Do you think it is appropriate for underage kids on here to be discussing and asking questions about their sexual behavior and sexual health?

I have noticed a lot of underage kids on here were discussing and asking questions about sexual behavior and sexual health... That is what shut down a couple of social media sites this year.. I was on one of those sites and there was a rumor that the FBI (Justice Dept) was investigating them... Like I said just a rumor..

Not that I'm a saint,, but these are children and I think they should not let anyone on this site under 18 if there are sexual discussions and questions going on... I'm sure this has been asked before... This place should be 18 and above...

Most Helpful Girl

• No. It weirds me out and you know there's probably some pervert who uses it as fap material. Kids/adolescents like to think that they're more grown and mature than they really are but the fact of the matter is that they're exploiting themselves. Perverts and soon to be sex offenders don't care that the teenagers or preteens feel all grown up; they're going to use whatever they share in a disgusting, exploitative manner.

Actually I see a lot of 40 to 60 year old men talking about sex to under aged girls answering their sexual behavior questions... The FBI watches this place and other sites like this... I guess they get away with it by posting anonymous...

Actually they should have a separate site for underage kids for safety sake... I'm not a prude, (you can look at some of my writings on here and they are of the adult nature), but older men are on here talking to very young kids and I just think there is something wrong when a site lets that happen... I don't come on here much because of it...

That's a great idea! Thanks for MHO. :)

Most Helpful Guy

• I don't answer questions about sexual things asked my minors.

What Girls Said 6

• Meh, you can be under 18 here and still be over the age of consent so perhaps a lot of the 'underage' users on here are perfectly legal in their countries and therefore entitled to seek advice. Anyway, I think that sexual health questions asked from under 18s are fine - I'd rather they actually got the help they needed than stress themselves out about things and it's not a subject they can easily find someone to talk to in person. Sexual behaviour may be going too far but sexual health is fine.

• Do teenagers not have sex? I say let them ask because when I was 16 I would've never in a millions years asked my mother about my vagina or anything that it did, and I for damn sure wouldn't have asked about relationships or sex. You're not going to stifle the curiosity of adolescence so withholding information is just going to give you a less informed teenager which doesn't help them or anyone.

• I think it's perfectly fine for kids to explore their sexuality. If anything it's better as they will learn more instead of going out into the world with little knowledge. Myself being 16

• They want to learn

Really how do you know some sex offender is not trying to lure them in to something bad..

• A lot of places have terrible sex ed. Learning about sexual health especially is really important. This maybe isn't the best forum but some kids really don't know where to go to ask questions about whether they're bodies are normal or whether it's okay to be attracted to who they're attracted to etc. As long as no adults are trying to initiate sexual relationships with under 18s I think it's okay to answer their questions frankly

Really you think so from older men 40 to 60?

Okay but that's the fault of the adults being inappropriate, not the kids asking questions. Predatory adults can descend on any website that kids use, is the sad truth :( . Censoring anything sexual for minors doesn't protect them, it just means they're more likely to be confused and afraid, and in fact more vulnerable to sexual abuse and grooming because they won't be able to tell the difference between healthy sexual relationships and toxic ones. Instead of censoring, both the staff and the community need to take responsibility for policing the site; and for helping vulnerable people to identify inappropriate behaviour and know what to do if that happens (eg. block and report the perpetrator)

I really think that the operator of this site could care less about the inappropriateness of adults trying to initiate sexual relationships with the underaged...

• No it shouldn't, it's best for them to be asking questions and getting honest opinions instead of just doing it. I used this site for that reason except I got kicked out because I was underage. It's kinda stupid, we want them to be safe yet we aren't allowed to give them any advice on how to be safe because it's seen as encouragement. 14 and 15 year old are having sex, they have been for a long time now, so long as they are safe and understand the consequences what is the big deal? (Remember not everyone has the same maturity level)

What Guys Said 6

• I have a right to know more about sex and sexual behavior, and I believe my age does not stand in the way of my right. No I don't care if you think it's a privilege I believe it should be more of a right, I also don't care about older men using this site as fapping material or whatever, we know the risks asking those questions brings and I personally enjoy having a large and frank community to answer such controversial questions.
    Haters, fire away!

No one is a hater it is a mater of safety... To keep the underaged away from the total perverts and sex offenders...

Quit stalling. The main question is, "what exactly can said perverts do to underage girls (on this site)"

It is time for you to be gone... You little boy are going away now...

• Maybe they need more knowledge that's why?

• Well, considering that they now have sex ed in late 4th grade (which I think is F'ed up) they are all curious now so they are going to ask. As long as they are smart enough to not be lured into meeting anyone and are like high-schoolers then it's fine. They have to learn somewhere, and obviously their parents won't talk to them since they are online unsupervised, which is totally dumb.

• Assuming they're getting good answers, knowledge isn't going to hurt them. With how bad sex ed. programmes can be (at least here in the US), it's good for them to try to learn on their own.

• where else would be better?

• I think it's fine.