How to get a myTake featured?

Is it a random process which myTakes get featured or is it something else?

0|0
3|7

Most Helpful Guy

• Good question and I think everyone should be aware.

Firstly, users shouldn't forget about the FAQs-

http://www.girlsaskguys.com/faq

Secondly, we have myTakes about how to write great Takes, and how to get them Promoted and Featured. For instance-

www.girlsaskguys.com/.../a6807-what-s-your-take-faqs-more

Thirdly, don't forget about the tips that show up in purple when you go to write a Take. These are there to help you produce a piece that's worthy of Promotion and ultimately, Featuring.

In direct answer to your question, no, it's certainly not random. The Take must first be Promoted before it can be considered for Feature, and we select a certain number of Promoted Takes to be Featured on the main page. It's usually maybe 4 per day, though it can go up if we have lots of great Takes (like on weekends).

Above all else, to be Featured, a Take has to be very good quality. If not in the writing itself, in the presentation (i. e., a list with a lot of media). Takes that we think will be of interest to newcomers and people outside GaG are great for Featured, and hot topics (like big Trending & News) are always popular, as are controversial subjects, relationship/dating/sex, political/societal with strong views, etc.

Lastly, I will emphasize that strong opinions (not caustic or offensive) are most appealing. No matter what your view, be firm and state it, loudly and proudly. :)

0|0
    0|0

Most Helpful Girl

• I think it's being looked over by the admins and they then decide which ones should be featured.
    No idea based on which criteria exactly they go about that decision process but I think sex based and controversial topics are more likely to get featured in general.

0|0
    0|0

What Guys Said 6

• Nope, it isn't random. The admins go through each myTake made and feature only some of them-- they choose em.

General tips for getting your stuff featured...
    1.) Grammar/Spelling. Capitalize your stuff, and spellcheck your words. It doesn't need to be perfect/professional, but it shouldn't be distracting.
    2.) Length. It's not always, but usually myTakes need to be a substantial length-- enough to get your points across. (This naturally varies if you are doing a list or a poem or rant or whatnot).
    3.) Quality. Pretty self explanatory. Put effort into it and organize your mytake and make it clear what you are stating.

0|0
    0|0
  • There is a process to it but my general feel is write a good take about a popular topic and it should get featured - There is an element of luck as well, there may be a load of good takes written that day - It is probably an extension of the editor process - Honestly don't overthink it, write a take you feel strongly about if it is promoted good , if it is featured great - A take of mine wasn't promoted and I got so mad but on reflection it was just a take not the end of the world.
    If you are happy with your work that is main thing.

0|0
    0|0
  • The admins have to like the myTake and then it gets featured

0|0
    0|0
  • Write something good, with a catchy title

0|0
    0|0
  • It's selected.

0|0
    0|0
  • Use lots of images. Like one every 400 characters.

0|0
    0|0

What Girls Said 2

• It's not random, the content team decide if it should be featured or not.

0|0
    0|0
  • You just gotta put some of effort into it. Of course it's not random, only the best takes get featured. I wouldn't say it's too hard though.

0|0
    0|0