Who thinks there should be an edit/delete options for "your" post/reply?

• Yes- I think it would be good to have
  • No- there is no need, the posts that are messed up are funny/entertaining
  • results/other- I don't have an opinion on anything;-P

Most Helpful Girl

• YES!

I posted something in error recently, wishing I could delete or edit it. You should only be able to edit it within like 10 minutes and ONLY your original opinion.

NOT replies.

lmao, ya that was uhm... yeah i agree with your idea about a 5 min window for typos etc.

I can see not being able to take a poll selection back.. but if you posted something in error... you can always post a reply to your's? Like I did before I made this poll. I thought I posted to the wrong topic.. but I actually didn't and had to make a retraction... for my retraction OOPS;-)

@Asker - I posted on "what does your voice sound like" and posted a picture in error. So, I did post my voice under that but the original picture was still there.

There were at least half a dozen people that saw it. So, no, I stick with my original answer about the Opinion being editable not the replies.

& It's been removed because I asked it to be & explained to the Mod what happened.

Ty for MH ^-^

Most Helpful Guy

• I think so. I hate when I post my opinion/reply and than when reading it I notice a bunch of typos.

What Girls Said 8

• Both, but have a time limit on editing or have a "edited" box underneath like with someone asking a question updating it. And if people say it might cause trolls, well mod powers on plenty of other sites allow you to see if someones edited/deleted and what the original content was.

• I mean, I would like it overall, but I know why it isn't a feature. Trolls would use it to their advantage to try to bypass site rules. They could say something offensive and then change it quickly, pretending they said something completely different.

• There should be, but the option to edit your post should be open for just like 5 minutes after posting it. Otherwise the feature would get abused too much.

• Vote A... only for my typos :P

• Option to delete, yes. Open to edit no.

• nah, it's fine the way it is

• An edit option. With a small footnote that shows the post has been edited.

What Guys Said 6

• Definitely, I FUCKING HATE TYPOS. lol

• Yes, it's a great idea, because of numerous typos.

• I would like it but do understand why it is not allowed - Say you made a safe question and got 10 people strongly agreeing with it then (being a troll) changed your question to make it horribly controversial, the ten comments that strongly agree will still be there on a horrible statement.

• I think we should be able to edit our responses. I think moderators should be able to see edit history. And instead of deleting the post, I think it should just be hidden from regular users.

• I say no, make people accountable for what they post. Otherwise people would post mean fucked up shit, then remove it all.

The potential for corruption is way too high! :-/

Well I think if they brought back the "thumbs Down" option and have the post deleted/hidden if it got a lot of negatives (like on reddit) it would be better. It would give the GAG community to have a say/police the website.

• Yes- I think it would be good to have
    73%
    (16)
    86%
    (12)