Why do people comment opinions, "ANONYMOUSLY" LOL?

Updates:
Besides it being an available option?

0|0
14|24

Most Helpful Guy

What Guys Said 23

• A lot of people have just got into the habit of doing it mostly. There are a number of reason
    (1) Privacy
    (2) Trolling
    (3) Don't want to become known or get really involved interacting with others
    (4) Sensitive/Personal subject

2|3
    0|0
  • I asked a question one time, it was "do you use your phone with or without a phone case?" And people answered anonymously. Like wtf? It's a simple question.

2|0
    0|0
  • Because no one told them that a mature adult should stand behind their opinion, and face the consequences of it, whether positive or negative. It's your opinion, you should embrace it.

1|1
    0|0
  • To avoid retaliation when having different opinions.

1|2
    0|0
  • I don't do it often but when I do it's because it's a VERY controversial topic and/or opinion. If I feel I might very easily offend them or someone just by giving my opinion I might make it anonymous. I wonder more why sooo many questions are asked anonymously? Like, almost all of them.

0|0
    0|0
  • No idea. Not like we all know who everyone is, even if their profile is open.

0|0
    0|0
  • Usually it's because they know their opinion or whatever they are gonna send is shit and don't want it linked to their account.

0|0
    0|0
  • same reason someone blocks you when you try to discuss something with them and they have no argument. its a simple lack of conviction in what they claim to believe... oh and trolls

0|0
    0|0
  • usually to troll

0|1
    0|0
  • I don't.

0|0
    0|0
  • Protection

0|0
    0|0
  • well now that my face is invisible on my pic, im not going to be commenting 'anon', i'l comment as myself

0|0
    0|0
  • I like the anonymous posters.

0|0
    0|0
  • dno , dump pl

0|0
    0|0
  • I think they won't want show thier identity & shyness too.

0|0
    0|0
  • cuz I can, but I don't...

0|0
    0|0
  • So you can appear to be "Rosy" to others while still showing your "Evil" side... http://img08. deviantart. net/24f9/i/2003/38/a/2/devil_emoticon. gif

0|0
    0|0
  • Yeah I know right people who post anonymously are a bunch of bitches.

0|0
    0|0
  • well, why not?

0|0
    0|0
  • I used to only go anon on sensitive topics.

But after getting sucked into some bullshit with people I barely knew who were discussing me (and people they did know, and our interactions) I started being anon almost all the time

0|0
    0|0
  • To say the truth and not being an hypocrite. There are some questions I don't feel free to answer what I actually think since we live in an hypocritical world to go down well.

0|0
    0|0
  • LOL @ PEOPLE WHO COMMENT ANONYMOUSLY JUST LOL

0|0
    0|0
  • no idea, LOL

0|0
    0|0

What Girls Said 14

• Sometimes they don't want followers to see what they've posted.

It might be embarrassing (in their point of view) or just something REALLY personal.

0|0
    0|0
  • They want to troll. They have really personal opinions that they don't want their names attached to. They just like keeping their identify hidden.

0|0
    0|0
  • Because you allow them to do so instead of taking away the anonymous feature. Askers have the option to not accept private or anonymous responses before posting the question.

But, usually, it's for privacy but sometimes to prevent the asker from blocking them for having an unfavorable opinion. It's becoming a trend on here to block someone who disagrees with you and it's annoying. If you can't handle the answer, don't ask the question.

0|0
    0|0
  • Because a lot of people actually know eachother on here or they have 'met' on GAG. Hey, if I want my opinion to be private, it will be! It's better than having no opinion at all. GAG would be pretty empty if the anonymous option wasn't there.

0|2
    0|0
  • because its their choice

0|1
    0|0
  • Some do it because its a controversial topic or a sensitive subject while some are just rude trolls...

0|0
    0|0
  • Anonymous wants to laugh too.
    Don't be rude.

0|0
    0|0
  • scared to own their opinion i guess. Afraid of backlash

0|0
    0|0
  • BECAUSE

0|1
    0|0
  • Because they don't want to be responsible of their words.

0|0
    0|0
  • Because they want to?

0|0
    0|0
  • Because they have a choice to?

0|0
    0|0
    • Haha "no shit"

• I usually thought its cause they maybe wana talk shit, and act sarcasfic behind an anonymous link. I don't know though lol

• Because being anon is badass

0|0
    0|0
  • Shyness?

0|1
    0|0