Do you think it's fair that GAG takes away Xper points for not visiting their site?

20 for a week
50 for a month
100 for 3 months

• No, that's not cool they shouldn't do that
  • Eh it's fine with me

Most Helpful Girl

• They want to give you incentive or reason to keep coming to the site and for it to get as much traffic as possible, so... it makes sense.

• The community and the discussion used to keep people coming back just fine before they started this and all the ridiculous ads

• Lol the irony here is your name is EmpatheticLady

• I mean, I know they're terrible, hah. That's why I had Adblock before I got to 7 Xper.

Most Helpful Guy

• Its unfair. Xper is ridiculously slow to accumulate and the "prizes" cost a lot. The least they can do is not take away your points.

What Girls Said 6

• You know I used to care long time ago when this site wasn't so into "making money" its kind of pathetic to me. The whole point of this site is to help others while they help you, the prizes and Xper points are just a bonus. I just dont pay attention to that anymore.

But I think its pretty fair to me.. they want to earn their money just like you do.

• That's business for you. They get cash for you being on here, you get points for being on here. You take away from their income, they do the same to you.

• They are already making crazy amount of money from all the ads users are bombarded with. I am talking about intrusive ads that play videos in the background and eat up all your data, sex ads, product placement. The user experience is completely broken just for the sake of making money. Seems like they are getting more from us that we from them. How is this a fair business?

• I'm level 9 but I keep a level 2 account I don't use to see how they're treating everyone else ever since they started the whole no ads over 7 thing

• I've never had ads on this account because they didn't do ads when I started.

• Well if you're not getting on then it shouldn't matter / affect you very much, yea?

• Many things on gag are not fare. This is one of them.
    But I'm not surprised.

• I think I am trapped here! Damn the addiction!
    Anyway, I don't mind it.

• Yeah its fair, its keeps you coming back...

• No the community keeps me coming back. This is just annoying

What Guys Said 9

• It is. You gain xper points if you're active. If you're not active it's fair to lose them. They don't take much anyway.

• You're a guru with over 20,000 Xper. Most of this doesn't even effect you. You really have nothing left to gain from accumulating points. Most people are just trying to get to level 7 so they aren't bombarded with ads anymore and 100 points to those people is a big deal

• Yeah, it's true, it doesn't affect me at all. However, a person who really wants to get xper points won't be a week without visiting the site, not in normal situations.

• That's why I can't leave yes. They've kept me on this site for 6 years with that tactic.

• I don't care about that at all. It's such a little amount, that it's practically nonexistent.

• You're a guru. Which means you've got over 20,000 points most people on this site don't even have half of that. I was here for 5 years before I had half of that.

• They stopped letting you do donations too! WTF

• Yup, sitting on almost 14k Xper to spend, and nothing to spend it on.

• Really? I didn't know that! Not cool, G@G, not cool :(

• I'm on here everyday so it's fine with me

• 100 for three months is almost nothing

• Goddamn Capitalism at its worst is what that is!

Bernie will fix it.

• I don't care tbh

• They've always been shite with things like that, I remember a bunch of people leaving when the amazon giftcard took a stupid amount of xper to obtain.

• Yeah I'm thinking about leaving for the same reason