Do you like that girlsaskguys closes questions now?

I dislike it, I feel that a question shouldn't have to be new for you to be able to answer it. Even questions that are 3 years old can still be relevant and interesting to answer. Who else agrees that they should stop closing questions?

Most Helpful Guy

• I feel like they overreacted.

Its like they got all excited that they finally realized people don't want to answer 2 year old questions, and the 'point' of the site is more live questions that have ongoing conversations.

But I also think they close them off a little fast.

Most Helpful Girl

• I agree! Even questions that were asked like 3 days ago gets closed. Whyyyyyy? I think it should be left open.

What Guys Said 18

• I'll be honest, NOBODY likes that the questions close! Even me, and I am very open to most of the changes GaG has made.

The reason the GaG admins say they close questions, is to make sure that new questions get the recognition on the website, vs a week-old question. Supposedly there was a problem with unanswered questions in the past before this "closing of questions" change was made.

by the way, the question-open phase used to be only 48 hours, so at least there was SOME sort of shift to what the people want.

• Nope.

At the very least, you should be able to select an MHO without being forced to close the question. This just means people are inclined not to bother with MHO because they want to give other people the opportunity to answer their questions. Of course, when the question does close by itself, nobody is really organised that they go over their old closed questions to select MHO, it's ridiculous.

And closing polls is even worse. You should never close a poll in fact. Why? Because poll data becomes more accurate with a larger sample size. The more people that vote in a poll over an extended period of time, the more accurate that information will be.

• I would rather they put a search engine in place that when you type your question into the question box, it brings up similar questions that have already been posted in the past, rather than close a question.

That way the person can read the responses when it was asked before and determine if it has already been answered sufficiently.

That way it would reduce the redundancies on here.

• I agree with you on this. I think it's interesting (or at least it was) when an old question comes up on the live feed with a new answer. Some of the changes GAG made recently I like, but this one I don't.

• I agree. Closing questions is dumb. And I found gag by seeing a question that was a couple years old online. So I had to open a profile to answer.

• Barely anyone answers questions anymore unless they are useless stupid questions, so it doesn't matter

• I think it sucks.

• No, just about everyone hates it.

• annoying asf

• i dont like it when they remove what i say for being too offensive, but when girls say offensive things to me they never get removed.

• I agree with you. They ever state a reason why they close it?

• No, I don't, since it wouldn't be good.

• I think this site should be like yahoo answers open questions and u can ask up to five questions

• Hell yeah. I agree 100%

• Nah. Closing them is good

• I agree with you totally.

• who cares :D

• you mean like even making it impossible to reread them?

What Girls Said 11

• Answering a question that's 3 years old is a bit of a stretch but I agree, closing questions is a dumb feature. I've seen questions get revived every few days or so for a week or two before finally dying down. I just don't see why that would be necessary, especially if you want to boost site activity.

• I agree, I find many questions that're closed I wish to answer. Whether it be 2 days or 2 years I still want to. I usually just end up writing my opinion on the MHGirls/Guys opinion

• i agree with you on this issue

• I fucking hate it. It's so damn annoying. But no matter how much we ask for a change they won't do shit. That's what I hate about this site. They just don't listen.

• I hate it

• Yes I like it
    It gives others the opportunity to get their questions answered
    Sometimes I get notifications of new opinions that go on and on
    the way I see it someone has asked the question before or a variation of that question

• i like it, it gives an air of finality.

• It's nice if I don't want any more opinions for some reason

• Yeah i don't see any reason for it

• I agree as well. And I aslo don't like how they made it so we could ask less questions

• No, it's one of the changes I really dislike.