Holy shit. You can't delete anything you post on this site?

I just realized there's no way to delete what you post on this site. Once you post something, it's on the internet forever. Oh god. That is disturbing. I think I should delete my account.

• We need a delete option
  • Nah it's fine. Just watch what you say.

Most Helpful Girl

• I have made a huge mistake...

That is the quote of my life on this site. I voted A, I'd like to have the option to delete.

Most Helpful Guy

• neither but I think you should have an option to delete your account and disavow any opinions, opinion comments, my takes or questions you made. in case of spam or really harmful hate comments the admins of the site (only the admins) would be able to determine who made the comment when it is reported to them by a community moderator. then if legal action is required, they could send off personal details about that user that were used to sign into the site with to law in force officers. but nobody else would ever know who that person was if they did not write any material that infringed on some law or other.

What Girls Said 15

• 1)
    Way to go around using something before learning how it works.

2)
    It's like real life. You can't un-say things you say, either.

I LOVE the lack of editing here. I think it's one of the best features of the site.

If there were editing, think how easy it would be for people to post random hate comments, then edit/erase them and pretend they'd never said anything. No thanks.

I'd be fine with editing, BUT if it included "see the prev version" option which I'seen on couple of other foreign sites.

And there was also a 1 edit limit.

@Sasha07 I've always said a Stack Overflow-like "revision" system would be great, it says THIS POST WAS EDITED" and shows all previous edits

• That just means you need to think about what you're posting before submitting comments. It's just like real life.

• "A" for Absolutely, I Agree with You, @lonelyoldboy, and It has Been Said Many times Over.
    However, for now, just Think before it ends up to Possibly... Stink.
    We all Make Mistakes.
    Good luck and Great question. xx

• I don't really understand why you can't delete or edit anything on this site, either. I mean, Facebook, Twitter, Instagram... a bunch of social media sites allow you to do it, so I want to know why this site doesn't. It's the first forum site I've been on that doesn't allow it. Most forum sites have an editing window between 3 hours to 1 day long for you to fix, edit, or delete posts.

• Okay bye

• I would like to have the option of deleting either a whole poll or question and even commentaries. Also, there is no option of editing them once you have post them. Thus, many mispelling appear if you write too quickly.

• Nope, you cannot delete anything. You can disavow your questions though.

• I never understood the point of them keeping so much useless stuff.

It might help with being caught in Google's search, although for whatever reason it's hard to find anything here unless I explicitly specify "site:girlsaskguys. com"

• Isn't that the way of the internet. Once you post it;s there forever. So watch what you put out there.

• You can make previous posts "anonimous" but it will stay linked to your account anyway. They know what you wrote and they will be happy to share it with the fbi when that time comes.

• Probably not forever. Forever is a long time 😂

• Well that's kinda how life in general works, you can't take things back once you say them lol

• That's how everything on the Internet is

• What you say will still be available, even if you delete your account.

1 private opinion(s)
Only the asker and the opinion owner can see it. Learn more

What Guys Said 15

• The reason I said it's fine is because if I say something I'll regret, I post as anonymous. I think you should keep it in mind what you say from now on is going to be on the site forever, unless you delete your account.

Like @EmpatheticLady said, it's like posting in real life. You could say something terrible to someone and that person will forever remember it.

• It's in the FAQ which I'd suggest anyone read through or at least skim.
    http://www.girlsaskguys.com/faq/posts#61

"No. Once you have submitted a question, take, opinion, or reply, you cannot edit or delete it. We do not remove posts per user request. If it doesn't violate any site rules, we won't remove it. Please carefully consider what you post before clicking Submit so as to avoid 'post regret'."

• Maybe not a delete function, but at least an edit function. I've posted stuff that, after reading the question again, really needed to say something else.

• Gag owns you now breh
    You can message an admin directly to help out

• I just watch what I say, lol

• I would have no problem with that option

• At least you don't have a picture to identify you.

• if it is offending enough people will delete it for you.

• Great. Is it out of your system now?

• ANYTHING you post on the internet, facebook status's, cat videos even nudes can NEVER be deleted

• Don't post stupid or ignorant shit and you'll be fine

• LISTEN HERE FLOAK, WHO CARES.

• If it breaks the community guidelines the admin remove it but someone could always take a copy.

• Just always post anonymously and it's like you never wrote anything

But if you want your question or opinion deleted just post a really offensive update/comment (though it might just remove the update/comment, not sure how it works)

• Deleting your account won't delete your posts.