Whats the story behind your username?

why did you pick your username? is it a real life nickname or a tribute to something? Maybe your original nickname was taken and you used the first thing you could think of. What ever the story, feel free to. share it.

There is no particular story behind mine. I was watching the film labyrinth and i've always liked the character Hoggle. thats it lol

Most Helpful Girl

Most Helpful Guy

• The "Prof" in my name is short for Professor. I'm not really a professor (only have a bachelor's lol). I got that nickname when I was in uni because of my detailed explanation of video game strategy.

"Don" isn't my first name, "Don" is the first syllable of my last name.

Back in 2006 shortly after I got this nickname, I wanted to rename my Playstation online account Professor_D, but it was too many characters.

So I had to shorten it to either "Prof_D" or "Prof_Don" , and I decided to go with Prof_Don.

Now most of my internet profiles are either Prof_Don, or a spin-off of this name that I had to make back in 2010 when some law professor at UMass used Prof_Don as his name on Google lol

What Girls Said 34

• I am a lover of love.
    Phil- (prefix/suffix in Greek, from the root word 'Philia') = love

I changed my username a couple times and realized too late that I couldn't change it any longer, so I ultimately got stuck with this one. I like this username, but it looks too similar to "paedophile" (to people who don't read carefully) which is not cool at all.

• When I was young (around 12ish) I was obsessed with skittles.
    & Everyone back then spelled my name "Sammy" because of another girl in my class with the same name.

The username has stuck with me since then. :*

• Well, I'm empathetic, and I'm a lady.

• I am a hobo, who is random. I'm just one of those randomhobos you spot on the street.
    Joking aside i've no idea, i just picked it. Was around the time i was facing being homeless.

• The story of my alias is a interesting one 🤔

Well not really.

I was trying to be a smartass😂😂

• i normally try and do the same thing. username, username_already_taken... that sort of thing. ironically all those types of usernames were taken haha.

• Lol 😂😂 I've seen that on this site too.

• Just my real life nickname. Had it for years.
    And I love rain 💁🏽🌧

• My generally-used username for just about everything was available, but I wanted to be a tad more anonymous. Also, I love chinchillas.

• My name is Lada, and I love chocolate :P

• Historical reference to my heritage.

• a lame-ass screen name I've used since middle school. I wish I'd known tagging other users on here worked before I signed up. I'd have made up something witty and simpler to remember. :)

• I LOVE LABYRINTH
    Anyway... I picked mine when I found the site and just wanted to blend in so I picked something real basic.

• Tatyana (Tatjana) is my first name, and my friends tend to call me "Carica" (The Empress).

• My username is made up out of my name and surname

• I'm a non-professional writer, and in one of my stories, I made up a character named Estella Lynn, so I'm just using that as my "stage name", to keep my privacy in tact.

• I'm always naughty and when I found this site I was like fuck yeah naughtygirlishere lol

• I have red hair and it just sounded catchy

• I had a friend in high school who called me Little Miss, and I signed up for this site because I was curious. BEHOLD. A username was born!

• My username actually contains my real name (I have a really short name lol). My user name is the nickname my cousins gave me when they were kids, the name stuck and it's fairly uncommon so no need to worry about it already being used lol.

• I really like ginger bear candy. It's tasty.

• ginger bear candy? I've literally never heard of it

i hate ginger though, its one of the 2 devil foods. the other being marzipan :p

• It's an Australian thing, I think.
      I looove ginger. Tastes good, and so good for you.

• Abbreviation of my first and middle name and my hometown area code

• Lol I don't know I'm young and innocent...

• Huge fan of potatoes I am

• I was quite into the arab culture

• Uhhhhhh I'm the princess and pizza is lyf. 🍕👑❤️

• Nothing. I just wasn't creative enough to come up with something better.

• It means "storm" in Trigedasleng. I love storms, also feel like they represent me in a way.

• Just Quick Info about me

• I chose my username because I find myself such a weak person and I wanna be strong like a phoenix

• Completely random.

• More from Girls
    4

What Guys Said 30

• I am OlderAndWiser because, now that I am older (obviously) than I was many years ago, I am also wiser than I was back then. It does NOT mean that I think that I am wiser than anyone else (or older than anyone else). It simply means that I have an appreciation for how the experience that you gather over the years makes you a wiser person.

• And that, in itself, is a wide statement, lol <3

• The "Wiser" part is true in many ways, in my opinion.

• @rose004b I thank you for the kind words.

• I picked mine with the intention that I would be staying here for a long time. Thus I couldn't use something generic like batman6001 or dovahkiin5 because usernames related to something you care about are risky - chances are you will eventually grow tired of it.
    ThisDudeHere was my attempt to both signify that I as a person am present, and yet it also does not reveal anything about me at all. There is nothing personal in it, and yet it itself is personal.

• It was me trying to think of a username on the fly that could describe me without giving away too much or too little.

Arguably talented (although I'm not one to brag, I will not deny I have my fair share of talents like everyone else)

Arguably a phantom because I sometimes fly into peoples' lives just to put a smile on their face or make them feel more confident and then disappear just like that (no idea why, I guess i just recognize when people needs some help).

I have many names, and this is one of them.

• Was crazy about the movie Zorro when I was 9 or 10... ended up making a username and adding 8's behind it lol

• My brother is a very funny guy (all them en in my house are). There was this period where he and his frined would keep giving new nicknames to eachother. One time one of those names was "skadooshbag." I thought that that word was so funny that I *had* to immortalize it somehow.

• Because I'm a gentleman.

• My profession and I'm back bc I deleted my first account but go readdicted six months later lmao

• 'Philosopher_Edge' actually was a kind of name for a free form sword class my buddy and I were working on. We called it The Philosopher's Edge, as we used swordwork as a gateway to introduce students to philosophy. I even made a mini-doc about it. You can youtube it with that title as the name.

• 0|0
  • I think it was what I was thinking about at the time...

• Nothing exciting just the Irish for Free Spirit

• My banana is fearless.

• A symbolic reference to my sensual, sexually-charged nature. And using "On Fire" in it partly because it's one of my favorite Van Halen songs that I also use as a symbolic suggestion to my sensuality.

• I just picked something at random becausse I didn't think I'd stick around and it turns out I am going to stick around

• The first three letters are my initials, the next three letters describe one of my characteristics (strong Dexterous fingers), the numbers are the year I was born (1996). That's what my username means.

• I'm 6'9" and I want to remain anonymous on this site lol

• I ask many questions.

• Actually an old email I had lol j was too lazy to change it

• i have a small penis

• it was my MySpace user name.

• Mine is a dirty joke.

• Let's just say it's a very frequent visiting spot for me.

• Nickname given to me in high school, first letter of my first name and part of last name.

• I have too many polos in my closet lol

• It doesn't mean anything to me at all. I just wanted to use a fake name

• It was my example name on kik and it applied perfectly
    So I stole it

• i wanted to remain anon, but i did not know the site provided a function to post as anon.

• A hotheaded character (like me) in a belgium comic.

• C O D

• No story. I have a keep calm carry on poster up in my wall and I saw it.. boom gag name!