Is GAG an American or an International site?

Honestly, I believe it’s American only.

I see how American holidays and celebrations are heavily advertised here, or the notorious Election of this year, but no word for other countries.

Wasn’t GAG supposed to be an international site? So why not any advertising for other countries as well? And ironically, the GAG’s creator himself is not American, but a Turk.

• American
  • International

Most Helpful Girl

• GAG headquarters is based in America and a majority of the user base is American which is why a lot of emphasis and focus is on American holidays and events. However, we have members from all over the world who are more than welcome to post questions or myTakes about any of their countries significant events and holidays. :)

Most Helpful Guy

• It is just the numbers - I believe American count for about 50% of users and if you add in Canadians, it probably goes over 60% plus the US is probably the biggest influence in our lives outside that of our own country - I don't know if you have the time but I tend to be on the site several times a day for short spells but you do notice times when the site is Australian/Asian centric, European centric and North American centric.
    As I say about a lot of the content on the site just gloss over stuff and engage on the things that interest you. To answer your question it is an international site but sheer numbers push towards American content.

What Girls Said 11

• Lol it's sooooooo American.

Like fuck off with the American presidential election already. I don't care.

For the admins: either talk about other national holidays, or don't talk about any at all.

• It's international but I believe most people are around North America on here, with Europe being a close second based off what I've seen through previous polls.

• I think they should make a European version of GAG, and a Canadian version as well, since there are many Canadians here too. We have Turkish and Spanish already. This version caters American users more.

• But why separate the site? Only reason there is a Spanish and Turkish version is because of the different languages.

• What would be the difference in the Canadian version from the English version? Ads depend upon sponsers and cookies are used to target the individual.

From wikipedia: "There are three additional versions of GirlsAskGuys in other languages: KizlarSoruyor. com, a Turkish version launched in 2011; EllasSaben. com, a Spanish version launched in 2014, and then, most recently, in 2015 ElasSabem. com was created, a Portuguese version for Brazil."

• It is international but with this gag most people here are American since every thing here is in English.

• Americans don't own the market on English speaking~*~* 😉

• That's relative. You probably haven't met enough international people to make that claim for certain.

• @LaVilaine I'm just making that assumption due to how there isn't more people from around the world on this gag server vs people from NA.

• Most users are American.. so maybe that's the reason

• And a big amount of users are British (and Europeans in general), Canadian, Indian, and of course Turks. Don't they deserve any advertising about their celebrations, holidays and current events? Only Americans?

• Thanks!

• Asker just like every other site or company for that matter only want to promote American culture. They don't want people celebrating their own culture.

• I think it's international, otherwise I couldn't be here.
    The reason why you see so many things about the US is because the majority of users are American. So, it's normal.

• It's an international site, but there are many Americans here.

• The site creator is based in usa and not surprisingly the majority of users reflects that.

• GaG is an international site with servers located in the US.

• It's Turkish American

• international

• Mostly americans here that's why it's got so many racist people and views but yea it should cater to all, not just the americano's, good question.

What Guys Said 18

• It is mostly American, more Americans use it then any other nationality. But it isn't just this site, it is all sites, papers etc. The idea is have Americans non culture take over the world.

• It's international, haven't you seen the turkey questions lol

• It is a widely American website. The language is English, American values are the most widely discussed, etc.

• it's started by a turk... w/ a turkish version and a Spanish version.

that's why you see all the turk questions

• American site with international audience

• its international of coarse, but it largely consists of americans because that's who its marketed to. The Turkish version of the site has a majority turkish population

• It's actually Belgian, fun fact.

• Really? Who is Belgian from the Administration team?

• It's all hidden behind a mask. The Belgian authority runs deep - neither German nor French, they're the perfect infiltrators.

• Int'l

• Korea here

• I think mainly American but there are some international users like me, I'm British

• It is a international site, but a lot of users are from America.

• 0|0
  • all of the internet is owned by america

• Sadly it is.. USA 😁

• It's nice how American users keep saying most users are americans.

I'm not actually sure that's true. I think the majority are -not- americans. But there are more americans than any one other group. So they mention American holidays more than anywhere else.

• It is focused mainly on americans, and most users seem to be American

• American

• It's primarily owned by 13 year old American girls, but it's meant to be international. Bwahaha