to them we all must think alike

• I'm here to give my own opinions so if anyone jumps on my thread to draw me into a confrontationa... I block them. I don't know why people are so affected by being blocked. I couldn't give a fuck who blocks me

• I have no idea, I had that happen to me a few weeks ago. I really liked talking to the guy and then he blocked me for no reason.

• There's getting into a debate, and there's insulting people. If you can't manage one without the other, you're not really worth the talk, I'm afraid.

• Don't obsess over the people you have been blocked by I mean they could read this post and be laughing that you are still thinking of them and they have got some power kick from it. just shrug it off and talk to people that are worth the time and energy

I'm not obsessing over them. I don't even remember their username or anything, but I like having mature arguments with people, and it annoys me a little when people have to be so immature to block me because all they want is to be right. No ones always right and I get that some people don't, and those people need to grow tf up.

Well if you think that you must be immature. Good day, and bye.

before you get all ready to argue you should know I have a warped sense of humor

• I don't have anyone blocked but I don't see what the big deal is when we're all strangers to each other. Stuff on the Internet can get intense fast and we like to act like it's not part of reality, but it is. If a person needs to block someone else to feel more at ease on here, so be it. Even if it's blocking me. Go ahead. Other options are just skipping over posts or logging off. It's whatever man

Yeah I don't mind people blocking me. I get a little annoyed at first because I'm like I thought we were having a adult argument, a adult conversation. (I may not be a adult legally yet, but I still know how to act like one) No need to block me if I'm not doing anything wrong and isn't being rude or nasty. Some people need to grow up.

In the middle of a conversation I guess it must feel weird, like someone shut the door on your face. It sounds like you won though. I'd actually rather that than someone continue to speak nonsense though, because it's a gross feeling when you realize you wasted your time and brain energy arguing with someone who is never gonna hear you out lol

Yeah lol

• And you think calling them names will stop them? People are going to do what they want... you just have to ignore them.

No I'm not trying to stop them... Just a bit confused like I'm having a debate with someone and then they block me because they can't handle being told differently. It's really nice on those rare occasions that you can have a adult debate with someone without someone getting all defensive and shit and can't stand to be wrong or to be told differently. It's whatever, I'm not mad about it, just a little annoyed at some immature people on here.

Well I dont see it changing...

I didn't say it was gunna change. All I asked was why do people feel the need to block people for disagreeing with you. Of course I can't make people stop 🙄😂

• It's easier to do that than continue the discussion/argument.

• Because people on here are immature and can't handle being proven wrong

• I hate when that happens too! :) I also hate it when people delete me on Facebook for no apparent reason. Sometimes we talk every now and again but we've never gotten into an argument or anything. The funny thing is that when I send them a friend request they usually add me again lol :P Usually they're the ones who added me in the first place before they deleted me so it just drives me nuts ahaha :)