How do I create my own original content?

Not just any original content, but good original content.

I I got called out for sharing articles that I find interesting from Internet and adding stuff as to what I think about them. I feel like my brain isn't good enough to make my OWN original myTakes. Ones that include my thoughts, my feelings. I've been putting out original myTakes and I do write things from my own mind but k feel as if most of what I write isn't good enough.

I see these beautiful myTakes that people create, whether it be poetry or what they think about the tragedies that happened recently and I wonder why I can't put my thoughts together in a civilized manner that is legible enough to be an organized thought.

So I was wondering how most of you come up with your ideas for takes and organized them into original ideas.

Most Helpful Guy

• Firstly, I think you do very well. It's great that you want to improve (everyone can) but you needn't be so self-critical. :)

And what you're referring to has a name, or several names; some people in the biz call it "secondary reporting" while others call it just "rewriting" or "spinning." It's a common topic, actually, because with SO many websites out there covering the same topic, it's basically inevitable. It has even become a highly sought-after skill and it's definitely part of Internet reporting, whether we like it or not.

As for original ideas, my recommendation would be to simply make a list of topics you have strong ideas about, and simply talk about them. Anyone can do that because of course, everyone has a strong opinion about at least a few topics. ;) Just make sure you don't get in the habit of repeating the same ideas, that's all.

• Thanks for the tips. I have some ideas I want to talk about actually, and I am on the process of writing what I think about them. :) I just wrote about what I thought about the tragedy in Orlando that just happened. I am so proud of myself. I didn't just copy and paste what other people were saying. I typed it all on my own.

• No problem. And the more you do that, the faster and easier the original ideas will come. :)

• This is very helpful. And I feel it's very valid to give your point of view on current events as far as content creation goes. :)

Most Helpful Girl

• Well, if you've noticed with me, a lot of my works have long spaces in between publish dates.

What I personally do is find a subject and allow myself to focus on it, write as much as I can about it, and put it in an archive for later, and then work on something else. I get my inspiration from interesting conversations I have in my personal life (which I have pointed out before), from issues in the news, from things I see on G@G, and of course I will write about topics in which I have strong, rounded opinions of. I take my time to add to it before editing a master-copy and posting it.

Of course I have one-take mytakes where I get a thought in my head and just run with it, but the above method is more practical for struggling writers.

• I do the second method.

With my dogs vs cats take, I did it all in one night. I collected information and research about dogs and cats and I put them all together in an original myTake. My mind runs but I want to share it ASAP so I do things as fast as possible.

When I do the first method, I get impatient and I want to rush things so I find information online and I try to take from what other people say.

I get frustrated cuz I never win editor of the month or anything so I keep trying and trying. Most of my original takes are me ranting about things that had happened in my life or in the world. I want to write an original article about something like I used to. I can't seem to do it anymore.

• Yeah. Like with the vegan article, some people were mad, while others were respectful and voice their issues maturely. It ended up contradicting myself a little bit and when people pointed it out I learned something.

• Exactly, and that only helps you improve more. It's not always a bad experience.

What Guys Said 13

• You can do what DooMguy does if you want. I tend to include pictures of the things I've done. I feel it makes it more original. Just write your own thoughts, only use the articles if you want to get facts, stats from them

I just write about things I like/things I'm interested in

It's simple

33.media.tumblr.com/.../...02zJfR1sxcftfo1_400.gif

look at DooMguy's stuff if you want

What you write don't have to be good, it ain't like you're getting paid

• Your stuff is good. :)

• I like writing about animals, and I used to have a bunch of myTakes on animals and places to travel. That's what I am interested in. But I also like sharing my thoughts on news stories. I am tired of selling out. I should collect information on topics like these that I like. Maybe then I can become a better writer.

• @DiogoRibeiro a-arigato senpai. I also take my time quite a bit. That reminds me I still haven't wrote a take about Doom. . .

@ Asker That's the spirit, never sell out. Follow your dreams as they say. It's not about quantity, how many comments/up votes you get. It's about doing your best and becoming a PC gamer

• "I I got called out for sharing articles that I find interesting from Internet and adding stuff as to what I think about them. I feel like my brain isn't good enough to make my OWN original myTakes. "

There is NOTHING wrong with this, just about everything in human society is some form of this. If someone has a problem with it they are dumb. I say just keep doing your thing, if that's sharing content you find and breaking it down with some of your opinions then that IS your "Take" on that content.

Haters gonna hate, so don't let them get to you.

• On my old account I wrote a few takes - First thing I will say is that there is no such thing as an "Original" thought - Something inspires you, something you read, heard, saw then it forms a thought process either consciously or subconsciously - How I wrote my takes was an idea would form in my mind and I would spend maybe 24 hours fleshing it out into a logical path that could form a take then you start writing, with the saving and editing function you can hone it into a presentable form - Depending on time available it probably took one day to sort out in your head and maybe 5 actual hours at the keyboard to type/edit it.

• You recently asked a question about learning to swim. You could write a myTake on where you were when you started (ability, fears, goals), what the learning process was like, and where you see your progress and what the whole journey has been like. I think that would be a great read.

• Wow, thanks for the idea. :) I'll take a couple of days off from writing takes to do that.

