Why do women put fake pictures up on their profiles here?

Like does it give them a confidence boost knowing a guy talks to them? I don't get it. I know some women on here are actually genuine which is good but a lot of them with profile pictures are fake. What do people get out of this? It's pointless.
Also, before you hate this has happened quite a lot in the how do i look section and actually on some profiles.

Most Helpful Girl

Most Helpful Guy

• if they claim that it's them when it's not then I don't know why.

if its just some picture that's obvious, well its just for fun.

like mine

• Yeah I'm talking about claiming it's them lol

• No that is definitely bert macklin fbi... I've seen him on the tv before... its him... try not to blow his cover

What Girls Said 10

• Why? Because this is an anonymous site. And it's not some dating site where everyone has pictures of themselves.
    As far as using fake pictures for "how do I look" questions, they're just trolls.

• I couldn't tell you man, I couldn't tell you.

• Man, I dunno why I use this girl's photo. She's really weird.

• Hey hey hey, I'm a damn kitty and I'm proud to be one lol. It's just a website, it could be for a lot of reasons - confidence booster, for the hell of it, etc etc

• what? this is so me in the picture :p

• My picture is real. I really am an offensive mug. Pleasure to meet you

• Same reason guys do. To get more attention lol

• Yeah, but what's the point? it's not going to achieve anything in their actual life.

• Probably because they think they will never get as much attention using their real pics so they wanna use a more attractive persons pics to get people interested in talking to them. Lol I watch a lot of catfish haha

• True, good point and I watched like 1 or 2 episodes. I've watched the movie though lol.

• It's supposed to be anonymous. I just used one of my favorite pic.

• I'm talking about claiming it's them and yeah pictures like yours i can understand.

• I don't know why people do that. Why steal some ones pictures. There probably insecure about there looks

• Well i think the reason most people dont use their real picture is in order to protect their identity. Its not about being fake or getting guys, its just about not wanting a real picture of yourself up on a website like this

• They actually say its them though lol

• It's not just girls, guys do that too. But i'd still say a good number of people on jere with their profile pictures up aren't catfishes.

• Yeah some guys do too but i mostly see girls do it that's why i made this post.

What Guys Said 9

• I've wondered this too. like what's in it for a catfish to spend time on that, some really deranged people out there

• If I should give a logic reason, perhaps it's desperate people seeking to boost their self worth by any means they can think of?

• Anyone gets a confidence boost when someone talks to them. And putting fake pictures is just a weapon to use in order to achieve a goal. That's about it.

• Because they think they're not pretty enough to just use their own. Or, they think people will come after them if they have their real pic.

• Yes.

• I don't know either. Look at my profile pic, that's the real me.

• Cause they can and its not a dating site so they can present themselves here however way they want. Maybe they just want to look at a beautiful person each time they log in.

• No they claim its actually them

• Well they're just catfishes. How can you tell whether they're lying or not?

• search the url of the image and you can see where the photo is from.

• Because they sometimes don't see what we see

• They can't see that they put a picture of a stranger up?

• They don't see how beautiful they are and end up doing stuff like this

• I am actaully a snorlax

And this is a forum not a website like faceboon or twitter so who cares?