Were YOU one of the people that was butt hurt about the down vote going away and now you're making fun of users that are NOT glad to see it back?

Roll Reversal?Were YOU one of the people that was butt hurt about the down vote going away and now you're making fun of users that are NOT glad to see it back?

• YES. I was a butt hurt whiner and now I laugh all the way to my down vote button. Ha Ha!
  • NOPE. I still think down votes are unnecessary and we were fine without them.
2mo FYI... I'm going to down vote everyone that answers before I select MHO... just because I can now. Feel the troll...

media.giphy.com/media/w18TC7hv4zxuM/giphy.gif
2mo Alrighty then. You have ALL been down voted. I shall now select MHO's.

Have a great weekend everyone! :)

Most Helpful Guy

• Im already bored of downvoting everyone i dont follow... like everyone else probably has been. Can we downvote questions nxt pls? 10 downvotes and it gets automatically deleted.

Honestly though it seems a poinless feature unless it does something like hides your comment.

its pointless other than it allows people that either don't like you or don't like what you said... to tell you that you suck while remaining anonymous.

And for that reason alone, I said before... when they come back...99% of my answers will be one liners and/of GIFS.

Yeah. That would be a different story. I also wish we get notifications when someone blocks us, so ya don't bother wasting time to reply only to find out you can't.

Most Helpful Girl

What Guys Said 14

• I thought it should come back, but I have no intention of using it often, and certainly not maliciously.
    In fact, I expect to be on the receiving end of far more downvotes than I give out, by a wide margin!

• At least people who disagree with me don't have to annoy me to hell and back and don't have to read their pathetic excuse of an "argument". I'm not going to and don't down vote often, but when I don't agree with someone or don't agree with me, we all can move on with our lives than give them the time of day to even acknowledge their existence 🙂🙃🙂🙃

• I did not vote
    I did not care
    When they are there I might use them
    When they were gone I did not notice

I try to understand the people and understand myself
    That's not always easy

• Honestly I didn't notice when it was there, when it went I soon forgot about it apart from the periodic debate, now its back, there will be a bit of chatter and I will forget about it again in a couple of days so no skin of my nose.

• Downvote me so I know it's real. Tbh it's an unnecessary feature. To me it's a diference between not "liking" what someone said rather than "disagreeing". A lot of responses to questions aren't even really opinionated I. e "My hair is black or I graduate university next year yet you still see a downvote. They should show us who downvotes you so that if you notice a pattern from a certain user so that you can block them, then they can no longer mention, comment, or up/downvote you.

• I appreciate that it's back. And I don't care that others don't like it.

• I did in fact want the downvote button back, and I'm glad it is back, but I haven't been making fun of everyone who disagrees.

They have a right to disagree, and that's the whole point of the downvote button.

• Down votes promote nothing positive to the conversation and is just there for the gratification of the people pressing the down vote. I see no legitimate reason as for why it is here.

• No.

Actually I was happy that they were gone but I'm also happy that they are back. I still don't want them, but it took them such a long time that I was almost sure that they just said they bring them back to make the community shut up.

• I don't think I was here when it was here before but now that I see it I like it. It feels good that there are people who don't like what you say but don't have the balls to say something.

• no i dont give a shit

• Nope and don't care

• I sure am :)
    Down vote this sh*t!

• wasn't here when it went

don't use it now that it's back

What Girls Said 16

• Nope. I was glad to see it go and not glad that it's back. You don't like what I have to say, come at me bro. Don't hide behind the down vote button.

• Noo my butt didn't hurt when it was taken away.. And I'm not making fun of people who don't want it... But I don't like when everything is nice and positive forever!! It's annoying!!😁😁!! There has to be an evil to everything to know what true happiness is!!😜!! I like the thumb down!! He's my friend!! Haha!! I know it sucks when loser people have no thing better to do than to them down people simply because they dislike the person rather than the actual comment, but it's even weirder that some of those people being down voted get sooooo touchy about it... It's just a damn thing in a screen.. Too weird to be bothered!! 😉!!

I down voted everyone too!! 😁😁!! Just for the purpose of the question!! Too bad I can't unlike myself either!! I guess I'm too awesome 😁!! Gag thinks it's the same thing anyway!! I click dislike and it says I can't "like" myself.. 😒😒😒!! It's not he same thing!!

• Think about it, having the down vote option can sometimes lead to less of a trolling problem.

Example: if someone just asks a question like "what hair color would look best on me?" and one of the comments said "none, your an ugly cunt" the person might feel bad about themselves and have their feelings hurt. But, if the person that called them an ugly cunt had a bunch of downvotes, the asker might realize that the person was just a troll and people disagreed with them.

Also, I like to be able to say that I disagree with someone without having to start a flame war in the comments.

I hear what you're saying but I don't agree with the general use of it.

And I understand your example, but name calling posts, especially 4 letter ones like that are removed anyway.

• Down voting like crazzzzzy while I can! Never know if they're going to remove it again!

Who takes it personally? lul, it's GaG, not real life!

I agree. I don't like em but I don't pay attention to them.

I just think it's hilarious how the people screaming for them back are now making fun of people who don't want them as being butt hurt

For some GaG is the only real (!) life they have

Do they even do anything? They don't remove points (right?) so it's not a big deal.

lol, people just do it for fun sometimes. :]

@FakeName123 - Right! It's sad

• How about, yes I was butt hurt, but I'm not making anyone feel bad now it's come back because I'm not a complete asshole?

• Neither option applies to me. I was disappointed when they took it away, but I stopped caring after that. I'm glad it's back, but I also don't care how other people feel about it. Nobody is forcing us to like or dislike posts.

• I wanted it back but I'm not using it as much as I thought I would lol

I guess it's just one of those "better to have it and not need it than to need it and not have it" situations.

• I never really cared if someone down voted me. I am glad to see it's back. Not everyone is going to agree with my opinion. No one has ever really been harsh with me, but if I am going to get butt hurt, it will be from a mean comment. I won't get upset from a down vote. I don't understand what can be offensive about it.

I agree I just see no useful purpose.

I can't be butt hurt here so it doesn't effect me other than the fact I think it sucks in general. ✌

• Naw wasn't butt hurt about it.

• I always wanted the downvotes because it was a way to show your disagreement without having to cause a flame war.

• i think they're not essential but i'd like to see how my gag experience changes with them :P arguments in the society and culture section are gonna b cranked up a bit XD

• No... it didn't impact my life that much hahahs

• I like the down vote button but I don't abuse it like some people.

• I'm not making fun of anyone but I'm thrilled it's back

• ... no?

• Nope, I just missed the way old GaG used to be.