So apparently you can write Mytakes that don't allow people to post opinions?

I was just doing muh GaG browsing when I come across a Mytake about influential people and apparently it said "no opinions are wanted for this mytake"

Not that I'm calling out the author or anything-because i'm not, its his work he can do whatever he wants with it- but GaG admins, what's the point of making a feature that disables opinions?

Isn't this an opinion website?

Most Helpful Girl

• Only if you ask a question. Takes are technically articles and don't always require a response. Sometimes people just want to write and enjoy what they wrote.

Most Helpful Guy

• You see on YOUTUBE too, it's their "safe space"

What Girls Said 4

• oh yeah some people just wanna write to get their message out without having people comment on it. i dunno i mean i kinda get it but i wouldn't use it. i like hearing feedback from people so i know whether or not I'm helping someone.

• Yeah, I have seen that before. It's a bit odd, but I guess that person just wants their thoughts out there without discussion.

• Not everything needs a response.

• yes it does.

• Some people just want you to read, and there are other ways to respond. If you don't like, you move on. However, the option is there because it's better to have options than no options.

• Wtf if someone posts a mytake people are obviously allowed to comment their opinions of it *sigh*

What Guys Said 0