Why are the men on this site misogynistic assholes?

Seriously, every response I get from a man on this site when asking questions is either calling me a slut or telling me I don't respect myself? Is it because I am American and live in a country where women are free to express their sexual nature, or is it because the men on this site are so insecure that any good looking woman who sleeps with a man is a slut in their mind because no woman will sleep with them?

Seriously - y'all are on a site to offer ADVICE - keep your asshole opinions to yourselves. Go download Tinder or watch porn.

Most Helpful Guy

• Depends on what each person considers a slut. If they have a double standard that would be an example of them being misogynistic. Most likely from older values that sees men as tainting the women they are with, do to the higher risks associated with women have sex than a man. Lets face it no man has ever ended up pregnant, not knowing who the mother is. This is what lead to these older mindsets, and some people still have them, even though now women have more control over their reproductive system than they use to.

If they don't have a double standard, then you are simply on the end of the sexual spectrum that they consider slutty regardless of that persons gender. The other end of the spectrum get called prudes.

Most Helpful Girl

• omg I know right, all they do is complain how they can't get a girl or why they're alone or why girls don't look at them. don't pay attention to them, they're nothing but a bunch of losers who are stuck in their nerd years. all guys here want to bring down the ladies!

What Guys Said 52

• Well you sound like a misandrist when you generalize all men, no?

I agree there are many sexist people here, both men and women, it's the Internet, you gotta learn how to deal with them.
    I don't know what questions you've asked to get those responses, so I don't know if those answers are deserved or not. But many times on this site, you have girls acting like total bitches and then when a guy calls them out on that, they call him a misogynist.
    So unless you offer some examples, I can't tell you if those answers are uncalled for, and therefore, misogynistic, or if the answers are deserved and you're just acting like a victim.

• Ah well - the first time I said I had a crush on my manager and seemed to think that he liked me too, I asked if his actions were considered flirtatious. I was called a slut for that one.

And then my more recent one that got the real nasty responses was asking how to turn this one night stand (with said manager) into a regular hook up. That got responses about me being a whore who doesn't respect herself and stories about how I'm going to have children with no fathers, etc. Really just, uncalled for. If you don't believe in casual sex, just don't answer those questions ya know?

• deep rooted issues? Don't reach... I just live in a world where woman sexuality is very accepted and coming here to see responses like i did was very surprising..

• You're trying to make an issue of something that isn't there.
      I know there are misogynists here, but saying we all are... that's mot cool.

And you live in a society where women's sexuality isn't negative, but many people here don't live in that kind of society... Unfortunately, but you gotta keep that in mind.

• Whenever you come across such people, turn the other way. Block them, report them if you will, but don't feed their troll stroll. Just don't let them get under your skin.

• Just annoyed cause I use to get good advice from people here, and now dudes aren't cool anymore.

• Yeah I've noticed a few new lower level guys who're literally here to bash and engage people. One of them even blocked me when he couldn't accept the truth.

• Phrasing your question right is crucial. If you come across as an angry, embittered misandrist, you will put people on the defensive. However, if you word the same question in a more diplomatic, open way, people will be more receptive and likely to give you useful to advice.

• you got told off by 2 guys.

there have been worse days, don't let it sap your sleep

• not killing my day, but damn like... I use to use this site a few years ago and they weren't all like this. I actually got legit advice.

• i noticed. i saw your questions from like 2 years ago. i used to give better advice back then, was more polite to everyone, etc.

now it's alright these days. maybe they're just peanut butter and jealous cause they're not fucking you? lol

• There's a lot of assholes on this site, male and female. I always knew there were some but never really had any run-ins with any (until recently) cuz I just ignore them usually. I did find out exactly what you mean though. Wow, talk about jumping down someone's throat. I didn't even see it coming or think I had anyone that watched me that close lol. Learning how to deal with that type of person is one of the shitty things we all have to do. I'll probably have my ass chewed again for this post lol. Oh well, I've had it chewed before and ill have it chewed again, big deal.

• its because a lot of guys on here are bitter. do they really seem like kind of guys that have lots of success with girls out in the real world

• I'm the nicest guy on here. There are plenty of other nice guys on this site. a lot of the guys here are bitter about not being able to pick up girls so that explains why they're misgyonistic assholes.

• Lol fuck the haters. Get that good Dick OP.

• a lot of guys feel threatened by strong women...

• I only answer questions that either interest me, or that I feel I can give honest helpful advice for. I am here to answer questions, to promote a political agenda, and hopefully help someone. I'm sorry that others have been rude.

