Why do guys here think they know all about what women want?

So a lot of guys on this site think they know what women want better than women know it themselves, but it's really the opposite. The majority of the guys here are clueless when it comes to women. It really seems like they haven't ever spoken to a woman outside the internet.

• They live in their bedrooms
  • They like giving other men false advice
  • Other/See results

Most Helpful Guy

Most Helpful Girl

• Well, I think GaG has a very diverse collection of men. Some are hands down awesome guys that are hopefully going to hit the jack pot in the dating world and in real life. Others have little experience and try to navigate the what ifs in whichever way seems best. Then we have those bitter woman hating guys, quite a lot, who swarm GaG with terrible 'opinions' and I can only hope they are trolling.

Really diverse group.

What Guys Said 31

• Its because women often lie about what they want, because they are afraid of being judged. If we grow up around women that keep saying "I don't care about looks or money. I just want a nice guy that treats me right." Yet their dating history doesn't reflect that to be true, then clearly we can not take their advice seriously. The politically correct answer about what a woman wants does not reflect reality.

I am not saying women are more shallow than men, or bashing women in any way. I am saying men need to know what women are actually attracted to, so he knows what traits to develop. Yet currently women are afraid of being shamed for being honest. They could get called sluts, if they admit they care about looks, they get called gold diggers if they admit to caring about his job. The only thing women can say, is that they want a "nice guy". Hence why there are so many nice guys, that haven't worked on developing any other traits, and don't understand why women don't want them. This means, that often the advice from man about women, will be better than the advice from a woman about women.

• Yeah it definitely makes a lot of sense. Women do get judged a lot for that. But what women describe on this site seems to be pretty accurate in my opinion. I've still seen guys accuse them for lying. It's also happened to me a bunch of times.

• Well there are also different types of women. If you want a relationship, it doesn't mean all the other women claiming they want a relationship are telling the truth. A lot of them just want to party and sleep around, without people thinking she is a slut.

Some of these women pick real shitty guys, so she has a reason to dump the guy after she has used him for sex. I have actually seen women freak out when she learned her bad boy, was actually a good man with a rough exterior. You could see the fear and desperation on them as they tried coming up with an excuse to end the relationship. A lot of men also misread this sort of thing, and generalize that all women must want assholes.

There are a lot of different types of women, and I personally think there needs to be more attention give to types, as oppose to just what the other gender wants in general. However basic advice such as working to improve yourself, should still be common.

• Hmm... That might be true. Interesting

• Its not like i don't know what women want...
    its not like i haven't spoken to women outside the internet...
    Its not like i wasn't raised around a ton of women...
    its not like i don't know what women look for...
    its not like i don't know women like and dislike...

... its just that...
    ... i just don't give a fuck... 😎
    I dont conform to all the "rules", "roles", and "expectations" which were made up by women anyway for men to follow. Im a being, not a puppet.
    Women always say "why can't you just accept me the way i am"... I say the same thing right back Every Time. Im this way, if she doesn't like it, she can walk.

• I think that's a good attitude to have :)

• It changes... just saying i don't give a fuck means i don't perform those rules and crap on cue or when expected... like when people say "shouldn't kiss until the end of the date or second date"... screw em.. i can do it after "Hi" or 2 months later.
      I act decent at all times until someone tries to shove one of those things in my face... then i apply "not giving a fuck"..

• Because women don't want them, so they make up some garbage about it being money/looks/height/players - when in actual fact it's their defeatist attitude and crap personality. Oh it can never be something wrong with THEM, it has to be an external influence they somehow have no control of.

• I usually talk from experience, and I have plenty for being a 20 y/o, given that I started earlier than most guys. So far I've been pretty accurate, and in real life it shows cause results don't lie.

But you're right, many guys here know nothing about girls, but they still talk as if they know all.
    I wouldn't take anons seriously, since they tend to just be trolling, but others simply believe they know, and others just say what they've heard others say.

• @ConsultantIsBack I wanna hear your opinion to this question xD

• Honestly I skipped right over this question because it totally seems like a setup from another low social status pink anon hater lol

I appreciate your mention tho :)

Remember when gag used to be a community where people that had dating experience like you and I would genuinely help others. Now, its a shitshow of aspergers. I wonder if the culture will turn around or not.

• @ConsultantIsBack sorry if you feel that way, but I'm genuinely curious. The reason I went anon is because I felt I might come across as rude, but that wasn't my intention

• I personally find women so easy to read. I have had many women say to me how amazed they are how easy I can read women's minds. It has just always been something that is so easy for me.

• when it comes to attraction, men must always take men's advice. The rules are different for the genders and when a woman gives her advice it's from her perspective which is different from a guys perspective. So it won't work. A successful guy has to give advice to males.

Then the other thing. What women (and men) say and what they do are two different things. So women can say they don't like gold digging for example, but you see all these rich old dudes with hot babes. So yeah, again, sometimes a woman doesn't know how it works from a male perspective.

But this is just for attraction/relationship advice.

• Your first point makes you sound foolish. Girls editor know better what they're attracted to drive they choose men.

As for your second point, I have yet to see that. I only hear dudes talk about it.

• Point a) I don't even understand your reply except for the "I sound foolish" part. So let me put you to the sword: "what attracts women then?"

B) I can give you more than enough evidence to show you women go for rich dudes. Again, you are falling into the very trap I speak of.

• I've heard this compared to fishermen not asking the fish for advice...

(Though that makes it sound like women are losing out by being caught...)

• wow that´s very insulting and generalizing. i feel offended and i strongly disagree with your implicated claims.

