Why do people keep asking this?

About, "Why would people ask this question?" "Why ask things you can google?" "Why comment if you don't know?"

Are people truly that stupid they truly don't know why others do that? Do they not realize it's for the points that you can't get with google or by not giving some kind of comment?

• They never think about the points
  • They're dumb

Most Helpful Guy

• The first two for me are a need for communication, interaction I think - It is advertised as a community site so it is a online ice breaker for most - There are those who want to fight or shock but it is still the reaction they want - The third one, the points commentator, I think that just comes with the territory, I have no real problem with the latter, you can just gloss over their opinion it only takes a second, my life ain't that interesting that every second is accounted for - The fighters and trolls, I just ignore - The ice breakers, I will engage with them and if they enjoy my input, well and good,

Most Helpful Girl

• I think it's because you can find better answers from Google at times or because the question is so simple that it seems silly to ask here.

For example, if someone asks what the meaning of a word is, they're going to get a ton of the same answers from users instead of going to Google and figuring it out in a minute or two. Sure, you get points, but you can earn those just as quickly elsewhere on not so silly questions.

• Yeah I had people think my, "what color is you're brain." question to be silly. Though I did it to see how many people get it right because I did google it first. So then seeing what the real answer was, I didn't think most people would actually get it right. So it's turns out most don't get all 4 correct. Though most are probably just thinking what color a dead brain is instead of when it's alive.

• I saw that question. I think that's a cool question. :) That's different from just Googling because you wanted to see what others thought and maybe discuss what the actual colors are instead of just seeing what the colors are.

• Thanks for MHO!

What Guys Said 8

• I think they're just asking a rhetorical question. It's probably cause they're annoyed.

• How can I be witty and snarky without commenting on things for no reason?

• "Why ask things when you can google?" My question for those people is why are they even on this site to begin with?

• If all they do is ask questions that can be answered on google, I agree kind of dumb to be here. Now if they only do that sometimes, then most are doing it just for points.

• Well... I... dunno :v
    Some people are just lazy or just want to get some extra points thus... lazy... :v

• Straight up

• Pointless question

• They never think about xper points

• I don't know really

What Girls Said 3

• Because they're annoyed at how stupid of a question someone is asking like:

"Could I be pregnant?"
    -Df you asking that for? Take a pregnancy test and then you'll know. Nobody on here can you give you those answers.

• They must have never heard of Amazon gift cards

• They're just complaining.