• Why do the women on this site jump to conclusions that all men are scum because of one or two bad experiences?

• chill out. not all men. just the ones i had encountered on here so far.

• What meaning am we supposed to take from "the men on this site" apart from "all men on this site"?

• Lol well you know us men we're just out to get you, you sound like a misandrist also you do know what misogynistic actually means right?

• It's luck the draw depending on when you ask the question tbh. There are a few guys who will give out advice to a legit question. Although if you asked a troll-themed question (not saying you did), you're probably going to get called out and judged on it.

• We're here to express our opinions on any particular post. There's a big question over the comment box saying "Have an opinion?".
    Negative or positive feedback is subjective what we honestly say can be taken as negative criticism by you, and positive feedback could be us being too nice to be honest.

If you find yourself recieiving a lot of negative feedback and are not liking it perhaps it is time ro start asking yourself the big question which is "Is this a question I can answer on my own?".

• I understand where you are coming from. I use to use this site a lot and got a lot of good advice. I started using it again recently and nearly every male response I've gotten was just... unnecessarily rude.

• I hooked up with a guy I like... and am trying to figure out the best way to let him know that I would like this to be a regular thing between us. Not trying to make him my boyfriend or anything, I enjoy his company and the sex is good. But I'm also a little worried about him not being interested - I think everyone has a fear of rejection.

• If I were you I'd just ask him if he wants to do this more often or regularly no strings attached. Be straight forward. Usually guys would love for a girl to ask this kind of thing to them. The fear of rejection is there but it really is relatively low.

Best of luck to you both.

• if your coming across so many assholes, your the asshole.

• literally called a whore for saying I had a crush on my manager... i mean no, some of these guys are just misogynistic dicks.

• eh it wasn't one. it was 4 different dudes on the last 3 questions I've asked.. I snapped clearly, but hey... i'm finding cooler guys now. Good to know there's some out there... not answering my questions. lol

• Because most woman have I'm right mentality. You guys like my point matters all the time and I'm usually right . and a lot of u guys have a entitlement engrained in your personality.

You guys be like
    I'm a minority its my time to shine so shut up.

Oh your a man you'll be fine.

No no no he's wrong because he's a man.

I should he able to dress how I want with out being judge but you can give me compliments.

Oh your opinion doesn't aline with mines oh u can shut the fuck up cause you don't know what its like to be a woman. I'm emotional and motherly and right.

Stop trying to control me blah blah blah blah blah blah blah.

It usually the younger girls 14-24 there coming into there own so it makes sense. that they think that way.

• Also are u a slut because slut by definition is
      a woman who has many casual sexual partners.

If u fit this criteria then cool.
      I hate transgenders I'm a bigot I fit that criteria stop trying to act like ur above it all.

• Sleeping with your manager was a seriously bad idea. You created conflicts of interest at your workplace, and that affects everyone there. The people on GAG are saying only what many of your co-workers are thinking or, if they knew, would think.

• If you want a pat on the back, talk to men in real life. Most men in real life are too pussy to risk offending women.

• Says the woman who thinks ALL men are misogynistic assholes?
    I call hypocrite...
    Not to mention that a few bad responses on the internet by complete strangers riled you up enough to make a rant rhethorical question...

Before you call me an ass too, just remember, I'm right.

• ahhh you misunderstood me though. I didn't say ALL men... just all the men on this site. Clearly an exaggeration... excuse me for using literary techniques to emphasize my frustration. And my god it;s a site where people come to talk about their crushes... so excuse me for ranting, but, as you are trying to point out yourself, it ain't that deep.

• Rants on this site are a waste of energy...
      And dont worry, I understood you, I just pointed out the false accusations directed towards males on the site, including me...

I hope youve calmed down now and stopped with "all men are pigs" shennanigans...

• Wow what a slut am I right

• Why are women attention whores and any man that doesn't validate their poor life choices called basement dwelling scum that can't get laid? Keep your opinions to yourself and ride the cock carousel till your blown out vagina looks like a wizard sleeve.

• well that's a broad and harsh statement :/ this is the internet, billions of people with no responsibility for what they say. your bound to get a lot of shitty people.
    you come to the internet for advice and at some point someone is going to say something appalling to you, its a fact of the internet.
    you have to look past most of these comments.
    learn to accept the well written and constructive comments and ignore the ones that start with a slur.
    take it easy,
    JJ

• What with the word "misogynistic" getting 20 different new meanings everyday around here, it's real hard to take claims like this seriously.

• cos they're from arabia and they hate women there..

