Are the admins hypocrites?

I just found out that being sexist is no longer forbidden by the terms of use. Apparently, it's still against the rules to harass people based on their race or ethnicity, but we still know that happens. What gives? Do you not actually care about keeping the community from being harassed? Or does people (and especially women) being harassed increase your traffic so much that you have decided it's all good because it brings you money?

Most Helpful Guy

• I feel that everyone discriminates against everyone on this website and no one (or very few people) give any fucks.

I reckon the admins conspire to keep users on this website so they can generate ad revenue rather than kick them off (temporarily or permanently) and lose potential business. It would be fair enough if this were a business providing a product and service, but this website is more of a forum where people can share and discuss ideas and opinions. That is really unfair on the community as a whole, especially for those who come to hang out with like-minded people and people with different or opposing ideas.

Something really needs to be done about it, before the community is destroyed by perverts, paedophiles, assholes and cunts.

Virgin hunters, "alpha" males, Islamophobes, homophobes, Trump supporters, xenophobes, etc.

Do you realize that you're contradicting yourself? You say this site is about discussing ideas, especially different or opposing ideas, but you support her desire to silence anyone with those different or opposing ideas.

Let's face it, the truth is sexism just means 'anything that some woman, somewhere, doesn't like or disagrees with'.

There is nowhere in realspace, and damn few places online, that men can disagree with or say anything critical of women. The cries of "Muh soggy knee!" get trotted out post-haste. White knights swarm, women play the victim card, and everything gets blown out of proportion.

'To learn who rules over you, find out who you are not allowed to criticize.'

@Barrabus_the_Free you know nothing, Jon Snow.

Most Helpful Girl

• They absolutely are. And this isn't some "Weh I'm not a mod anymore bitter bitter wah wah" nonsense. I've even said it before. GaG uses the exploitation, discrimination, and sexualization of women to build their website.

Do you think it's a coincidence that recent changes in how myTakes are administered include promoting rape advocates and rampant sexism? Do you think it's coincidence that the rules regarding HDIL posts allow for increasing nudity and sexualization of children? Does it come as a surprise that GaG promotes questions that do things like call women whores for working out of the home?

GaG markets itself and has built itself by depending on the compassion and help of women, but now they can't even give us the basic protection that being born with the wrong set of genitals demands. We are what makes this site a community and instead of doing something about the harassment and abuse we receive via private messages, they give the harassers another outlet in the form of private comments! GaG administration only cares about women to the point of how they can exploit us next and the changes to the ToU make that *blatantly* clear.
    media.giphy.com/media/poYJdAuM963p6/giphy.gif

What Guys Said 16

• I was never a fan of putting labels on things - I find the drop down list very ineffective - You come across posts that are quite innocent and come across but you look at them and you realise they are baiting questions to encourage (insert group) hating - I would like to see a text box appear for reporting a post and you could send a message to admin stating your fears.
    As to your question, I don't think they are selling out, I get the feeling they are like King Canute who tried to stop the rising tide only to find it can be done by a person. A too safe, overly regulate site will lose its popularity very quickly and while I would love a safe, positive, caring site - I don't want to be stuck on it with 2 boy scouts and 3 girl guides - I just create my own safe place on the site usually by staying away from the controversial stuff.

• Do not fool yourself thinking that anything done is not for money. This generation worships money. We have made it the beginning and the end.
    If bullshit makes money better put your boots on.

It seems like a fair community has better long term prospects than a shit hole though.

• Prohibited Activities and Content include, but are not limited to, in the sole discretion of GirlsAskGuys;
    - uploading, posting, transmitting, sharing, storing or otherwise making publicly available content that contains nudity, violence, or offensive subject matter, or is offending, harmful, defamatory, threatening, unlawful, infringing, abusive, inflammatory, harassing, vulgar, obscene, fraudulent, invasive of privacy or publicity rights, hateful, or racially, ethnically or otherwise objectionable; - harassing or intimidating another person;

Harassment is literally against the terms of use. You really don't have a point, you just wanted to whine that the word sexism isn't there because whining about that is what your life centers around.

