Do we need some new topics on GAG?

I know this issue had been brought up here before, but with the upcoming US presidential election, the BREXIT vote, and a number of other political subjects coming to the forefront around the world in the not too far off future, do you think GAG should add a politics topic? And if you feel other topics should be added, vote accordingly and please post your suggestions in the comments. All comments will receive a Like.

Thanks!

• No, we don't need any more topics
  • Yes, we need a politics topic
  • Yes, we need a politics topic, plus others (please explain in comments)
  • Yes, we need other others, but not politics (please explain in comments)

Most Helpful Girl

Most Helpful Guy

• it feels like half of my questions don't fit in a topic, so yes I'm generally for adding more of them

What Girls Said 8

• Society and Culture and Trending News or whatever are both topics where political discussions would fit. Why do we need another?

I was hopeful of keeping political differences out of general question topics. Rarely does any good come from it. and it would give an isolated place where contentious political debates can occur, and also a place people know to avoid if that's not their thing.

Exactly. They can go argue pointlessly in their own little area.

But we know that's not how it works.

• Up until about 3 years ago, there was a combined topic for politics and religion. But that was before they overhauled the whole layout of the website.

There's already 21 topics. I think that's enough. When I first joined the site back in the stone age (it seems that way now lol), there were a lot more topics and it was a mess. I'm glad they've consolidated some of them.

That topic must have been before my time. And I could think of a few existing closely related topics which could be combined into a general "Relationships" topic right now.

• The Society and Culture topic is the perfect location for political/government questions as societies and cultures are made up of governing bodies.

• -am I big enough?
    -the red pill

• Can we have a topic for bitter, hateful people to be bitter and hateful with each other? That'd be great lol

• "Does he/she like me?" topic so I can block it.

• A dedicated politics topic would be great because at this point I honestly don't give a shit about the American presidential election. Y'all are screwed, and I'm just glad that I never have to go there.

• Why People on Gag need a Personality?

What Guys Said 10

• Here's a new topic: let's see who can pound the most potatoes into their bum with a rubber hammer between 5 and 6 o'clock tonight!

Good question for the "Other" category, likely followed soon thereafter by being reported as nonsense. :-D

"another mans bloody rectum."

Have you tried Preparation H? :-D

Yes, in fact. The chemical interaction between the Prep H and the starch in the 'taters causes incurable anal piles.

• I think we should delete every topic except "Dating", "Guy's Behavior", and "Girl's Behavior", and add a new one called "Crushing".

Those are pretty much the only things that one gender would SPECIFICALLY need to ask the other gender about--which is, as some people like to forget--the purpose of this site.

I could see getting rid of Dating, Break Up & Divorce, Marriage & Wedding, and maybe Flirting, and combining them into Relationships, which already exists. And while the site's name is indeed Girls Ask Guys, it is sometimes more helpful to receive advice from your own gender on certain subjects.

But the topics I deleted don't really need the opposite gender OR the same gender.

True, but some people like to limit responses to questions to only a certain gender. I'm still questioning the value of that "feature".

• I think current politics is covered in Trending and Political ideas can be discussed in society & culture. I not a fan of too many topics because I like reading the topics rather than the live feed itself.

I just fear this site is going to turn even more ugly as we near the US November elections.

I know how to get my information from outside sources for the purposes of making an informed decision. My concern was specifically about this site. I don't come here to become informed about elections. I come here sometimes to get away from hearing all of that crap.

Yes if your wish is to block certain subjects rather than topics more specific topics would help. I suppose just keep in a skimming mode until you feel you reach a question you want to get your teeth into. I would not be interested in about 80% of the posts here so I don't tune in until a question interests me.

• Who cares about politics, its rigged anyways, we need new fresh takes and questions. Politics this gays that transvestites this, im not bashing im just saying we need something that hasn't been beaten to death by media and news and here, something happy or fun.

• A politics topic wouldn't be a bad idea in my opinion.

• Sports
    Travel

Those are the only 2 that I think need to be added

Those are good ideas, especially travel. (I like sports, too, but it doesn't seem as... questionful as something like travel.)

But this place is more about people's relationships, not Sports. There's LOADS of places to discuss sports.

@Hannah591 that makes no sense. There are 9 sections dedicated to relationships, yet there is no specific 1 for sports and you claim that there are too many to create 1 single section for those of us who wanna talk specifically sports without having it be muddled with questions of other subjects like gaming or TV or movies? Child please!!! 😂😂😂 Da fuck outta here with that weak sauce 😂😂😂

• Humor and Satire (So people know without getting offended)

• I voted C. Politics and religion would be a great topic.

• Sports, Future, and Sport Cars/Street Bikes

They're barely spoken of here and this place is more about relationships, than those subjects. You could put those in the Other section.

• Yes have you been hacked
    have you been stalked
    have they intruded your home
    you know stuff like that