Do you think you get better quality answers when you don't allow anonymous responses?

0|0
12|8

Most Helpful Guy

• Yes. I haven't allowed anons in months. I don't like people that don't stand behind their opinions.
    If you don't wanna show your name/face when you state your opinion, I don't want your opinion.

1|1
    0|0

Most Helpful Girl

• nope, i can get shitty answers from non anons, and insightful stuff from anons. depends on the answerer behind the screen, not the username or lack thereof.

1|0
    0|0

What Guys Said 7

• Nope, I dont think so. Anonymity allows people to write what they want to without havnig their opinion being judged by their account / history. The statement they make - for better or worse - will be solely judged by the statement and nothing else. Except the gender.

This means that some anonym answers will be aweful, but also some anonym answers that will be good for the sake of them being genuine and honest.

1|0
    0|0
  • People tend to be more honest when anonymous. I like to see unconventional answers even when they try being rude. I often find it quite refreshing actually.

3|0
    0|0
  • I don't know about that but I no longer allow Anon

1|0
    0|0
  • I always allow anon just because I always get mad giggles when pink anons get all try and attack me and insult me.. they mad because I pissed them off or rated them low on the how do I look section.

1|0
    0|0
  • Depends on the questions.

1|0
    0|0
  • i dont know but, if they dont allow anon answers, i go private with my answer

1|0
    0|0
  • you never get the honest answer.

1|0
    0|0

What Girls Said 11

• I don't think it affects quality so much as limits lame trolling.

2|0
    0|0
  • I just don't allow it since people think its okay to be rude.

2|0
    0|0
  • Nah, not always. I don't ask a ton of questions or serious ones at that, though, so maybe that's why it doesn't bother me.

1|0
    0|0
  • It depends.

I personally don't allow anonymous comments when I have something to ask.

It's better, actually.

1|0
    0|0
  • I just don't allow anonymous responses because I think people use them to be assholes, even if they have a point in what they're saying. I just flat out don't allow it anymore on any of my questions or myTakes.

1|0
    0|0
  • Some of the anonymous responses are very insightful.

2|0
    0|0
  • It depends what your asking, if its to do with sex. Some won't give a true answer unless they are anonymous.

1|0
    0|0
  • I've noticed that there are fewer racist answers when questions don't allow anonymous answers, so yes.

1|0
    0|0
  • Yes I seem to get better replies when I don't allow anonymous responses

1|0
    0|0
  • yes it does, but i like to report anonymous responses too lol

1|0
    0|0
  • Some people use anonymous responses because they feel more comfortable saying how they truly feel. This can lead to better quality answers but can also lead to more trolls. Also, staying anonymous prevents people from messaging you. This is a plus for antisocial people like me who just like to write my opinion and leave it at that.

It also depends on the question being asked. If a question is about sex, it's better to leave the anonymous option on because I know I sure as hell won't leave details about my sex life without being anonymous.

1|1
    0|0