Thoughts on Dislike button?

• its good
  • its bad
2mo I read all comments (at that time). Here's my viewpoint, if don't like it, hit that dislike button else you know.
It's not useful.
Bad post or comments or whatever, then nobody will like it hence 0 thumbs up and most likely people will respond with logic (if they respond) or pure amusing purposes 😂
We only give good material thumbs up, so it automatically filters out from trash.
Moreover dislike button will reduce hatred shown by some and unnecessary pointless nitpicking responses.
What about

Most Helpful Girl

• It has i npro's and con's. Mostly con's for this place because your opinion can be legit and very helpful, but the amount of ignorance (web racist) feminist who aren't really fem's, troll's here and cliques can hit the down vote just because they dislike you and etc. Pointless to me.

Most Helpful Guy

• I never cared about it one way or the other really. I think I've only ever used it once or twice but for the most part don't really regard it. It's sort of childish to me; just because you can vote somebody down doesn't change their opinion or make it untrue.

What Girls Said 11

• ugh it's back, lol
    I personally don't like it,

• Don't know why it's back. It creates more problems than it should.

• It's whatever to me, but I know many users were waiting for the downvotes to return.

• Thank goodness it's back! I love that button. I wish I could like the down vote.

• Omg!!! My little friend is back!! And I didn't even notice!! I'm gonna go use him 😯!! 😁😁!!!

• Took 'em long enough. But for me it doesn't make much of a difference.

• Great! Now I can be a passive aggressive cunt.

• I wish it would come back!

• Vote A. I'm all about anything that gives people a voice and an opinion.

• I think it's good and bad.

• It's kinda pointless but I don't mind it at all

What Guys Said 17

• 1. Ah JUST the point I have been making (had even asked a question on this loooong ago).
    2. A dislike button w/o having to give an explanation for it doesn't serve any purpose except being a punching bag for those that want to vent their frustration but do not know what and how to justify
    3. Nitpicking?
    3.1. If they violate the guidelines of GAG, go ahead and report them under the right category
    3.2. Ignore them ;)
    4. Well one person I know that likes the dislike button is my dear young humorous friend @YourFutureEx

- It does not really decrease the hate. Downvoting is ostensibly, a peaceful way to disagree with someone.
      - Logical discussions & debates or arguements & feuds?
      - Downvoting saves time.
      - It is misleading. Your opinion can only be acclaimed unless someone shows some courage to disagree and write a comment.
      -0 thumbs up doesn't mean you submitted a negative post. Because of this, regular/average posts = negative posts, unless someone upvotes it and makes it extraordinary.
      - People feel ignored. Users are apathetic about this system now and barely like opinions. When we had downvotes, we felt a satisfaction that someone really read our input, at least.
      - It is no fun.
      - We only give bad material thumbs down, so it automatically filters out the trash.

@YourFutureEx my young friend, agreed but again it's all about how one perceives and in addition to which not everyone thinks alike and least like you - logical lol

This isn't a forum site - yes but there are those that live off her than off FB (take me for instance - ofcourse nothing anyone does even fazes me by light years lol) and yes it affects them.

Out here as well we have 'How Do I Look'; 'My Take'; 'Follower/Following' etc :)

• Im kinda indifferent but I did like how people who disagreed had to either say it or move on.

Agreed. It's much better for discourse if people have to articulate why they disagree with something.

Assuming, of course, they don't simply resort to name calling and/or shaming language.

That would be a great point, but this site isn't full of the most intelligent people. I would rather get straight down voted than having to listen to someone's bullshit excuse of an argument only to get blocked because they can't handle my opinion... happens more time than you'd think to some people 😂

@Barrabus_the_Free No. The post is only removed if it violates the posting guidelines. Down votes don't hide anything.

• I've been waiting for it to come back for a long long time

I enjoy seeing people disagree with me, it's all part of the fun :p

• I'm okay with it.

• I never use it or take any notice of it so I am neutral on it.

• It's an old feature that they removed and brought back.

It's good because honestly some people post stupid or hateful things and need to be downvoted

• It's funny because the ones who whine about it the most will be the fastest ones to downvote everything that as much as scratches the boundaries of their comfort zones.

• how many questions r people gunna ask lol

• don't like it. but whatever, not important

• it is a good thing

• JUST REALIZED ITS BACK. YEEEES

• So happy it's back

• Niiicee let's go out and downvote the nerds and weirdos here baha

• bby pls stahp

• its good

• Just another way people can lower peoples egos on this site haha

• It's dumb