Why do people assume you're sucking up to the opposite sex?

If a guy says something good about women or negative about men he's a white knight.

If a woman says something good about men or negative about women she's ass kissing?

Why do people's idiotic brains only have one frame of thinking? Maybe some people aren't blinded by their vaginas to think all women are innocent. Maybe some people have had bad experiences with their sex or find the majority on the website to be of little worth. Df does sucking up to someone have to do with someone's views?

Most Helpful Guy

• Depends on the context and the relationship between the person or persons. Look no further than the "how do I look" section. You'll see a chick sling how she looks. She's borderline morbidly obese, yet you see like 20 dudes saying how they don't like skinny chicks/love fat chicks, saying how she's not fat and really sexy out how typically "beautiful girls" are overrated, etc. You see it all the time on here. The idea typically behind people calling people out about being a fuckboy or white knight or whatever term you wanna throw out is based on a huge discrepancy between what the majority sees as attractive and what the individual sees

Now, the counter will obviously be that beauty is in the due of the beholder and we don't know reply know what each individual likes. To that I harp back to my original premise that it depends on the relationship and contact of each person has with the other

Most Helpful Girl

• no one thinks like that

this is the first time I am hearing it

• Maybe you don't say unfavorable things about females and in spite of it being the truth angry bitter women don't come harping down your throat.

What Guys Said 9

• I think though, at least it was the intention to use these terms who say these things, that are clearly sucking up to the other gender, when its painfully obvious they are wrong. Like say if a lady says some pretty messed up racist stuff or whatever, and a guy or guys come to her defense, even when its painfully clear that she's a horrible, sexist, racist person or whatever. That was kinda what the "white knight" thing was for at least, people who defend just plain shitty people.

but these days again its used for anyone defending women or anyone who simply dont want to generalize or agree with a generalization. Basically again, I been called white knight for not agreeing every girl is a bitch or not agreeing that "all women" behave this way or that way, which to me is just brain dead thinking.

Anyways, in my opinion if anyone can't see or accept the shitty sides of either gender, they need to get off their gender horse either way.

• Who knows? All i know is out there in the real world, men and women get along fine lol. Plenty of chips on shoulders around here.

• I feel like guys suck up/ are whipped wayyyy more than females. When I hear people complimenting each other , its just showing interest. But when a guy says something negative, it feels like he is fueling his own insecurities by putting the other men down.

• I mean I can see that but not all cases is something like that the reason. Perhaps there are men who have a general distaste for the general male population of gag and same for women. I'm certain whatever they're saying should hold some form of truth. Their opinions shouldn't be discredited for that.

• Yeah? well FUCK BOTH GENDERS... how bout that? :v
    Look, I love women... won't suck up to them tho... if your a bitch I'm telling you that to yo face. If you a White knight I shall speak in old English to you while you bang your head on your keyboard raging.

I just don't give a fuck when it comes to stuff like that... if you sexy I'm telling you that too.

• Because we don't have free agency, group thought prevails and there are enough social movements dividing the genders *cough cough feminism*, and others that cause us to be mistrusting. I'm pretty much done dating American women because of it. Perhaps I've been influenced, perhaps my mistreatment by women from birth has spurred my thoughts, either way, your question scratches the surface of a very deep societal problem.

• Are you talking about white American women? I'm not trying to be racist or anything but when people bring up the issues you have it seems it's always white American women they're talking about. I'm Puerto Rican and Jamaican but born in the U. S. most of my friends are from the islands as well, we're all Caribbean girls and none of those behaviors are present among us and those we know that aren't white American.

• Omg I say that all of the time! I'll hear men complain about how women have treated them over the years and I have to say women can be downright evil. Something I always suggest is looking for a woman who has a good relationship with her father and the men in her life. A woman like that tends to value and appreciate men and she knows how to keep them happy. A lot of girls and guys that come from single mother homes tend to have issues.

• Agreed, it makes preventing unwanted pregnancies even more important so that children are born into functioning families rather than how so often it happens.

• People are too quick to assume things

• Because the idea of "teams" is strong in American culture.

• Lol when people say "there's no I in team" to try to get me to do something stupid 'I' like to respond with, "yeah but there's a 'me' in team and that's what I'm looking out for." Guilt tripping is for the weak. >_>

• No don't say that. Don't be a walking doormat for people. You've got to learn when to take a stand for yourself.

• I'll practice somewhere.

• the internet is just a warzone for this stuff.

• They dont respect peoples opinions

What Girls Said 0