Everything is blown out of proportions on Gag, agree or disagree?

When I am on Gag ( which is almost all the time lol) I feel like it's WW3, everybody is paranoid, everybody is hating on everybody. Men and women are in a gender war, Liberals vs Conservatives, religious vs non religious, religious vs religious, black vs white, Asian vs white, men vs women, ALpha vs Beta bla bla bla..Everything is blown out of proportions on Gag, agree or disagree?
This is how it feels.⬆️

It just seems like everybody comes here to whine or complain or hate.

But in real life⬇️ (Most of the time)
Everybody is chill. Ya know, guys and girls are still in 💓, whites and blacks chill together, Atheists and Religious people (Christians , Muslims, Jews, Buddhist, Hindu...) chill together etc... ( at least in my surrounding).

• I'm one of the GaG crybabies and I agree ( it's nice that you admit it)Everything is blown out of proportions on Gag, agree or disagree?
  • I'm not one of the haters and I noticed that too Everything is blown out of proportions on Gag, agree or disagree?
  • I disagree it's completly representative of real life (I gotcha 😒)Everything is blown out of proportions on Gag, agree or disagree?

Most Helpful Guy

Most Helpful Girl

• I voted A. I'm an honest babycry lol

• Haha appreciate the honesty 😂 This is NOT immoral behavior 😜

What Guys Said 30

• On the internet things are always more heated than in the real world. I'm not surprised.

• It has its moment when helium gets released into someone's arse and they go ballistic , but other than that it's mostly just F Ed up

• I disagree its completely representative of real life 😒😒😒 hahha jk
    I agree with you

• It's blown out of proportion everyone, social media, media, internet, tv etc.

• Everything on the Internet is polarized, because people can just speak their mind. One of the reasons why I joined this site was over gender issues, I like open and informed debate and this site is GREAT for that. People site sources, and speak intelligently. I like that.

• B. Personally, I just don't care. People need to chill out, they post a question they get an answer that doesn't pet their ego and they get all butthurt. At best it's entertaining watching how many of them loose their shit online... I bet half of them head-butt their keyboard while typing due to rage lol.

I mean seriously everyone has an opinion can't we all just get along? :v

• Definitely depends om my humour, if it will annoy me, I will avoid but the odd time I might throw an opinion but 99 times out a 100, I will just skip over contentious question.

• lol yeah because you won't bring me some croissants i am raising hell on gag until you do
    seriously I don't know why but plebs love it here

• That's why I don't take this site seriously. Too bad people on this site, them get pissed off and butthurt and block you cause they can't take jokes 😑

• Yeah, but it's entertaining though. *laughs at the people who claim they aren't crybabies but really are* 😂

• You think everything is chill in real life?

• That's what happens when you pool a bunch of psychologists together... They all want to make something out of nothing...

• Thought that said everyone was getting blown on GaG :o
    Fixing to say I'm getting left out bigger than hell...

• Welcome to the internet.

• We call 'em keyboard jockies. :)
    Internet tough-guys
    forum bullies
    drama queens
    trolls
    Generally people love the anonymity the internet provides. People generally won't say to your face what they would on a forum.

• Its same everywhere on internet, go to any place you'll find flame wars. Safely behind the key board everyone's a warrior ;)

• Didn't read the question or the description.. But you're wrong, I'll tell you that.

• yes and I fucking hate it

• I think it is a an accurate reputation of the internet

• motherfuckin' agreed!

• Lmao 😂 I'm not a hater and I noticed it too

• A lot of things are, yes.

• humans wage war. thats our way.

• I agree I've noticed this too

• It's healthy to debate
    But yea it's hard to debate with respect and piece

• i'm sry for cry babyin' :'(

• I think people are just more honest on GAG. They don't have to filter what they really think. The more anonymity they have the more likely they are to be their true selves. That sweet person that speaks out against things like racism in real life, may very well be a closet racist that lets loose online. The internet allows you to see people for the way they really are, and not what they pretend to be in your daily life.

• Exactly, Nobody gives a shit to be honest.
    Its just depressing to talk, think and discuss for what has been done and dusted.
    As you said "I too don't give a fuck"

• The internet is a true representation in what people heart. There are laws, social etiquettes and so forth out in place that people are less likely to speak their true self in public. There are racist who will be super nice to you in public and make you think they are cool with you only to talk shit about you behind clothes doors.

So you really should use the internet as a better representation of the social atmosphere currently.

• ^this. This is the most accurate answer you're going to get in here

• "There are racist who will be super nice to you in public and make you think they are cool with you only to talk shit about you behind clothes doors."
      that's kinda terrifying

• I fucking hate chris pratt so much

What Girls Said 19

• As someone that writes myTakes, I have to 100% agree.
    No matter how well you phrase yourself and stay clear of generalization, there's that rude group of people that act as if they want to crucify you because they want to take offense to what you said,... even though that's clearly not how you meant it.

• Omg like the one you wrote about bilingual people. People on here were sooo rude lol. I often think those are the basement dwellers and never experienced life.

• Yess! I know! What side of the bed did they wake up on lol.

• Everyone does the blowing out of proportion here because, in real life, you can't go about being an anti social and rude or debating someone on everything because you would lose your job, partner (but most people here don't have one), and other relationships. People say edgier and more crass things here because who will hold them accountable? JaneDoe123 and JohnDoe456? It's the internet. What do they have to lose? That's the way it is. However, considering there are mods on this site that are supposed to take down the really crazy stuff and keep us a little in check and also because most people here are adults it makes me see that 1) people are really fucking crazy in real life (beyond my little sphere) and 2) it's the nature of the beast (the internet)

• pretty much. thing is, in real life, people just dont show their opinions as much. the toughest are still there, and they definitely care, but strangers typically won't just argue bout this in person.

• Those introverts... quiet but ready to lash out

• First its a way of ventilating frustration. Second on the web, without physical contact, everything is put more black and white. So, if you try to understand the frustration (and maybe ventilate yours too :-) ) and change the black and white to more grey, then the picture become more "normal"

• This site gives people an outlet for their thoughts that they might not express in real life, so, yes, we do see more complaints and things might be thrown out of proportion.

• Indeed. This is just not a healthy place for your mental state. In real life, most homophobes, racists, sexists, etc are too scared to express their hate. But it's the Internet, and behind the screen anyone can say what they want with no serious repercussions.

• It's the internet, so yes. Some people are chill, but others need to chill.

• I agree, it's their ideology.

• oh ya! preach it sista!! i swear. people just need to sit back and take a chill pill... preferably 2.

• That is because we are all immature ass hole who think we know it all. What they don't realize is that I know it all and everyone else is dumb

• That's a very good question and you are dead correct, very nice observation.

• I notice this as well.

• Cause some people probably have no life or no way of arguing with people in person so they come on the site to argue with random people. Plus... they could be getting off on it.

• I think the internet in general is like that. It's not something I pay attention to, to be honest.

• Everything's so dramatic and intense, while I'm sitting here like idgaf

• I try to stay out of it. But sometimes it can be hard. You know?

• People are argumentative on here

• its internet, what can a person expect.