Do you respect people because of the editor status, guru, and/or master?

@SlightlyCrazy and I are curious.

Most Helpful Guy

• Nope. Editor status just means cranking out myTake after myTake and after only a few the ability to have original thoughts or write well about everything disappears and the articles are usually less that great. And although some Gurus gained that through a long time of answering a lot of people's questions with well thought out opinions, many are just people who have lots of time and answer one question after another with "I don't know", "Maybe", "I think so", "Hmmmm", etc. Nothing there to respect.

Most Helpful Girl

• I never pay attention to those statues and respect people due to what they say.

Getting those statues is easy as hell and nothing you say or do has to be good at all. Just needs to be something that gag would eat up and have people raging but doesn't break guide lines.

Most myTakes aren't interesting enough for me to want to fully read them. Since majority of the topics are never on subjects I find interesting. Though since this is gag majority of people wouldn't care to write that kind of thing.

What Guys Said 39

• Being a Guru and Editor are high honors of status. I personally let people know about my status as Guru and Editor on gag when I go out to clubs, girls basically do back handsprings into my bedroom after that

• Not at all. Being a guru or master just means you have been here for a long time and that you have asked/answered lots of questions, it has nothing to do with the quality of your content.

Same with the editor status. There's lots of people here with that status that have only written shitty Takes.

• Nope not at all, the individual makes the title, not the other way around.

• Ha. No. It just means they write a lot. And probably not very good ones, most of the time. Shit, I write essays on here all the time--I put a fair amount of effort into it; but I don't expect anyone to respect me for it or some arbitrary title.

• No - I might know them more on the site but it is their content and personality I judge first and your label doesn't necessarily affect that - Maybe on things like knowledge of the site I might pay them a little more attention because of their activity on the site they know more about it - Let's face it there will be good users and bad users at level 1 and Master level, Editors, Male/Female, White/Black/Asian/Arab etc, Christian/Muslim/No religion etc, Straight/Gay/Bi etc, LiberalConservative/Right/Left etc (You get my drift)

• It just means they write a lot of takes or that they've been here for ages.

That just means I'm more likely to remember the name if I see it again.

• No.

Titles are meaningless. I judge based on what the individual is saying.

• Those statuses are completely meaningless. It's pure volume. I really don't see how some people can get to guru so fast. They must spam like crazy.

• Sometimes yes but more so no really. Like I know the users who I really trust as giving a thorough opinions on a question like @redeyemindtricks or @Stacyzee

• Moderator: I almost always treat them the same way I would any other Gagger as I don't see any correlation between whether or not a Gagger is a mod and the quality of their opinions. The only time I see the Mods' opinions as holding greater weight is when they answer questions regarding the rules.

Guru: Just because someone is a Guru doesn't mean they have good opinions. Someone can have just average opinions and eventually attain Guru status just for being here long enough.

Master: Same as for Guru.

Editor: I respect these people more as MyTake creators than question answerers because it means they make more well written MyTakes. But that's really where it ends.

• Not at all, i used to when i was new until i found out it was just a often online thing.
    Most of the things editors write i find generic and bland.

It would have ment something to me if these people where actually very good at there subjects and hand picked, rather then just online a lot.

• I have a love-hate relationship with editors. I feel like they are only editors because of politics and that they have an unfair edge over others in contests. Hence why I have refused to apply as one despite having more quality and featured Takes than most of them combined. At the same time, some of the greatest users on here are editors. But I respect them not because of their editor status but in spite of it.

Gurus and masters are really cool and I have a lot of respect for them.

• Only in the beginning, now I care more about mho ratio.

• No. I often read things before I even look at the username and judge the written based on what is written and not some artifical e-fame.

• That's not what I respect people on. I respect for the way they act on here. I have no respect for this one guy with a guru status.

• Not at all. I only respect a total of four people in my real life and it took years for those people to gain that from me. I have a sense of admiration for you and @apple24 but that is as far as it goes on here.

• Yeah at first there is more of a respect then a reg user

• it just means you talk a lot or you´ve been here for a while. it says nothing about the quality of your contributions. i could just paste the text "dickbutt" under every question in the history of gag and i´d be master.

• Eh, yes and no. I give people the time of day regardless of status, but I do pay attention to Gurus and up more frequently because they tend to write more detailed responses/takes/questions.

• No, that stuff doesn't mean anything to me. I've met trolls here with those. No, I respect people just in general.

• Nope. They have way too much time of their hands and usually have a PC view of the world without much real world experience.

• Yeah. Like guys on here post about caring about women's numbers of partners and waiting months for sex, and I've just nvr really seen any of that irl.

• @SlightlyCrazy may be a little crazy tho 😂

I'm respectful to everyone tbh. What I say "Don't be a dick, and I like you!" But if you're saying like real RESPECT, then no... they still have to prove it and show that they deserve it.

• No, I rarely notice most times

• I do. Respect levels go: Master, then Guru, then editor.

• Not for the level we're at but us as the person.

• I have no idea.

• nope i dont.

• Should I?
    Cause I don't :P
    Do you?

• I have seen many masters, guru who are stupid

• I always did

• More from Guys
    9

1 private opinion(s)
Only the asker and the opinion owner can see it. Learn more

What Girls Said 26

• No, I don't. It's neutral. The amount of time and effort someone puts into one website does not gain my respect. However, I don't disrespect them. They're simply a user with a higher title. I agree with coolbreeze2 on the dedication part, but the respect levels are still neutral.

• Guru and master just mean you've been here far too long lol
    Editor, eh. I have no clue why certain people are editors as they're takes are garbage.

There's also plenty of shitty mods. I have no clue who the hell appoints/chooses these people, but they definitely fucked up.

• Look up to with respect? Of course I do. Everyone deserves to be respected regardless of rank.

Look up to with reverence? Only if they're worth the admiration. No offense.

• I actually do. Being a editor most likely means you're smart (writing a lot of promoted educational takes) A guru or master means you're not some troll, you actually have dedication on this which I think is great.

• LMFAO

• Nah. Those are all based of xper or how many takes you post.
    Could be meaningless opinions and stuff that make up their ranking (only speaking from experience) lmfaooooo

• No, I respect those who respect my opinion, questions, and Takes. I couldn't care less about your status on here.

• The only thing I would say is that I would expect people to be nicer when commenting to mods or admin just on a subconscious level. I noticed that since I became a mod a few days ago, a lot of people who were previously rude, smug, and completely disgusting in their comments towards me all of sudden act like they have a halo now.

• Would been a good question for a poll babe.

Short answer: hell nah. 🙋

• Nah, they don't mean anything extra to me.

• I respect everyone on this site equally. Gurus, Editors and Master are not above me in life, also its just a site.

• Status means nothing on GAG. One of the worst I have come across on here was an Urber Mod with Guru status.

• respect... more like intrigue. i wanna get to their lvl

• Not particularly. Guru and Master are just Xper levels. Editors write a lot of MyTakes (which are not necessarily good ones). I don't believe there's a lot to respect there. You can be here for a long time and be a fucking idiot.

• It can mean they have a lot of time on their hands. Which I wish I had.

• People are just meatbags to me.

• nah not really. Unless they have good opinions like @Redeyemindtricks

• No, I always value people based on their responses or the questions they ask.

• dont even see it

• hahaha no of course.
    They must deserve my respect in other ways.

• I don't respect anybody

• no lol

• Nope, I don't think I even notice those things 😂

• Nope
    It depends on the individual

• no I doesn't even notice the majority of the time

• Not in the least. I respect them for what they say, no more, no less.

• I respect everyone equally