Why does this site remove comments that are not politically correct?

Most Helpful Girl

• The moderation system for this site is a joke. People can't voice their true opinions without it getting deleted for antagonistic or for another bullshi* excuse.

It's nonsense. What's the point of an opinion site, if you can't say your opinion. Especially on those dumb how do I look questions.

I don't know, the only comments I've ever had removed are for calling retards, retards.

@Gommers “Why do people say "grow some balls"? Balls are weak and sensitive. If you wanna be tough, grow a vagina. Those things can take a pounding.”
      ― Betty White

@atomique The same reason that metaphors aren't literal translations.

Most Helpful Guy

• It is the creeping leftard totalitarianism. The ideas of the left cannot survive debate, or critical scrutiny, so those on the left want to silence all other voices, while, at the same time, claiming to be the victims of imaginary oppression.
    Eventually, GAG will be like Facebook, where people can run pages such as 'kill Trump', or 'assassinate Trump', or 'death to all whites' and that is just fine with Zuckerberg and his minions.
    Mention the fact that Quran contains verses that command Muslims to murder and rape and that endorse paeodphilia; and that Muslims are invading Europe and post links to media reports that the Muslims are raping hundreds of white women every week and the post will be taken down and the poster will probably be banned.
    An example of GAG weirdness occurred to me last week.
    Someone started a thread in which he/she asked people to name their favourite porn performers.
    I named my favourite and put a link to her website. That was it, just a link, no pix. Other people put up pix, but I thought that a pix might be a tad too far, so I just up in a link. If people wanted to see a pix, they could follow the link.
    The post was removed by the admin and I received a message that it was removed because it was "too explicit". A name and a link were "too explicit". The word fucktard comes to mind. It seems that Sharia might be creeping into the world of GAG.

100% agreed. An example of the posts that have been removed are 1.) asking Muslims if whether or not their prophet Mohammed was a rapist... shortly after it got removed.

Mohammed married Aisha when she was six years old and had sex with her when she was nine. That qualifies as both paedophilia and rape.
      The Quran and Hadith also record that he kept female sex slaves, which is also rape.
      It is there in the books for all to read.

True, but Muslim tend to deny it. Which is reason why I wanted to ask, but gag decided to remove it.

What Girls Said 6

• LMFAO the rules on this site are not hard to follow. Just don't be a HUGE jerk or call people names and you'll be fine. http://www.girlsaskguys.com/faq/posts

• Because people get butthurt and it's easier for the GAG admin. They are after all supposed to be keeping a peaceful environment which has children present. They don't really want kids knowing about n***as and h****ys just yet.

• What's your definition of PC? The line you cross is probably a mile wide and on fire. This site is pretty lenient.

Though I'm still salty about my "White bitches" question being removed.

• To the contrary it has gotten far between over the years

• I haven't had any removed but if you weren't being a jerk it's probably just because someone got all upset and reported it and they wanna keep cry babies happy

• Because maybe the people who can remove them, have politically correct views

What Guys Said 15

• I think things are ONLY removed if someone reports it first... but you are right, the mods here are a fucking joke. There is no chance to explain yourself, to defend what you wrote, to prove what you wrote is factually correct, or even to edit what you wrote to make it more palatable.

Lol even a factual post that is mean-spirited instead of intended to educate, doesn't make an antagonistic post less antagonistic.

Now directly quoting someone and being flagged for hate speech, that's insane as fuck.

@Prof_Don it is, and it has happened. and i know that isn't the case here. but it's not far off. when someone can provide the truth, but do to the heat of their tempers has gotten... a little unfriendly?
      Let's be honest. ALL OF US have had people spew bullshit, lies, and provably fake stuff at us, and we've all dealt with their righteous indignation when we've tried to reasonably and calmly explain things.
      Sometimes, the only thing left to do IS to be antagonistic as you are making your point.
      And sometimes the point you are making goes past the back and forth. When other people can read what was said, see both people are being antagonistic, and then see that one guy gets his comments removed (usually because he'd rather talk it out than click report), they are all of a sudden only seeing half of what was said, and assume the other guy must be wrong.

• Alright, I have a few points to make about this...
    1.) Things are removed when deemed fit as breaking the rules.
    That means they get hidden by mods, and then get removed by admins. The rules are stated in the FAQ and are relatively straight forward. Each mod has varying degree of leniency, but stuff tends to be hidden due to the rules. As a member of this site, you accepted terms and conditions, thereby accepting the rules for what they were. They haven't drastically changed in recent times anyway.

2.) It isn't that hard to follow the rules, even if disagreeing with someone.
    Hell, I've disagreed with plenty of people in however many opinions I've given (and before you cite "because you are a mod," this included before I knew anyone on here or became a mod). I've never had anything removed.
    How? Disagreeing with the person and the facts, not just telling the person to go eat shit or whatever. Not only does this make arguments stronger, it also keeps the discussion as a discussion, not a bickering of two people.

