Should I leave GAG?

GAG is becoming a non-friendly community. Its becoming really toxic and I've been in site again just for a month.
Am I the only one thinking this?

I swear when I first joined GAG it wasn't so toxic.

Most Helpful Girl

• Honestly I don't really let bad or negative people get to me because I know that what they say or do is a reflection of them and not me. I just try really hard to gain wisdom and understanding of life so that I can become a more loving, kind and thoughtful person to me and everyone else. I sometimes think I spend too much time on here and I need to leave for awhile. I need to become more quiet and just more aware of my surroundings. I like GAG because I can dump my thoughts but I think I need to just talk to myself more.

What Guys Said 24

• There's lots of toxicity here, but sometimes it's like a hole that sucks you in. It prevents you from living life. If life is going well, and you're actively engaging with it, then Gag will feel good. If not, then, well. All these things are a case of what one dwells on.

Yes, I completely agree with you. My life isn't go the best and I come here to let go of some steam, which there is a lot of negativity.

• I thought there was a bit of a dark phase in last while but I thought it was getting better. Over a couple of accounts I have been here about 16 months and there has been about 5/6 shifts in direction, some good, some bad - Best thing is take a step back and choose where you want to join in, the areas most positive to you.

• Noooooooooo, just stop taking it seriously and troll questions like I do. Its nice therapy!

• It has its ups and downs, but if you are constantly on it it does have its negativity so that's why I come and go

Yeah, I am planning on coming and going

Probably a good idea and it can help! It's certainly not a be on here every day type of website

• I think toxicity hits any site eventually. its when the good people leave that it becomes really bad. I guess you have to figure out if the good ones that are on here are worth staying for.

• When you take this site too seriously you wind up feeling the way you do now. Anyways this place is like a re-wind of high school.

• The less serious you take this site, the more fun it is

I'll try to take it less seriously. Thanks for the opinion

• Mel, I can't say I blame you. For me at this point, it's mostly about writing Takes. A lot of people here are either inexperienced in sex and life, or very experienced and just gross. If you want to leave, it's okay. I'll give you my email.

Yeah, im going to try to write mytakes. But yeah, I got your message already, I'll definitely email you :)

Thanks hun

• My dear... just ignore the retards and you'll be fine... making them wish they were never born is my job lol >:P

Let them cry under my feet... you go sip some coffee and relax ;)

• Please, I'll behave.. or at least try..

• No, DON'T LEAVE

• no dont leave.

• Your rose colored glasses broke. :)

Huh?

I'm saying that you were optimistic walking into this, and now not so much. :D Just like anywhere else on the planet with people, you'll have your good encounters and your bad encounters.

I see. Thank you for your words

• It hasn't changed tbh. I don't know why you make this so complicated tho, if you enjoy using this site then stay, if you don't then leave.

• Damn I feel it tho

• You should, I'm going to too. There is too much negativity and bitterness for me to not leave/

• It's probably my fault, sorry. I will tone it down a bit.

If you want to leave, then I will not stop you. It is ultimately your choice. Your input in GaG is greatly appreciated. Thank you for contributing to the community.

It wasn't your fault hun XD

• JSmuve is right in 2 days iv gotten like 3 women to admit they hate their husband/boyfriend and that they secretly want to cheat on them with their bestfriends! its a lot of fun lol

• Toxic? why? describe it.

People here are juat plain rude. With this account, I've been called unnecessary names while expressing my opinion. So that for me is toxicity that I don't need sir.

That's not good.

• You'll probably consider this comment to be "toxic" and "unfriendly" as well, but I get the feeling you're the sort of person who just wants to hear he thoughts and feelings repeated back to her in an echo chamber. If you can't handle disagreement, yes, I would suggest you leave.

I'd rather you stay because I'm curious about the opinions of people different than myself, but I will not coddle you.

Sir, I can handle disagreements. Hell, I was in the debate team in college. so I know how to handle them. Lol

Thw problem is when people start getting verbally abusive when you disagree with something of theirs and when they start calling you unnecessary names, thats when I want to stop this toxicity from entering into my life. There is a BIG difference with that sir.

• You can get vaccine if you induded toxic. Good luck

• aw, but id miss you too much

2 private opinion(s)
Only the asker and the opinion owner can see it. Learn more

What Girls Said 6

• Try not to take it seriously. That's when things become too much and they start affecting you personally. Take breaks if needed, though.

• It has always been toxic. If it's too much for you, leave. Not like you can't come back. There's always the option to return.

• I like GAG. Yahoo answers is worse 😊

• It's the internet, everything gets ruined sometime.

• You aren't doing this for attention right? But It has gotten worse. I've just learned to ignore it. I hardly answer any questions anymore. If you can't handle it then leave but don't let a bunch of idiots ruin it for you.

No I am not. Lol

But yes, I've been insulted here for expressing my opinion. Back in the day, it wasn't like this, it was more of a of a friendly community.

But you're right, I shouldn't let them ruin this for me

• Sure, if you want to leave then go ahead...