Does anyone else agree with me that G@G should remove the option to report serious and thought provoking questions for being "offensive"?

Note that I said serious questions. Then again the offensive report option would still be useless because there already is a trolling report option.

Most Helpful Guy

• I believe just let it go and handle things on our own and there should only be a report option for non stop spammers. All e fights should be left in our own hands and if we have to battle no one should have there account frozen or be kicked off of the site. I was on a site like that before

What Girls Said 4

• What good would come from GaG removing 'serious, thought provoking' questions? Are you saying that you believe this site should become exclusively for trolls/spammers?

G@G already does remove serious thought provoking questions because a few butthurt people decided to be "triggered" by it. That's what this question is actually about, anyway.

People should be able to post whatever they want as long as they aren't trolling or they aren't attacking an individual member of the site. Generalized statements like the ones you mentioned, annoying and hurtful as they may be, shouldn't be removed just because women don't like them. If they are clearly troll takes then, yes, take them down. But if they are serious, they shouldn't be taken down because they aren't attacking one particular person. Girls post things that piss guys off all the time and the female responses normally just boil down to "Lol, look at these butthurt guys." Ever think about that? You imply in your reply that Takes picking women apart shouldn't be commented on because "patriarchy." If I see a Take like that and I agree with it, I'm gonna comment on it. So, I ask in earnest curiosity, who's oppressing who now?

Posts picking anyone apart shouldn't be permitted. There's no sense in them other than to stir up drama and be a way for people who are bitter af to bitch about how they feel. That's what diaries are for.

• Uh... what was the question that was asked?

• No. I don't.

• If its offensive its offensive, whether its serious and thought provoking or not doesn't matter.

What Guys Said 4

• I am a Super Moderator and there is not currently an option for removing questions because they are serious and thought provoking. I'm not sure why you would believe that there is.

There is no reason to remove a post by a troll just because he or she appears to be a troll. Questions are removed because they have offensive content, attack other users, and other reasons.

If you have any questions about posts being reported or removed, please feel free to message me or any other Admin or Moderator. You can find the list of moderators in the Moderators sub-menu in the Help section.

Not for being serious and thought provoking. I don't think that serious and thought provoking questions should be removed just because some people might get offended by it.

Obviously, there are judgment calls to be made as to what constitutes offensive. But what constitutes a "thought provoking" question would also involve a judgment call. On a site where there are many nationalities and cultures participating, minimizing the friction between users becomes a priority.

Keep in mind also that ONLY ADMINS can delete questions. Super and Uber moderators can only "hide" them for review. And while there is a "report trolling" option, there's NOT an option to hide a question simply for being a troll. In fact, we are not supposed to hide questions just because we think they're simply trolling...

• No because when a question is reported, it still has to be vetted by admin to decide whether to remove it or not also it is the reverse of censorship here who decides what is "serious and thought provoking"?

• The removal process is done by a human who supposedly actually reads the case. Supposedly.

• Removing the option? Of course not. We should have the option to report anything. They shouldn't act on it, that's all. Assuming the question is indeed not offensive.