Why do some users get upset when they get blocked after posting an antagonistic comment?

Some users will get upset when they get blocked and not being able to reply but I personally will block anyone who post antagonistic comments/opinions and I will not give any user like that a chance to reply. I have seen users complain on posts about being blocked and not being able to reply but there are 2 sides to every story

3mo Lol by antagonistic I mean people who deliberately start shit and personally attack users for no reason for the sole purpose of harassing them and not staying on topic

For those users who want me to block you you are going to have to try harder than that to make me block you ☺

Most Helpful Guy

• Problem is that many people here think that a comment/opinion that goes against what they believe, is antagonistic.
    Some people think the truth is antagonistic.

I personally don't get bothered by the fact of being blocked, what bothers me is that there's people out there that act so childish.

I see your point, there is nothing wrong with different opinions. I was blocked by several people because I did not agree with their mytakes

Thanks for the MHO

Most Helpful Girl

• i can see where ur coming from. the block feature has been deemed as a pussy move by many on here. I'm cool with appearing to be the pussy tho. am i gonna explain my perspective? nope, if people aren't asking. I'm all chill. 😎

What Guys Said 13

• Most users who block, do it simply because they don't agree with someone's opinion. It's a bitch move.

I don't think blocking people who only want to insult and start drama is a bitch move. It's ridiculous to block someone because they disagree but that's not the only reason people get blocked

I see it happen constantly, just because someone is blunt and tells their opinion openly or lays down some cold hard facts.

• in my experience it's the antagonistic people that like to block. They get all mad at you for having a different opinion, call you names etc.. go on some lunatic rant about how smart they are and how dumb you are then block you before you can respond.

I kinda like it when that happens, 1 it's really funny watching someone have a temper tantrum and 2 it's a great way for the undesirables to filter them selves out. When I first joined the site years ago it kinda bothered me but now it's one of my favorite things.

• Because... everyone believes in freedom of opinion as long as you AGREE with their opinion... it's silly really... but that's 'society' for you. ;)

• Because a block should be a last resource method. I mean someone who constantly annoys you.

If someone is pointing out valid points, or just joking around, there is no need for that. People should talk until either they give up, agree, or agree to disagree.
    I rarely ever see a case for a block to happen.. and yes, I have been blocked before.

• A lot of people who block are just as rude and antagonistic as the person they block. They just do it so they can get the last word in.

• thats true but when you block the person thats being antagonist your blocking half of the story no matter how distasteful it may sound.

How is blocking someone that is not adding to the conversation but only attacking the user taking away half the story?

you didn't ask that , you asked why do people get upset for being blocked because there being antagonistic. but i do agree if there not saying anything relevant its better to block them than to have them spam your thread with pointless rantings.

i was referring to people who are staying on topic and even though they say crude or even hostile things , as long as they stay stay on topic the view should be heard when your refuting what they say.

• This feels oddly personal OP.

• some users just block you after you disagree with them. others block you and ask you a question. why do you ask me a question if you are going to block me anyway?

• What counts as antagonistic?

Personally attacking someone and not the subject

Solely posting to start drama

That makes sense. You must have quite the blocked user list.

• I dont get why people say stupid things that dont contribute to a discussion. If they dont want to do that they should do something else rather than asting time making stupid comments.

• Because they have a little bubble they wanna hide in

• a lot of people block for no reason too

• People can block, fine, but there's often an air of being above the others being blocked. It's when 'you're wrong' is equated to 'antagonistic' that it's a problem, and even if they are being legitimately antagonistic it doesn't mean they're wrong and the block will look like you're declaring yourself the arbiter of validity. It's becoming clearer that people will call virtually anything 'harassment' these days.

What Girls Said 8

• I can understand blocking someone if they're making antagonistic comments. However, many users get upset by this because they feel the other user is being a coward and not finishing the debate or argument. They're just hiding by using the block feature.

• I'm not upset about that. I get that I can be a raging bitch and it's best you do block me for that. I don't like when we're in the middle of a debate/discussion and the other person blocks me out of nowhere. It's pretty silly to do so. Many times, they'll first state how "stupid" you are and then block you.

I've also had users unblock me just to insult me more and then block me again.

I understand how that can be annoying

"Many times, they'll first state how "stupid" you are and then block you."

Thtat's when they have realized you were right and they were wrong.
      A reason to be glad, if anything.

• They get annoyed because they're probably being falsely read as antagonistic.

So many of my comments have been removed for being antagonistic when I was just being straight truthful.

Yea gag will remove comments if they think they violate the rules
      It's unfair but that is how it works
      I have had funny light hearted non offensive questions removed

• I'm not upset I just find it funny when I find out users blocked me that I've never talked to before (unless they were anon) or when they are like "your soOoOoOoOo stupit and evrything you said don't make sense." Block "You got nothing for say your defance? I thaught so."
    So they block me and then make it look like they defeated me by disabling me from replying to them lol. by the way did anyone else notice how it's usually users that are unable to form grammatically correct sentences or spell properly that resort to telling you you're "stupit"? Coincidence? I think not.

• What's the point of asking people for their opinion if they get upset and block everyone that disagrees with your thoughts? I get if their comments are hateful, but if it's just antagonistic then you're just too sensitive

Go ahead and block me now. :)

I'm not sure what that has to do with the reason why I block people 😁
      I block people who are antagonistic which is obviously hateful, also people looking to start drama that has nothing to do with the subject. ☺ I know this may sound weird to you, but it's possible to give an opinion without being hateful.

I block people who start drama for no reason and insult me, that's what I mean by antagonistic. I never said I block people who disagree with my thoughts.

Eat my butt hole first and then I will block you 😊

• I don't really complain I just laugh at them because I never say anything rude, they just don't like that I have a different opinion and act like babies

• It's the pussy way out.

• How would you know they're upset? Theure blocked they can't exactly tell u.

People on posts complain about it in their opinions and comments