How do you feel about those who get into heated arguments on gag?

I'm specifically talking about those who start calling you names, cursing you out, insulting you, putting you down, etc... for disagreeing with them. Do you usually respond to or ignore those people? Is it more mature to just ignore? Thanks.

Most Helpful Guy

• Nobody did this to me yet. If someone tried though, I would ignore it, arguing with such people is pointless and honestly not worth my time.

Most Helpful Girl

• I typically ignore them lol

What Guys Said 11

• I mostly ignore them, especially the verbally abusive and shallow-talk ones. That's becomes military silence (aka ignoring someone) is a potent weapon against an adversary. Often the adversary expects a response. By not responding, you are devaluing their opinion, and rising above their demeaning behaviours.

• 3|2
  • Generally I would avoid them - I have a basic rule on GaG, I am here to enjoy myself and I wouldn't to that in a heated argument so it would seem foolish to go looking for something that would bring me down.

Those are words of wisdom and maturity. Some people are here to troll hunt.

• I do this a lot. Big time. Not so much the cussing and mindless shit but I love debating and do so at my college. Well I did last semester. I have a talent of taking your words and manipulating it something that benefits my side of the argument and I do it effortlessly. Even if I agree with someone's stance on a particular subject I'll object for the the challenge. I always find it comical when they call me a dumb meat and assume my IQ is room temperature.. then I articulate some fancy words at them and they get pitted in a corner. Usually ends up with them blocking me because they get slayed so hard.

So... what you're saying is... you're pretty smart but you choose to act like a fucktard out of boredom for your personal entertainment...

lmao the best fucking guy to be around

So... you're gonna be seeking that dream career where you make good money, have 100% autonomy, and never have to interact with other humans...✌

• I think they need to get a life and stop arguing with strangers over the Internet

• It's really fun to provoke people lmao its immature i know but entertaining af

• Try to ignore it, but I'm kind of hot-headed so i keep responding.

Some people insult you and then block you. I had that this evening with athleticmom. She told she wanted to spank children to teach them respect, and when i replied you can teach them respect without hitting them she called me a name and then immediately blocked me.

I blocked some guy and even said that I was not going to respond to him anymore and he still kept responding with insults smh. Like seriously, are people this desperate for attention?

• I try to ignore them but when they bring race into it it just gets me going

• I want to more often but my mood doesn't allow for it. I am more stable lately.

• I don't like arguing

• I sit and watch

What Girls Said 11

• I don’t have any particular feelings or thoughts about them. It’s hard to speak on it without actually having witnessed how the argument occurred, who said what, and why they said it. I usually respond because I’m a fiery person who doesn’t tolerate disrespect.

Hmmm is it more mature to just ignore? Yes-ish. Sometimes it’s better to walk away but sometimes it’s better to address why that person is wrong and let them know what they’re saying/doing is unacceptable. Both ways can be mature depending on how you handle yourself.

• I have a bad habit of responding to those kinds of people because their arguments are generally super weak. I have a hard time resisting not pointing out such huge loopholes in an argument that they state overly confidently..

How do I feel about them, though? Irritated, and kind of pitiful. I can imagine that this huge lack of logic and creating these fanatical theories/beliefs comes about to compensate for their lack of self-confidence in the real-world.

• I just ignore those comments really.

• I was recently called names by two men. I just ignored, blocked, and reported them. Problem solved.
    Its more matured when you are the better person.

Best of luck :)

• argumenting is okay but fighting is ridiculous I just ignore

• It's more mature to ignore it. Unfortunately I give in and fight back sometimes tho lol

• I just sit back with my popcorn and watch them rant and rage on, thinking that I give a single fuck.
    s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/.../...bf4f33d0bd.jpg

Even if they do it to you?

• I've noticed it's mostly anons that get into it with me... don't know why. But i just ignore them. Unless they keep tagging me. Then i just tell em to screw off. LOL

• i dont rlly respond cuz i dont have time for tht but i like reading good roasts before taking them down lmfaoo

• I roll my eyes, since they are being more immature than a fifth grader. I usually just walk away.

• I have met a lot of passive aggressive users on this Web site

The ones who start drama I have learned to ignore and after a while, you can usually spot them from a mile away on gag