Why are there so many conservatives on here?

From looking at the questions and mytakes it's dawned on me there are TONS of conservative and traditional people on here!! It's like this site is flooded with y'all. But why?

Most Helpful Guy

• People tend to associate with people like themselves so they see the world as mostly like them. The world is probably overwhelmingly what you'd call 'conservative' in fact liberals are probably only the majority in Western Europe.

In the USA 38% self-identify as conservative and only 24% as liberal.

Most Helpful Girl

• There views are becoming less mainstream so they feel threatened and flock to the Internet to vent anonymously and seek validation from each other.

What Guys Said 11

• I probably fall into that camp of traditional as that is how I was raised (mom and dad married young). The kids all divorced except me.. never married... and I don't understand the "open", hookup, swinger, date/screw 3 people one time, etc.. mindset.. especially x relationships at one time.. the others I kinda get. I mean, I don't understand the person emotionally how it is possible.

I'm not "conservative" in that I accept what people as they are (may not sound like it), but my perspective says there is something up (life, emotional wounds, media programming, etc..) unles I find a better answer and I am seraching for one. so I post for people to look more closely at how they are living. When I post, it is because I don't undersatnd them or want to answer their question from my viewpoint.

I went here as part of educational process to answer some questions about relationships after a LTR one that was bad that I didn't undersand (I was clueless and wounded) and an internet flake out... primarily should I do this sex before marriage, how should I do this, what is going on... things seem different and way too hard. I found my own problems burried deep that we fucking me over for all my life in all aspects of it!

I see too many people suffering around me in nearly ever relational scenario so I want to understand set about fixing it (I'm a guy for darn sakes, that is what we do;). I don't buy hook line sinker the church message on this and trying to figure it out.

I'm forming my opinions on these issues, not rock solid yet.

I also think that your type, I'm not sure what word to use... I think it is the same as the "free love" in the 60's or some flavor of that, are out there but they aren't as vocal, probably because they are getting more action than the rest of us so don't have time to blog and are casual laid back in mindset.. they don't care... lol with tears! haha.

It could be there are a lot more of us in society. I don't know... My first exposure on this site was it was very raw and not traditional... e. g. hookup this hookup that. so maybe they bailed out cause us conservatives are here annoying them with your restrictive behavior? We suck don't we? ;) more LOL.

I've communicated with some people that I really like... funny how you get a sense of people over messaging. Some I continue with. You would be a fun person to better undersatnd, that's why I follow. Fun to meet as well.., seriously, just talk to and soak in where you are coming from.

• Most of this site is liberal , however people are moving right. feminism is demonized as a man hating cult is is and replaced with the equalist movement. The refuge crisis is turning Europe into a garbage dump. The movement to boycott marriage because of the female biased court laws.( Mgtow) Baltimore riots and protest groups such as black lives matter are being taking over by violent street thugs. The media's corruption has been exposed. Basically people are fed up with this friendly democratic stuff and want action.

Except for the last example, all of those riots or complaints seems to be geared only towards straight people. Like even on this site I haven't seen any egalitarian posts talking about lgbt. So I think even most of the complainers still are conservative.

egalitarian is not another word for traditional. egalitarian may opposes feminism but when some feminist say that the worlds problems can be solved by killing off 90% of men there needs to be opposition.

Oh, those people are crazy! They just use feminism as an outlet for their own personal nonsense... it's a shame someone wrote about that though. I think it was a hashtag last year? It was ridiculous.

• There's probably 70-80% liberal people here. Young people in general tend to be liberal. Maybe they tend to just be the most vocal.

• Conservatives own many media. Many people never get to know what politics are really about.

• Conservatives are just more vocal. I'd doubt there are more conservatives. Conservative narrative depends on they are being victimized or evil liberals, hence they are vocal. Ask a new question with poll if they are conservative, liberal etc, and you'll see. I'll bet there are more liberals.

• Ill assume you mistook conservatism with ignorance. Usually older people are more conservative but younger people are incredibly ignorant, especially on the internet where there are no consequences and they can be whatever they like...

You mean naivety about the world?

But why do you think only teens are ignorant? I don't know a single adult including the older ones, who isn't really naive in some areas. And they need other people's help to learn.

Because we are, after all, at a teen/adolescent website. You said most of the people here being conservative, and since 4/5 of people here are in their teen years or low twenties, I responded with an according age group. There will always be extremes, in this case people above 30.

• I think there's a lot of trolls but I'd say most people are moderate/ slightly liberal.

• I'm not conservative lol and there is plenty like me on here

• Is Veganism a conservative idea?

• I don't think it is more of them. They are just the loudest

• There's not. GAG is mostly liberal it's just the conservatives vent more often because they get disagreed with so much on here.

What Girls Said 8

• Disagree. There are plenty more liberals here; conservatives are totally outnumbered. Liberalism tends to be idealistic younger folks, which, of course, this site is made of in the majority.

And I have to laugh that people can't even try to respond without being hateful. There isn't even a "topic" of debate, yet people come out of the woodwork to bash conservatives, totally unprovoked. Liberalism truly is the path to peace, love and understanding as proven by some of these replies.

• I think you just hear about the conservatives more because they're the only ones discussing the subject. Other people won't go asking questions about their non-conservatism. But seeing how often the subjects of sex before marriage comes up, and the average attitude you see in questions & answers that don't deal with conservatism, I'd say this site is actually pretty liberal :p

• It's their right to follow what ever they want politically.
    Really stupid question, op.

• what gives? to each their own.

• Cause we're awesome? ;)

• Why not? And how do you define conservative and non-conservative?

• You serious? Its pretty liberal on here.

• Well im not... hmm maybe i am... judging from my name.. but im not hahahaha