Do you trust users with pictures more than the ones with no picture of themselves?

Only exception: Users who have a high XP and who are kind of active

I find it hard to trust a user without their picture, (unless they've already shared on one of the questions or if in PM they showed you how they look like or if they had it at some point before taking it down etc...)
I'm much less likely to reply to users without their picture especially if they have a low XP because by experience most of the time they're creepy pervs who send you unsolicited D pics.

• I trust users with picture of themselves more (or if I already saw how they looked like and/or are active)
  • I don't trust them more
  • Other

Most Helpful Guy

• Well aside from one person, I don't really tak to anyone here about personal information.

Otherwise im. actually more suspicious of the girls who have fake looking profile pics and post a lot of sexual opinions. I actually busted one as being a 67 year old man 😅

eww lol xD was it Tortelina? haaha

eeek creep haha

Yup, he said he's been on the site for years and that posing as a hot girl helps people take his advice more seriously 😅

Most Helpful Girl

• Trust is earned, so I would agree with the high (er) XP.

I have noticed a lot more random "Can we talk" messages in my inbox lately. Unless they are someone I know or have chatted with before I don't even open them to delete the message. Plus, I don't think my guy would approve of me chatting with Mr. Random. Which is the exact reason I have a cartoon picture and not me.

A couple of years ago, when I was younger and qwhole lot more nieve I allowed my email to be easily accessible on another site, I used my real picture as my profile picture. Some days I would have 40 to 50 emails from "Mr. Random" telling me how pretty I was, or would I like to trade some pictures with him? I was so creeped out that I closed the account, then had to abandon the email address too because I kept getting email from "Mr. Random". It creeped me out so much that I just don't put my personal picture on any accounts gag or other. Sorry if someone doesn't like it but I'm not going through that again, ever.

What Guys Said 31

• Don't really think pics have anything to do with the trust level. It is nice and more comfortable to be able to fit a face to the words though...

• Kinda, depends on what.
    If they ask a weird question, I would probably think they're trolling, especially if they created their account today.
    If they message me and I've never seen them around, and they have no pic, then I wouldn't trust them. I still reply, but I would be more cautious.

But if they give great opinions, then I have no reason not to trust them.

• Yeah i do, i know it shouldn't matter, but there is just something more about interacting with a face rather than gag's default picture or an question mark lol.

• No. The picture makes you think that you know more about that person but it tells you nothing except for how they look... If they even use their pic and not some fake one.

I gain trust by talking to them and reading their stuff and not by the pic. If they have no pic and send me one privately which looks real then that helps much more building trust than having a profile pic

• How dare you! xD

• I would judge by their content usually sometimes when I get to know someone I like to see their pic but I understand why some don't.

• I don't interact with many people so I have minimal experience.
    Picture or no picture a stranger is still a stranger so I exercise the same degree of caution with everyone.

Oh and nobody needs to be graced with my ugly face.

• I don't trust anyone until they earn my trust, doesn't matter if they have pictures or not.

• its so easy to rip a pic off insta that you could argue that those with pics are just as likely if not more likely to be fake. look at it like this, if you wanted to create a fake profile would you not want to make it more convincing by posting a fake pic too? simple answer is, trust no one

• i trust people with at least a few different pictures as its easy to steal one and slap it up claiming its you

• i trust everyone until they give me a reason not to.

no pictures is an instant reason not to trust.

• Don't know about that. Trust have to be earned either way.
    The reason I don't use a picture of myself is that I am only really interested in debating, not getting to know someone personally. I am not giving out personal info, and I'll never ask someone else for theirs.
    So it's all good, I guess.

• Sounds about right. Don't mind me, I'm just a new guy that doesn't know anything.

• I distrust everyone equally.

• I don't pay attention to profile pics. I just trust them based on what they write.

• I trust them more. But I hardly have any trust for anonymous posters.

• I don't really care. I look at all of you skepticaly anyways.

• Yeah but it depends what their xper level is too.

• I don't trust anyone until I got to know about them
    Profile pics can be fake too

• You better trust me! :P

• All a picture really does is help put a face to a name.
    It's not like me putting up my picture will magically turn me into a saint lol

• I don't trust many at all.

• Not really
    I got by attitude

• I assume every chick on here has a dick, And every dude is a rapey creep bag!
    Except you <3 :P

• Generally A.

There was one user with a picture of herself who was a psychopath, though.

• You know it's the internet, everyone can fake anything.

• Some people are afraid of posting pics to avoid being stalked.

• No, I trust anonymous users the most, if they are anonymous they can be completely honest without worrying what anybody thinks

• All are same. User with their pics, user with fake pics, user with other pics, user who go anonymous.
    Many of most annoying users I've seen on this site had their own pic.

• Gag is full of imposters.

1 private opinion(s)
Only the asker and the opinion owner can see it. Learn more

What Girls Said 15

• Hot everyone on Gag, for instances, has a Pix, @ElissaDido and it mostly is a Trust Issue on their own end or some sort of Insecurity issue for Not Posting a Pix. I, myself, for example, change my own Pix to a cat sometimes or because I feel like being Colorful for awhile.
    The Ones I Follow or who are Following me who don't have a Picture But have Something to Say, are the Real Deal unless otherwise Stated with Proof in the Pudding.
    However, I do know a Few who have Posted a few Pix, have more than One account and have seen those "Pix" go with those 'Few' different Accounts... Wonder if they can be trusted?
    I have to admit though, I will not speak to a guy on a Dating site Without... Seeing who is in Sight of me First. That I don't care to do.
    Good luck and Great question. xx

• Honestly, if anything, I trust people who have pictures of people up less. Like it's just as easy to steal a picture of a cartoon cat as it is some obscure person ;p

At least when someone has a picture like mine you know it's not really them so it doesn't matter. But then again I am super bad with faces. Like wow. So bad XD

• I don't care if someone has pictures or not or never tells their name..
    This is an anonymous site (which is why I don't ask questions anonymously because you already don't know me).
    It's entirely a persons right to privacy and i don't care. I base my trust on a person by their attitude, how much they answer and the kind of answers they do.

• im just hear to talk so there's really nothing for men to worry about as far as someone not being who they say. whats the wort that will happen? nothing bc id never know. the way i see it either way they are sharing their thoughts and thats what im interested in. im not here to date. or make unitary donations,

having said that a picture would not boost my confidence in their authenticity. it would not lessen it either. it would have no impact. easy as fuck to fake a pic.

• I find it hard to trust users with 1 xper points and no pictures.

• "Only exception: Users who have a high XP and who are kind of active"

; ) :P

• idc about pics.. i trust nice users..

• Not at all, a lot of pictures are stolen anyways.

• For the most part, I'd agree with Option A.

• I just go by how they talk.

• Nope, same feelings for both

• I trust people online equally until I don't have a reason to.

• I like the users with profile photo, it just makes the advise more real and personal

• doesn't mean its their pic anyways. Ever heard of catfish?

• I don't care.
    But I've tested what you are asking and I found out that the majority of other people -if not all- have the same opinion as you.