1. most guys come here to learn about women, therefore claiming that they know about them is very questionable.

2. there are stereotypes and things lots of people know. especially when it comes to sexual stuff, women tend to be less informed, cause most of them fear the "slut" stigma. therefore a guy could know a lot about girls, simply cause he cares tries to gather knowledge.

3. "men on here are clueless" no we aren´t. women are just humans so we can of course know how you feel. and in case we don´t, we come here and ask.

oh yeah and assuming that most guy on here never talks to women outside of the internet is like me assuming every girl on here is a crazy cat lady and never had to deal with men in their life... isn´t exactly nice, is it?

• I guess I might be generalizing, but I often do see guys do that here. And I was just talking about the guys on this site. I also didn't say that they have no experience outside. I just said that it SEEMS that way.

I've heard a lot of guys say with certainty what girls look for, even though most girls say the opposite. They then accuse the girls of lying.

• i mean there are just douchebag wannabe alpha idiots on here that talk shit all day xD don´t listen to them. you just have to sift through the morons :D that´s a valuable skill for the use of the whole internet by the way. most stuff you find is utter bullshit.

i think it might be kind of a Dunning-Kruger-Effekt. it means the less you know and the less "intelligent" you are, the higher you evaluate your own knowledge. the more intelligent you are and the more you know, the more you are aware of stuff you don´t know, which makes you humble and therefore you evaluate your own knowledge to be lower.

i personally think i know a thing or two about women but i would never claim to understand everything.

• If you had a women's health problem, would you rather visit a male gynaecologist or a female non-gynaecologist?

• Well... When you're attracted to someone, you'd rather know who they're attracted to. To make sure you know what that person is attracted to.

• Because like you implied, some men do in fact know better.

Women are creatures of habit. And although no two are alike, you'll often find that after analysing their behaviour they display common attributes and qualities and even similarities in behaviour.

They are complicated, but not necessarily unpredictable.

• All women want is a guy with money, height, muscles and a big cock!

• Perhaps they do, perhaps they don't. There's lots of different personalities on the internet. ^.^

• women aren't that hard to understand. I'd hope more guys were aware of the general things that they wanted

• Lmao this shit filled with 98% sexually frustrated nerds obsessed with their tiny pee pees, not suprised

• because women like what you tell them to like.

• I have been married over 20 years so I hope I don't totally fit in to your results

• Probably not, but I haven't seen you around

• As a guy, I'm not really concerned about what women want. I might be concerned about what a particular woman wants, but women, not might concern.

• For the same reason we don't read manuals or ask for directions. We are infallible.

• Some do and some don't

• Um a women Are easy to read.

• They say that because they know everything they want women to want.

• great movie

• I'd wager a bet on B.

• true... it's pathetic.

• this poster obviously lacks intelligence

• Just having actually experienced...

• Because women always say they want something then go after the complete opposite or how they don't care about something like money when they clearly do. After a while you just stop taking what they say for granted and judge by their actions.

• Except I rarely see that happen. I've seen men do it just as much

• Sure some of them lie, but men are more honest and direct about what they want.

• That I agree with

• Seems to be only a couple guys on here who actually do know what they are talking about.

• "It really seems like they haven't ever spoken to a woman outside the internet."

I didn't know they existed elsewhere...

• because women lie about what they want or dont know what they want. this forces guys to go off observation. she says she wants a good man but she's only been dating assholes.

• Well I've heard guys say that a lot but never seen that happen

• pathetic, since you lost the argument you try to act like i was off topic, that confirms your low level of intelligence, either that or its you who cannot read.

• @bones90 Oh I lost the argument now, smh... Go read everything again. What you said was completely unrelated to what I had said earlier

• Most of the comments I see here from guys about what women want are an overreaction to what they were told women wanted growing up, or what most women say they want.

If you took 30% what women say, mixed with 70% what the average guy here says, you'd probably be in the right neighborhood.

• More from Guys
    1

What Girls Said 8

• That's true because if women don't tell them what they want. How could any man ever know what she and any other woman want?

• They think their bitter and generalized worldview is somehow absolute truth.

• But what most girls here describe seems to be pretty accurate even in the real world.

• They don't care. They think you're lying when you're telling the truth. Cognitive dissonance.

• yeah Ikr so annoying, so many guys here are dumb as fuck thinking that all women are the same. Just ignore it, most of them are trolls anyways

• It's about the same for the women on here as well.

• But what I've seen women say here actually seems to be pretty accurate in real life

• Except I'm not even talking about hate here. Or about attacking each other... Have you actually seen women accuse men of lying about their preferences? That's what I was talking about this entire time. I haven't seen that even once

• I said that every single response I've written to you. YES. I've seen women accuse men of lying about what they like for example. Men will say they like a girl who doesn't wear makeup and women will call them liars and say yes they do they just like when it looks "natural" or some shit. Literally every response that has been written I've told you I have personally seen women accuse men of being liars. Every thing you've said about the men here the same EXACT thing can be said about the women, to top it off I've seen it all come from more women than men on here. The girls of gag are the queens of being crazy and doing everything you've described in your question details.

• to be honest, I don't know what I want too lolz

• The guys who are confused on here tend to be "all or nothing" thinkers and have no perspective.

So they can't figure out that women are different, that women (and men) on the Internet tend to be a specific subtype, and that there's no cheat code for life that works by memorization.

• They just like to force their opinions on others

• They've got their heads so far up their own arses that they've learned to like the smell of their own bullshit.

• That and they believe other men who do the same

• Bloody idiots. The blind leading the blind off a cliff and into the abyss.

• This is probably the funniest comment ever