How many countries are represented on GAG?

How far around the world do we reach?

Most Helpful Guy

• I would say hard to accurately calculate - Internet access and use of English plus economics (devices and phone ownership) - I did a google, there are 196 countries in the world including Taiwan (apparently a political question involved there) - There is a Spanish, Portuguese and Turkish version of GaG as well - I will go a 120 - There does seem to be a very good spread and a few countries with only a few users.

What Girls Said 12

1 private opinion(s)
Only the asker and the opinion owner can see it. Learn more

What Guys Said 16

• I represent New Zealand. :)

• India (my home country)
    Australia (my adopted home)

• Pretty sure most of the people are from somewhere in the USA, seeing as people usually use inches, feet and miles, rather than the (far superior) metric system.

• it ain't superior

• @redeyemindtricks You know what I like? When people come to an agreement. People as far back as time goes have been attempting to make everyone believe the same thing, serve the same ruler, live under the same principles. They find difference to be less.. to be, inferior. So why, when people look at difference with contempt, do some purposely pick a differing system to the rest of the world? Why, when difference is already hated so, do they do this to themselves? People love to hate, this much is a fact, but that is the one thing I cannot get around to understand, why people would seek the same difference, that they themselves hate.

• Okay, well, then, *one* country is gna have to switch over to a system that doesn't match the education, experience, or intuition of the VAST majority of its workforce, with all the attendant inconvenience, economic deadweight loss, and stagnation.

*One* country is gna have to pull up all of its railroad ties, highway-median bollards, and street lamps and replace them all with incompatible hardware.

*One* country is gna have to switch all of its nuts and bolts and screws and tools, so that NOTHING from before June 16, 2016, is compatible with ANYTHING after June 16, 2016.

*One* country is gna have to watch hospital patients DIE because nurses and ER personnel can't make split-second decisions about mmol/L because they've worked all their lives with IU/mL or ng/dL.

Etc.

You want "agreement", at that cost? Fine, YOU guys switch.

The hell with that.

• Norway

• finally someone who actually answered the question at hand, like a normal human being. by the way, i hear norway's a cool place

• i can't tell which is sweden and which is norway when looking at a map, i just know it exists. there's a song i like called blucher by the band kamelot. it's about norway (sort of). im in the u. s.

• @Dave20154 Aha. Still impressed. Norway is the one furthest west. We have the broken up coast and dramatic mountains. Swedes only have endless forests.

• It's all curious Turks, perverted Indians, Angry Americans and confused Brits.

• Antarctica checking in

• Egypt

• Countless.

Like, 4.

• The Netherlands

• Some are from another world as well I am convinced

• By now I assume all of them.

• Norway

• Swedennnnnn

• probably not very many. if i had to guesstimate id say like 10 or so