How Old Does A G@Ger Have To Be For You To Take Their Opinion Seriously?

Just a bit curious. I notice there are a lot of people on here younger the 18 but then there are also those that are in their 40's, 50's, and 60's. I just read a few questions under various topics and the age range was pretty broad. So how seriously do you take young/old G@Ger's response, question, or myTake? Does their age dictate whether or not you respect their opinion? It can be to your question or someone else's, doesn't matter.

• I Don't Take Anyone Under 18 Seriously
  • If You're 18 And Older, I'll Listen
  • You Have To At Least Be In Your 20's
  • People In Their 30's Know What They're Talking About
  • 40 And Over Are The Most Reliable
  • Age Doesn't Matter. I View Everyone Equally.

Most Helpful Guy

• I don't really consider age as relevant in what I think about someone's opinion. Perspectives change with age and experience, but that doesn't invalidate the viewpoints of young people. My ten year old nephew can be at the same time both deep and whimsical, with a fresh, long-forgotten take on things. And my views and experiences at my age are likely quite different than those of my parents at this age, as theirs likely was from those of their own parents. And a lot of young people seem to dismiss the opinions of older people, but there is a lot of wisdom to be gained from those who have seen so much of life. I have a relative who is in his 90's but still drives, is sharp and witty, and keeps up on current events. He still has a keen interest in science and nature - he worked part time until just a few years ago and has several patents.

I think those who dismiss the thoughts of others because they are "too young/old" are doing themselves a disservice, missing out on the benefit of the perspective of others.

Most Helpful Girl

• I don't care who is advising. Some teens know that they're talking about. It's the questions from older users that I don't take seriously. Either some of the users are lying about their age, or they are just really stupid. On another site, I saw a user claim she was 25 and she asked if you had to have sex to be able to wear tampons. Either she was trolling, she was underage, or she was just really stupid. She claimed she was still a virgin, but she could never insert tampons, and she thought that maybe sex would loosen things up a bit. LMAO. Questions like that I can't seriously, so I trolled her back.

What Guys Said 22

• Age doesn't matter, I appreciate honest, valid opinions. It just so happens that most under-18s come up with really juvenile, immature stuff but I suppose I was the same at that age!

There are exceptions to this though, most notably @SweetHomicidalQueen, who is among the very few teens who is really sensible and mature!

• I really REALLY do my best to take everyone's perspective seriously regardless of age.

The thing about being younger than the person reading and interpreting your opinion, is that the life experience is limited, so my opinion to a 50yr old may seem misguided because I don't have as much life experience.

The key to keeping an objective mind about everyone's opinion regardless of age, is to understand a theory-sourced opinion vs a life-experienced-sourced opinion, and to interpret them accordingly.

• Some under 18s have wisdom above their years like @sweethomicidalqueen

• Doesn't matter to me, its what they say. Some of the 16/17 year olds on here can put up a better argument than many 30+. Even if i don't agree with them sometimes, i respect them.

• Anyone can have a good opinion, and anyone can talk complete shit. age does not effect that.

• Age on this site can be a severe deceiver. Most people on here young or old know their stuff and affiliations. What I look for on here is xper level

• An opinion is an opinion regardless of age. Some are well founded, but most are garbage... Some people have streaks of well founded opinions followed by nonsense and emotional blurbs. Real people shift all over the place on here day to day. They have their good days and their bad days. I can respect certain people's opinions over time even if I think they are wrong, because after a while I have a sense of who they are...

• People my age and slightly older are most reliable in my opinion

• @Maxmeister is 15 and knows more shit than half the people on here. And on here, it's doubly true that stupidity knows no age 😂

• depends on the topic and how they form their sentences. A couple of Gagers with pictures of their biceps , are unhelpful and quite annoying!

I noticed that too actually, but some of them are pretty helpful on the Health and Fitness topic.

haha even on the health and fitness, they say stupid nonsense. I honestly can't even repeat what they wrote cause it made no sense.

• Age doesn't matter, I don't take anyone here seriously.

• Honestly, I don't even look at the age I look at the opinion.
    There are people much younger than me that have provided me with amazing answers and people who are much older that have given shitty answers.
    It's all about life experience, not age.

• 5 years old :v
    Come if they have an opinion... and it makes sense... I'll listen... I don't care what age you are... wisdom knows no age.

• Age don't matter there are some really smart intelligent kids on here.

• Age doesn't matter, one of my friends here is like 13 or so

• People have to be at least in their 20s to be taken seriously... especially in questions that require some experience

• Most under 18s on my questions have been trolls, I can only recall one or two that were actually helpful.

• If someone gives a good point I don't care how old they are.

• Age doesn't matter, only smarts

• I tend to take females under the age of 25 less seriously.

• Actually, your age and up

• AS OLD AS ME

What Girls Said 3

• I never pay attention to the age when I read stuff. I normally only notice it until after I finish commenting and reading. XD

• Age doesn't matter to me when it comes to their opinions.

• Age is just a number. There are under 18 gagers who give good answers such as @RainbowFanGirl.