And yet sexist content is allowed to stay up on the site.

@BellePepper 😂😂😂

• Harrassment is against the rules so, The way I see it, as long as they don't go around targeting specific people its allowed to stay up,
    I abhor sexism but assholes are going to be assholes you know

The funny thing is that this question has been hidden twice and reinstated twice. They're just looking for any reason to take it down, but there's nothing that violates the guidelines.

• From what I've seen, things that are truly over the top where sexism is concerned get removed, while some other things, while being offensive to a few, may not be offensive to others. The problem with issues like this is that a lot of people feel like they have a right to not be offended by certain points of view/opinions. That isn't how life, let alone the internet works. I prefer dealing with these matters on a case by case basis to see for myself if something is actually sexist or not, and that is my expectation of how other mods/admins would deal with such matters.

Except in most cases, they show very very clear favouritism for men. Like did you see the take about how no one should date American women? One of the points was because you're not allowed to beat them.

The culture of this place is why I left the second time. I might leave a third time just because.

Do you feel like questions that say things like "women only want to work so they can fuck their bosses" are offensive or no?

• there are people who do nothing but shit talk gaggers not gonna name any of them because i dont want to be annoyed with them but yeah iv noticed the ones that shit talk or are racist or sexist tend to be guru's or masters which fucks with me.

• We don't need more nanny daycare censorship policy. If you can't handle what someone else has to say then block them.

Maybe what you need is to learn how to be a good person.

That's not what you said. You said you want to shield people. Who says people who keep breaking rules arwn't banned. How serious are the rules that are being broken? It's funny you don't seem to be aware that there is a double standard. There's only been one person to tell me to kill myself on here. And it was a she. Who claimed she was against racism and sexism. Funny how that works.

By the way imagine how sexist you would think I was if I said run along little girl. Yet you told me to in the same condecending way

• The problem is that some people define "sexist" so broadly that disagreeing with there opinion is sexist, as is presenting a counter argument for certain things. Such as the wage gap, is arguing that the wage gap a myth sexist? Some might say that it is, even though the evidence points to it being myth. So rather then get into that argument, it's easier to just change the policy.

Would you consider a topic like... "Women only go to work so they can suck their bosses' dicks like the sluts and whores they are" good and fair content or bad content?

@BellePepper of course not, and I have called people on questions like that.

Really so that's bad and wrong? So then why is it okay for the admins to not only feature that question but promote it? Because that's the type of shit we're complaining about when we talk about the sexism on this site.

• As far as I see it, the harassment is all over the place for everyone.
    This sites purpose is to have people come together and share ideas.
    Admins are not responsible for individual assholes.

They could be doing more to remove bad content (like takes about beating women not being featured on the front page) and punish users who have been shown to break rules as laid out in the terms of use.

But not for the community. What is more important - money, or retaining the community?

Ha, money.
      The community will NEVER leave. It's the human condition and this place profits from it.

• Wait, you mean to tell me that men can speak their minds, even say things critical of women, and not necessarily be immediately silenced?

Oh, the horror.../sarc

Do you agree with letting people harass other people on this site and following them around to other sites where they threaten to murder the persons friends and family?

• "Or does people (and especially women) being harassed increase your traffic so much that you have decided it's all good because it brings you money?"

Especially women? The biggest misogynists in the world are other women. And since I can't post links, there's a study on Breitbart saying that 50% of the abuse women get on Twatter is from other women. Google it.

And that's just Twatter, a small portion of social media. What do you think the numbers are for the rest of it?

Source?

Nope. That is your job as the person presenting an argument.

You can post links as an xper 2 normally and above, but as an xper 1, you can post links for this in a sense... You just need to rework the url.
      Like putting www (.) blahblahblah (.) com /extrastuff
      Instead of the original URL link.

