Should there be a limit for blocked anonymous questions?

Every day I see a flood of blocked anonymous questions. Sometimes I see 2 blocked anon questions in a row. I can't understand why anyone would do this at all, but some people are so dumb as to ask anons a question and then block them from answering, which just shows how thick these people usually are.
If someone posts a troll opinion just ignore it. What's the big deal? The anonymous feature is what makes this site good and without it it would die.
To prevent this site from dying, should you have to be a certain level to block anonymous? Or maybe you're only allowed to block anonymous opinions a few times per YEAR? Or, maybe questions should be approved by someone (a mod) before they can block anonymous? It's a little annoying seeing so many questions that block half the opinions

• Yes
  • No/I don't care
  • Popcorn

Most Helpful Girl

• I do it to deter silly/troll answers on serious questions and I only do it for questions that aren't overly personal

• Non-anons troll just as much or more

• No, I don't just want one reply, I want a variety of answers so I can see different peoles perspectives. I really don't see why some people insist on posting anonymously for innocent and non-personal questions. Maybe you should try posting publicly more often :).

• No I will never post publicly

Most Helpful Guy

• I see your point if I ask a question I usually leave anon option open - I am much like yourself, I would leave it open and ignore bad answers rather than run the risk of missing a good anon answers.
    Though I get the feeling for some it is a fixed habit now to "Get rid of bad anons " much the same as some people who stay anon for all the time. We all probably bad habits that mean we miss stuff, I myself only stay in certain topics away from feed and there is distinct possibility I am missing loads of questions that would interest me.

What Girls Said 7

• A good majority of anon replies are just plain ignorant statements. If you want to take the time to post a thoughtful opinion, why the need for anon status? Be proud and believe in your statement enough to attach your name to it.

• Personally, I wish anonymous posts were limited to X number per day.

People could still use it if they want or feel like they need to, but they'd be forced to use it sparingly.

• What's wrong with anonymous posts? Why should non-anons get to post more than anons? Do you think you're better than us?

• No its not. There are people who will only write anonymously, you are stopping them from sharing opinions. You are stopping a load of people from sharing their opinions.
      On the other hand not blocking anons just means you will get a few more opinions to your questions, which I guess you are too lazy to read.

But do what you like, apparently i blocked you a long time ago so it doesn't show me your questions anyway

• Hahahaha. Right on bro.

See... I give no fucks. ✌

• How about GAG put a limit on anon questions that can be asked in a week?

• Lol so many anonymists hating anons just cause they are different

• I block anonymous answers when I don't want people trolling or being intentionally antagonistic.

• I don't mind it even though I usually post anonymously. They can do whatever they want.

• Dont care.

• Why does it matter?

What Guys Said 1

• I don't get what you're trying to ask. However, people should be able to ask questions and not allow anonymous answers on their question.