Should I write a take about my life?

I was wondering if I should write a take about my life. About my family and about my upbringing. I don't think a lot of users know much about me and I thought I could give them a peak into what it was like being me as a child.

It would be kind of long, there's a lot to explain and I'd have to go into my mother's history. What do you guys think? Yay or Nay?

• Yes
  • No
3mo By the lack of responses I'm guessing it's a no lol.

Most Helpful Guy

• I can only encourage you to write it. But do not write it with this website in mind. Write it as a story that you would like your children would read. Write it as a story that you would like to read, in let's say.. 20 years from now. Write the details that you think you might forget in that timespan.
    Write it in a way that you could repost it in another site if you ever wanted to, or to send it to someone online that you meet and asks you about your childhood.

Make a memory of it. I do that with the important things in my life (not many so far), and it's always a pleasure to read them back, because I can always see details that I had forgotten already.

Since you are doing this effort, make sure to make it pleasant to read, with nice wording and descriptions. Throw in some emotions as well, how you felt, what you thought, etc.

Last but not least, don't forget to tag all the people that encouraged you to do it in this question. :P

Haha if I do I certainly will include those people. Thank you for your words, I'm still considering it. :)

Most Helpful Girl

What Guys Said 17

• I enjoy this type of reads personally. It's cool to see the differences in what others saw and experienced growing up

• I just read a Take written by someone who revealed a lot about themselves and it was very interesting. I think they are among the best Take subjects, I would love to hear about you.

• If you think you'd enjoy writing it regardless of how many people read it, then yes.

If you are hoping lots of people will read it, then no

• I wouldn't read it cause I think it's pointless. And sorry to say, I don't care about you upbringing. I mean I don't know you, really, I want curious at all about your upbringing and there's no useful information that I can gather from it. I'm sure it's touching, motivational, inspiring, etc, but this is coming from my perspective. But hey, it's a free country. I'm not gonna stop you. It's up to you

• I would save your story for users you may get to know more personally through messaging. The average GaGer will read, post, and forget.

• I view it as pretty personal information and nobody's business. Plus, very few, if anyone will care honestly lol. I vote no.

• Truthfully if you aren't popular or extremely attractive on here people won't really care.

• Yes I want you to. But make it funny. Stretch the truth if you have to.

• By the lack of responses I would say you clearly aren't one of the cool kids here.

• For me I'd say no. I hate reading long things on a screen so I wouldn't read it. But you do you!

• Why would you want to bore us with explicit details about your life.

• Lmfao

• why not?

everyones life has real intrigue in it :)

• Why not...

• Yes and I would read it

• Yea would you read mine if it gets promoted?

What Girls Said 8

• You totally should, it's amytake i would actually read

• Maybe! Do you think there are things about your life that people will find interesting? If yes, go ahead.

• Tbh, I rarely read My Takes.

Most are super long, super boring & could easily be summed up in just ONE sentence.

• Write what you want, people can be such assholes. I wrote about myself and got tons of support and responses..

• Sure, I'm interested to know.

• Yes if you like go ahead, it could be very interesting to people

• Why not? It would be interesting and i, speaking for myself, would gladly read it 👍🏻

• Is your story wort telling? And I ask that in the nicest way possible

I think it's interesting enough. I'd mostly be talking about my mom's side of the family. They're some messed up people.