• You're part of the problem. Everyone wants to be the victim.

"Or does people (AND ESPECIALLY WOMEN) being harassed..."

Why especially women? WOMEN insult each other and give each other more grief than men could ever hope to give them.

Do you have evidence for that claim, darling?

Again, this is YOUR post. You're the one writing an article with the evidence coming out of your ass. You owe everyone reading this article evidence. I don't owe you a thing :) so quit being a smart ass and go find that proof to what you've written in your article.

Honey, this is a question, not an article. You absolutely owe me proof.

• The oppression Olympics are in full swing, and your case is, as per the typical feminist, non-existent

You're gonna need some proof

Kind of hard though, when you make it all about women ("and especially women."), which is sexist

• Are you complaining about moderators or admins?

Do you know what powers each group has?

The admins, darling. I know perfectly well that they are the ones who make the real decisions.

• what you mean?

• This question will be taken down sooner or later.

What Girls Said 6

• If GaG outlawed being sexist they would have no business...

• I've noticed that too. They promote sexist MyTakes (sexist against both women and men) faster than I can report/hide them. Questions and answers that bash men or bash women are hidden, but then many are put back up by the powers that be (I've noticed that and so have others).

Apparently racism is now acceptable here as well, although it does get removed at some point. Questions that are racist against anyone who isn't white are removed promptly but if they're racist against white people, they stay up for a long ass time before being deleted, if they're ever deleted at all. I recently hid a post by an older guy (over 45) who equated interracial relationships to bestiality, but it was put back up like 2 hours later.

When I signed up 7 years ago, the mods and admins were really no nonsense. The posting guidelines were strict and the ToS upon registration was serious business. I was invited to become a moderator about 3 years ago, by the old admin team (Sparrow24 et al) and it was shortly before the major overhaul of the whole website. It's still a site that I enjoy participating in, but it's a far cry from what it used to be. There's only a handful of OG members left here, including myself.

• Lol I won't name any names, but there is a certain mod who is Uber i believe is a fan of either fruit or the competitor of Android, and is a raging sexist. He's always posting bitter rants against women and even mentioned he specifically joined the mod team because he was tired of "favoritism of women". Gee, so saying"all women are gold digging whores" and having it removed is so bad.

Then, there's guys here who have the audacity to say being racist against blacks makes them "good guys". Literally. He said refusing to date women to date black men qualified him them as "good men".

FFs. I'm so sick of the sexism, misandry and misogyny. Western women, women working blah blah blah. If you hate women who you can't beat them in "their place" so much, go to Saudi Arabia or some shit. Oh wait, no, they hate Muslims too.

• I'm pretty sure sexism is what keeps gag going. Guys opinions vs girls opinions IS sexism at its core and while many guys are ignorant pigs, it does help to highlight gender differences.

I think though that we could have more meaningful discussions if there weren't so many men who were always desperate to prove that all women are evil she-devils sent to impoverish men and deprive them of their one real right, sex.

I agree that there are those kind of tool bags here but I feel the most meaningful conversations occur when there isn't sensorship or stifling of ideas. Even if some of the ideas are just pathetic rants against women. I especially like when (more enlightened) men call out their less informemed gender members on their ignorance. besides, when I come across an over the top ignoramus that can't absorb rational concepts, I just bock.

I don't think it's censorship to remove actually offensive and dangerous content.

• The site is called Girls Ask Guys. There's going to be some sexist things said, it's a bit unavoidable.

Plus, sexism is a little hard to prove. Unless someone explicitly says, "You're a dumbfuck just because you're a woman", there's not much an admin could do about it. That falls under Offensive behavior. So sexism in itself didn't really disappear, but you can't report someone just because people think their are gender roles. If that was the case, there wouldn't be so many feminism Takes because men could claim those to be sexist as well.

You mad that I'm stealing your MO from you sweetheart?

Okay, now I have no idea what you're talking about. I just asked for proof, which you can't provide.

• Yes. Yes they are