• I just hate the causal attitude towards sex and dating.

If anything I'm more critical of men than women.

• Ok,
    1. That's extremely hypocritical to say every member of a specific gender is sexist, is sexist and it makes you a misandrist.

2. While true that a lot of men are assholes, that doesn't make all 3 Billion+ men assholes

• why are girls on this site generalizing misandrists?

• I couldn't tell you, all I know is I'm not an asshole.

• As an American hetero male & w/out any kissassiness (word) I applaud your opinion, sexual nature, & willingness to voice it. Furthermore believe this world will be a much better place when more women like yourself have their voices heard w/out ridicule. Thus, I apologize for my kind's tendency to ridicule, make fun of, & generally "troll", that which we don't understand & fear.

• When you ask a question, just don't accept male answers

• I may just get to that point sadly. I mean, sometimes I want a male opinion on the situation, but someone level headed ya know?

• There's a lot of male trolls here, that's for sure.

• It's not just the guys. The place is being overrun by female social justice warriors too.

• If you're expecting people on the internet to be intelligent, well-educated and reasonable, you should find a different way to spend your time.

• More from Guys
    22

2 private opinion(s)
Only the asker and the opinion owner can see it. Learn more

What Girls Said 20

• Welcome to gag! Fun isn't it

• It's become cool to bash Americans just because America has the power to tell other countries to jump, and they have to jump when we tell them and we get to tell other countries how many times they have to jump ☺

Most guys on gag are bitter because they can't get women or hate women because a few did them wrong so in their head they feel they are jusified

• Just ignore them, they won't have any power over you if you don't let them.

• Lol Let them to do this. That's really all that's left for them to do now. They whine and call us names cause it's as far as they can get.

• Because they are assholes. Not all of them but a good percentage of them are. I think some of them are jealous because some of use can actually have a sex life. Lol

• what use is this site if I can't get a normal guy to answer a sincere question?

• That's just not true, as anyone who has ever been in a mixed-sex school or a mixed-sex workplace can attest.

If a man gets sex, it's an achievement. If a woman gets sex, it's not. As you agree, a woman can get sex easily.

• @evenlift i don't get what you don't agree with?

• There's an alarming number of basement dwelling MGTOWs here. Pay them no mind.

• Because they're angry women like you will sleep with other guys, but never them.

• Yeah truth is most of them are just bitter bc they can't get laid lol poor nerds..

• Preach girl. I know not every guy on this site is an asshole, but there's just enough to make me wish I had the power to throw this site into a black hole.

• No offense admins. I once made a my take about why I prefer the nice guy over the stereotypical bad boy. I had some guys say I give them hope which is awesome but I was also called a lying, shallow whore and made that my take in an attempt to seem less narrow minded. I almost left this site because of that comment. Again, it's not every guy but just enough to make me wish I had the willpower to quit this site.

• Alright, I have toned down on the sarcasm. *insert in my best sarcastic voice of course* obviously I don't want everybody to agree with me you should question everything because that's how you mentally grow. But if a guy on this site, calls me a shallow whore because my preferences are different than the average girl, than I am going to block him. Ironically I am a virgin. I even tried him to reason with him and he further insulted me. Now I realize if anyone calls me something out of line for no reason, than I will tell them they are not the first to hate me. They can get in line and take a number, I will be seeing them never. If you think otherwise, you can shove it. Insert a forced smile.

• Lmao this will be good

• Some people have nothing better to do with their lives but shame women for not planning ahead and being a man instead. Neckbeards. Ignore and move on, honey.

• Overlook them, probably mad at you if you rejected them and they couldn't get into your pants lol

• It's a site for opinions. You're pretty much asking for this. Maybe phrase your questions better to eliminate more of the more abrasive opinions?

• no. its because they're bitter.

• Cos no pussies are raining on their parade. No sympathy there.

• Ignore them, they just like making their deick feel bigger.

• I've never had a problem.. what was the post?

• 😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂

• I dont know whats going on but when you go on a website and ask advice from strangers be prepared for all sorts of answers not only the ones that you want to hear. Have you though that is you that doesn't like the truth?

• This is the problem that many young women, especially those who are at least somewhat good looking, have. They're just not used to being contradicted or criticized by men in real life. Every man they meet is, basically, a 'yes' man. So, when they come on the Internet, where men have little or nothing to gain or to lose vis-a-vis these women, these men say what they really think, and often it is negative, and that enrages these women.

• @evenlift well living in a bubble and get upset if someone says something you dont like is immaturity more than anything else.

• gag girls and guys