• You're very welcome! And the thing about that topic is that it would be nothing but your own content, because it's just YOUR experience. :)

• Yeah, and people can't bash me for it. :)

• To be honest I think a lot of the takes are made up of other articles, altered slightly then stitched together. Just read a lot to get the old language juices flowing to make it easier to write, then come up with a template of what you wanna say, then start drafting to put meat on the bones. Good luck wid it.

• Write down ideas that pop up in your mind during the day. Don't be like "I need to write a myTake, ok, let me think what I can write about" that won't work.

• Okay. I got it. I like writing about the recent tragedies that occurred. So I give a little background info on the subject and write about it.

• I would also avoid being too subjective, unless that's your style, but being subjective will increase the chances of people not liking your Take.

• I try not to. Then people try to refute what I said and why it is wrong. I have too much time on my hands haha. I just shared my thoughts about the little boy being taken under by the alligator. I am going to take a little break from writing and write something about what I am interested in.

• This is why I hate mass media and to some extent social media. The news have turned from a medium of being informed to political propaganda where people see something and regurgitate it to others as if they're their own opinions. Or if they are, they only scratch the surface of what something could be or from a stance so narrow minded that it becomes trivial and copypasta

People don't like to think, never considering other angles or persecutions and stick to what they know or want to believe. I see it on here all the time. I'm guilty of it sometimes. Not to toot my own horn, but the difference with me, compared to most people, however, is that I try to say something different. 1 of the things I hate most is a take where everyone just agrees and has no input or contributes to a bigger discussion and all the posts are exactly the same

If that's the point, what the hell is the point of writing a take unless it's just informational, like workout tips? It's like the award shows like the Emmys where actors suck their own dicks by awarding each other

• Nobody cares about your opinion. That's why I share stuff I find online and add my own words to it. People just don't care and if you do, there's always that one asshole who will tear down what you say and tear it down.

• People just love to argue, huh?

• Especially on this site. The kicker is that, they'll pick an argument with you, then block you for it 😂. I answered a question on breastfeeding. Red arrow commented on it and how he didn't agree. I showed him up and he got his feelings hurt and then blocked me cause I kept responding... To my own post 😂😂😂
      https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CTtF0AvWcAIuQMb.png
      www.youtube.com/watch?v=TBXe-XerqRI&app=desktop

Hasn't unblocked me since 😂

• Write from the heart and the soul.

• Write an essay or post called "The experience of feeling like you have no original ideas."

• I may actually do that. Lol.

• I always link the original articles when I do post them and add some of my own words but I feel like a copy and paste unoriginal person who can't think for herself. I guess I am so used to writing research papers that I can't think for myself anymore. Thank god I am taking a creative writing class.

• I sympthasise. Research papers involve a lot of churn.

• Some people just have a natrual gene for it.

• Just do it.

• I usually read an article or something, for my own opinion, type it up and then share it.

• by separating yourself from society and to put yourself into your work and by being creative.

What Girls Said 6

• The rare times I do takes, I take a long time to write them. Even if I write it in a day, I keep going over it every few days.

Most people use outside sources for their takes. If you want to do something completely original, try to choose something you are passionate and knowledge about.

• Like my take on my friend's passing. That was from my heart and I didn't sugarcoat anything. It's hard to do these things because I rush through them. I want to get stuff out there as fast as possible.

• You know what, I'm so feeling this right now. It's really upsetting me.

Trick is to write about something people can't upset about. Like fluffy bunnies or something.

• People even get upset about that. :o

• I feel exactly the same way as you when it comes to mytakes. So sadly I'm not sure how you can right better ones.

• Instead of taking a popular article on a topic that interests you and reposting it in your own words, find a topic that you know nothing about in a field you're interested in and do your own research. You can make reference to the sources that you've used, but you should always be trying to use evidence to prove your point instead of just reporting something someone else has written. Learn enough about a subject to formulate an opinion on it, then tell us about what you've learned.

• I don't do those because it reminds me of school. I have something that I rearched from school that I might post. People know nothing about that Haha.

I did it with my vegan myTake which people got pissed off about.

I hate sharing my own opinions because people get butthurt and try to refute them. Posting pictures or fashion on a topic seems more neutral and doesn't make people mad.

• It's also not very original. Good articles are supposed to make you think - if people are refuting your opinion, they can do so because your article has made them think about it. If you only ever write fluff pieces, you'll never grow as a writer.

• Good point. My vegan take made people think, and that is what I want people to do. Think about it.

• For me, I write about things that are on my mind. Like I will literally just sit down and pour my feelins out onto the page, and then tidy it up a little and submit it.

• All I see on my feed are Takes from you. So you must be doing something right. I haven't been here that long but most of the Takes I've read have just been someone bashing something. Find a topic that you feel strongly about and just let your words flow.

• Lol sorry. 4 months of writers block has hit me hard.

I did it with my vegan take I think I can do it again. ;P

• I remember you posting a mutate about that zoo keeper that I already read on a Facebook post a few days earlier and I was like wtf I read this before on her page

• *my take
      Lol
      When I read it I thought I was experiencing deja vu

• Thanks. Writing is just the beginning I have to edit it and it's so hard to write but I got attached to the characters so that is why I am still writing it

• Ohhh sounds awesome :)