How Does GaG Choose Auto-MHOs (after 30 days)?

Yeah, I've read the description in the FAQs. So is it really all automated and computer selected, and it doesn't mean shit? If so, what matters more- e. g. xper vs likes vs word count, etc.

Or is there some human (admin?) element to it?

I just wanna know the rhyme/reason behind why certain answers are granted MHO by GaG (after the asker fails to select their own most helpful answer)

Most Helpful Guy

• I guess only an editor could answer that, but here's my best guess:
    Nr of likes + asker liked
    Nr of comments
    Nr of letters

I know I get quite a few of those on deserted questions.

Most Helpful Girl

• It's stupid on gag when no one votes for mho and the gag machines have to do their work for them. By not giving out mho, it shows bad taste.

Thank you so much here, and my First MHO as an anon, I rarely Post nor Boast like this. xx

What Guys Said 5

What Girls Said 5

• It's just an algorithm based on MHO number of comments and upvotes.

• I wonder myself. I had gotten so many MHO!

• I believe admins read all the answers and choose which one best answers the question. If not it's a program roulette I guess and the system chooses.

• they shouldn't. its a stupid way of doing things. they should just leave the questions with crap answers alone

• No humans are involved in choosing auto-MHOs, an algorithm is entirely responsible for it.

Automatic MHOs are chosen per gender based on engagement: likes, replies, length, time, xper level, among other criteria.

http://www.girlsaskguys.com/faq#126