Why do some close their question so soon?

Should GAG even have such an option as closing questions being the nature of this site?

Most Helpful Guy

• Seriously I 100% agree with you on this :)

I log in sometimes after a whole week and I find questions I want to really answer already closed :(

But guess this feature has been enabled because it's the asker's prerogative to choose how much and till when they want to hear from answerers :)

Most Helpful Girl

What Guys Said 12

• Because it automatically closes after you select MH or their is no new opinions on your question after a certain amount of time. Where have you been, closing of questions have been this way for a while now.

• Some do that so they can hurry and ask something else. I think the limit on open questions is 3 , at least it is for me

• Mine generally close after 4 to 5 days. I think it also depends on if the question still gets new opinions.
    Once that stops, I think it soon gets closed.
    I must say it doesn't really bother me, since after 2 or 3 days without new opinions generally nothing more will come :o

• I've been opposed to closing questions since day 1. they need to get rid of this

• because I'm limited to 3 questions and I have other questions I want to ask

• Yea it was better before when there was a limit of how many questions a day.

• Agreed
    + GAG does what it wants when wandering through "good ideas" baked by those of staff new to operating an oven and doesn't like criticism, only praise - their goal has always been ad money

• Gag closes it.

• Well sometimes I don't want to wait 3 days for some more people to possibly answer my question or not and I want to ask another question.

• Remove the question limit first, GAG

• Cause they want to ask more questions. I don't close them too soon, I wait a little bit. I want more people to give opinions. Oh yeah, I'm afraid people will be so annoyed if I keep asking too many questions everyday.

• I hete that! They should just leave them open. I'm pretty sure no one here likes it

• to ask the same question again, or to ask another one.

What Girls Said 7

• I agree with you

• bc people close it!

• Were you on a break and just came back?

• Maybe they got the responses they wanted and do not care to get any more.

• Well you can't for 24 hours. I do it after that so I can ask new questions or because I don't want more responses

• They probably want to ask new questions, so they close them.

• I close when I feel I've gotten enough answers, or a wide variety of answers.