3.) It isn't that hard to ask a question and follow rules either. If you wanna ask a HDIL question with nudes in it, there is reddit or other forums. There are 13-18 year olds here. There is a difference between politically correct and just straight up hate speech. Politcally incorrect is writing a mytake going like "10 Reasons why gay marriage is an abomination to allow." Straight up hate speech is like "Why are ALL white people salty cracker hardasses?" That's not a question, that's a bitter rant fueled by generalizations. Many people like to ask questions that don't really ask anything, but are just there to rant. All those will do is piss off people and don't contribute to the site. Many of them stay up too. It's only a portion of them that actually get removed.

It's pretty obvious this site leans pretty far left (spoken from a pro-gun Texan), but I know it is still possible to get any ideas I'd want to without being a salty cracker hardass over it. You may get a few people who disagree, sure, but you won't get your comment removed.

TL;DR; Stick to the facts, don't call people hateful names, actually read the rules, and you'll be fine.

Damn good post man. It's so freaking easy to say "the mods and admins here suck" "they're pussies" etc, etc.

How fucking hard is it to read what you AGREED TO when you signed up? There are VERY specific rules about what is and is not OK when you post. Further, there is an entire page about CONDUCT on the site in general.

Like you said, if you don't like the rules that you yourself agreed to when you made your account, there are plenty of sites where it's common and allowed to post things like "fuck you and your fucking mother you fucking retard".

Personally, I'd rather have intelligent debate with people that aren't so mentally deficient, that they have to resort to that sort of rhetoric.

• Because some little bitch reported you and cried in front of the mirror for an hour after you typed something on the internet... They can't handle life in general.

• Sometimes, yes. Especially, if you insult someone and the comment is reported. I'm not sure to what degree you have to keep "PC" in order to have your comment remain. I'm sure, it's at the mods' discretion.

My apologies. I didn't read the word "Why". The answer to that is because the majority of the mods are left-leaning, PC-oriented people.

Every post that a mod reports is screened by the admins, and the admins can reverse the reporting and restore the post

• No, they remove comments where instead of just saying
    "I disagree with you because blah blah blah insert argument here"

those who claim their comment was removed for "not being PC enough" tend to say
    "I disagree with you because you're a fucking idiot because if you weren't so stupid then you'd realize that blah blah blah insert argument here"

And the second version violates the "Antagonistic" section of the guidelines.
    It says so right here
    http://www.girlsaskguys.com/faq/moderators#147

If your comment is antagonistic towards a large group of people just for the sake of being antagonistic, then it violates the "Offensive" section of the guidelines.

• because this site is liberal as hell

Definitely so, this site is definitely way more liberal/new-age than conservative/traditional.

• In fairness to the site I think it is not the content of the comments but maybe how they are phrased. These posts are often removed during arguments where the language can get a little strained. I understand your point that certain points of view seem to have a bias towards them, there may be some truth in that but if you put your views across politely even if they are against the perceived consensus they will probably stay.

• If a post is antagonistic, as most anti-PC assholes seem to be, it will be taken down.

One is able to post a disagreeing opinion tactfully without coming off insulting or prejudice. I don't see why this is so hard for some users to do.

I don't see what's so hard about accepting the truth, and stop being so sensitive.

The world is changing and becoming more and more based around tolerance, acceptance and emotional intelligence. Evolve or be left behind.

• vignette1.wikia.nocookie.net/.../latest

It doesn't matter what you think unfortunately. There are rules here and everyone hereby should follow them. Rules =\= right. This site does not allow you say what you want. So, politically incorrect things with be removed if they break the rules.

• Dude, what did you say?

• Yadda yadda yadda there are rules. Bring lube and bend them. Don't break them. Also no means no

Rules is such big turnoff for me lol I hate rules and I guess das why (my account got forzen right the second day after making it) lol 😂😂😂 people here are so close minded...-.-

@Naughtygirlishere Man's mind, once stretched by a new idea, never regains its original dimensions.

-Oliver Wendell Holmes

Ideas are babies.

O.0 yah lol...

• They don't really unless you get reported.

• Because the world is a politically correct shithole now. We all have to kiss eachothers' ass and say what is "right".

• I am completely against political correctness and I think a lot of online communities, including this one, is festering in it. However, you just wrote a paragraph about black girls being smelly. You went out of your way for that, no?

• Because this is a liberal site where no one is allowed to have their little feelings hurt.

I've delivered plenty of opposing and non-agreeing opinions. Just don't be an asshole about it.

I didn't expect you to know me lol. I'm just saying as a 6.5year user here, I have disagreed many times with users here and barely have my posts removed.

So this talk about not being able to disagree with users without having your post removed, is complete nonsense.

@Prof_Don Why post it on my opinion?