Why are so many questions/myTakes/opinions met with such negativity on here?

And I don't mean questions/myTakes/opinions that deal with sex, race, or religion (these topics always promote anger), but just neutral questions/myTakes/opinions. Seriously, don't people have anything better to do than just being mean?

Most Helpful Guy

• Possibly the internet encourages ranting maybe when you are in a good mood you want to be out enjoying the sunshine, when you are in a bad mood you want to lash out.

Most Helpful Girl

• Attacking other somehow makes them feel more powerful. It is also hard for many people (sadly often young men in my experience) to remember that there is a real breathing human on the other side of the computer. They forget that a snapshot is of a person with feelings, or that a question is posted by someone with worries too.

What Guys Said 2

• It's online, what did you expect?

• Stupidity
    Both with the asker and the answerer

What Girls Said 5

• Being mean is what I'm good at. Why would I stop what I'm good at just to cater to weak people?

• People just like to argue I guess. Nothing better to do with their lives. GAG isn't even THAT bad, there's places on the Internet where it's much worse in this aspect.

• I agree, I wish that some of these people would do more things often, in real life. Try to get a little bit of happiness in their lives. Thinking negative destroys you mentally.

• They are depressed

• Take it up with @Fathoms77. He's the one that is promoting the negative content.

• We're Promoting what's available (with an aim toward better quality) and in fact, I go out of my way to try to Promote positive content even if it's not that great, just to counter the reams of negative stuff. It's the people producing the content, not the people managing the content.

This is the Internet. The negative outweighs the positive 100 to 1.

• @Fathoms77 you're worse than the last one, who must have had pavlove's dick in her mouth constantly because the content he pumps out is atrocious and she went crazy for it. She even promoted his take that gave men tips on how to rape women.

• I told you what it is I do. It's all here in black and white. I change no writing, I change virtually nothing outside of a pic here and there and a title. Scrolling down the Takes, there's zero evidence of rampant negativity or misogyny.

These are truths. You want to believe something else, go ahead.