Is this opinion so bad that it should have been banned by moderators?

Someone (not me) wrote this today in response to a question about the lack of traditional manly men in today's society and it was quickly removed by a moderator. Is it really so bad that it should have been censored? XXXX_XXXXX 7 Xper Age: 22 mho 12% Any type of masculinity seems to be shamed these days. Drive a truck.. small dick. Shoot guns.. small dick.. workout.. overcompensating.. Military service.. ignorant. Assertive.. cocky.. Confident.. arrogant. There has been a significant decline in testosterone with the younger generation in comparison to our grandparents. I blame that and radical feminism. Men don't know how to act anymore because everything is being shamed. We now live in this deluded society where women want to act like men and men are acting like women in response. It makes everyone miserable as fuck. It's a fucked up world lmfao.

• NO, it's just his opinion, let him voice it
  • YES, it's misogynistic and hateful to women
  • UMM, it's right on the line. Not sure
  • Too lazy to decide. Just show me results

Most Helpful Girl

• That post was likely removed because it was more of a rant against men than anything else. I don't see any sort of question pertaining to the information that was listed in it.

GaG is not a site to be used as a medium for diary entries. Its intention is for people to get their questions answered, without preceding the question, if included, with a paragraph or two that is offensive to any group.

The question was why the lack of old-fashioned manly men and he answered it, listing what he believes are the reasons (shaming of behaviour, decline in testosterone). Whether that's right or wrong, what group is it offending? Vast majority is saying it's not offensive.

Most Helpful Guy

• No reason to ban/remove that one, but experienced that myself many times on this site. The police mentality is off the chart. Say something too intelligent, banned. Speak in imagery, banned. Be funny, banned. Its honestly more likely that you won't get banned if you just say something straight up offensive, which also ironically. If someone say something insulting to you or name call you or whatever, if u dare to name call back, you get banned too, but the instigator get free pass. So I guess its all about insulting people first? I dont know, but its so fricken stupid anyway. And im pretty sure this question will get removed too, dont want anyone to question their authority.

What Girls Said 2

• I was waiting for something misogynistic, but nope, it's just a normal opinion.
    Maybe the mod didn't like the tone of the post.
    Who knows?

• Why do you feel the need to be concerned With someone else's opinion? It's their advice, their understanding. Too much negativity on this site... why can't we all just get along 👺

We can't all get along because many people resort to insults and derision when someone doesn't agree with them.

What Guys Said 5

• I suspect it was removed because it was placed under questions but was not a question. It sounds like it should have been a myTake. I had something similar removed, and that was before they had myTakes so I did not have any place to put it.

• I don't see how any rules are being contravened - It is an extreme view but I have seen extreme views from the other side too - I am all for creating a productive middle ground but you can't do that by excluding people who express differing views - The lines have to be when people cross over to invective or abuse - The above opinion is just a rant - I am sure I have had a few rants on here about things.

• I advocate the voicing of opinion even if it's bad so that it can actually present what people are actually thinking. So I voted A, I think GaG can be misleading place to new users because a lot of opinions here have been moderated therefore it can be quite one sided ad whole... Anyway that opinion is not even that bad. I don't agree with it but damnnn moderators be moderating...

• While I don't agree with what he is saying, as long as it was somehow related to the topic at hand, I don't see any problem with it.

• I dont fully agree with him but it shouldn't have been banned
    Listen there plenty of other dumb shit we have to listen to hear that doesn't get banned
    This is just the tip of the iceberg