Why is there a whole section for how do you look?

I'm a single guy and understand wanting complements on my looks and validation I do but It just feels so risky. Can't a photo be enough to make you identifiable I like most people don't want to end up with a stalker.
I read that a photo even if it's anonymous could be enough to track you?
maybe i'm being paranoid I don't know

Most Helpful Girl

• I don't think you are being paranoid. And if you have posted that picture elsewhere, people can Google it.

What Girls Said 5

• If someone tracks me down, all they will find is the average internet footprint.
    GAG isn't my dirty secret. I am actually quite proud I spend time helping people with their problems or sharing my views.

If I am not feeling confident and want to ask strangers instead of a boyfriend/friends how I look... thats my choice.

• A lot of people like to post their photos on here for rates. It's a section because its easier to just block a topic rather than wading through the sea of "how do I look?" Questions just to find something else to try answering.

• It's easier to avoid that topic.

People genuinely don't care about stuff like that and most of the time it's users using random pictures of males or females off google, for shit and giggles.

• It's to make it easier to block that kind of thing.

• So we don't have to look at it in the main feed?

What Guys Said 3

• That is very sound logic but it is one of the most popular topics on the site - I wasn't here for its invention but I believe it was created because the OTHER topic was flooded with HDIL questions and it annoyed some users who wished to block these types of questions.
    I am probably on the lax side of paranoid so I put a profile pic with the thought "Why on earth would anybody want to stalk me? now for someone younger especially a girl that is a different question maybe you will get a satisfactory answer.

• Popular demand.

• There are enough sickos out there