Is it considered spamming if I put under my posts the phrase “I am not American”?

I feel like I have to do it, because people here make assumptions very easily. Like the age. I always have to mention my age (25) in my posts somewhere because people might assume I’m 18 and I don’t want that.

Same with nationality. People here brand you an “American” very frequently even if you’re not one.

• Yes
  • No

Most Helpful Girl

• No, mentioning your age or nationality in your questions is not considered spam. If you feel like your age or nationality are important information to give when you ask a question, then you are free to include that.

Most Helpful Guy

• I wouldn't think so - It would have to be exact same phrase and there is an inbuilt block against that - If you write a different post each time but finish with I am 25 and not American, you will be fine.

What Girls Said 3

• Nah man, it's all good when it is relevant to the question.

• No, it wouldn't be spam as long as your actual responses to each question changes. If you were just posting "I am not American." as your opinion on every post, then that would be spamming.

• If it's not relevant to the question, then yeah it would be spamming.

For example:
    Q: What's your favourite colour?
    A: Orange. I'm not American.

What Guys Said 5

• So long as you put it in the description, I don't think there's anything wrong with it.

• You can't know: some gross insults are accepted by mods again and again, irony about contents can be removed at a wimp on Gag. You just can't know, it depends on the mood of the mod who happens to read it.

• You can just set your country on the profile and it will show up when moused over.

• Spamming, no. They're your post so it's not spamming, but it might come across as annoying, over the top, and/or presumptuous to others.

• You know you profile says you are 24 or younger right? Also why does it bother that people think you are American? I personally never think someone is a American here unless, they said they were or it is on their profile.

I'm 24 indeed, but in October I will be 25. It's ridiculous to say 24.