I don't get it? Why exactly do you ask question as anonymously? Or share opinions as anonymously?

What exactly are u trying to hiding? Or for da matter from whom r u hiding from?
are u scared of people judging u?
Let's just say some idiots do judge u
why do you care? I mean it's not like you know them in RL...
AND
i specially don't get guys..
why? Do u not have the balls to ask questions or share an opinion up front?

Most Helpful Guy

Most Helpful Girl

• I like when people go anon because they assume that they can get away with posting anything when in reality the admins know who they are so when they post crazy shit they get deleted

thats what freaks me out about this site. it's supposed to be COMPLETELY anonymous. i never say crazy things when i go anonymous but, at the same time, i deserve my prviacy

privacy

What Guys Said 22

• Cowardess and they don't want to take responsibility for their opinions and they also don't want to take the flak that comes with having an opinion that others may not like or even hate you for. Which honestly makes no sense because that's just part of life, people will dislike you for your opinions, thoughts and actions, some might even hate you for them.

Rather pitiful if you ask me.

But some people ask them that way out of embarrassment or maybe having a bad day and don't want to deal with people, or they don't want to be known as someone who's attached to certain topics.

• Wow! U always have the perfect answer don't ya lol
      I don't get it for 2 reasons
      1. Your already behind a screen.. people can't see u or hear.. so matter what kind of question your asking.. u shouldn't go anonymous
      2. I don't get those day have their profile pictures as an anime character or something else why on earth do they go anonymous? Fake name fake picture.. and is still hiding damn lol

• Haha I wouldn't go that far... but yes.

Yeah I never got it either, I mean if your going to voice your opinion you should do it, as yourself. And yeah I mean why hide if your already behind a screen lol?

• media3.giphy.com/media/K6VhXtbgCXqQU/giphy.gif

I'm with you. I've never gone anonymous and don't see the point in it.

• I know right!! >.>
      I just hate the blue and pink icon
      That's why I never allowed them to share an opinion on any of my questions now lol

• Lmao you've asked anonymous questions before. Why don't you tell us? 😜

• I rarely use anonymity but but use it if the info was too personal.
    Imagine someone want to ask if people have experience with AIDS since he has it... such question and many opinions would probably require anonimity!

• Ok da I understand
      But I don't get those da says shit to u as anonymously but don't have the balls to say it to your face? -.- da just makes me want to squeeze their tiny ass balls lol

• Oh yeah, my impression is that issue has decreased over the last months but some people use anonimity as their balaclava and than go hurt people. It's so sad :-(
      Try to disregard it as much as possible I'd say. But I'd suggest you have a look at the GAG Q&A, more specifically the posting giudelines. Look especially for the description of an offensive or antagonistic post: if some of these anon posts meet the criteria, don't hesitate to report them! I don't know exactly how bad it has to be, but I know the admin team can look through anonimity if things get out of hand and a user really needs to be "taken care of".
      Hope it will get better :D :D

• all my questions I ask I ask as myself. I learned with a previous account honesty. yes I got flack, and I got blocked, and I got questions taken off but it is one of those things. there are some answers that I have answered anon in the past but I felt it better to express myself for certain reasons. yes I have been judged and yes I have been attacked, and even 'stoned' but rightfully as you say, I do not know them and I probably would never meet them so I try to answer honest and under my user name most times, not anon. it does not make sense to me. if I want to say you have great boobs then I do, if I want to say it seems like a nice crotch area then I do. some may not like it but tough.

• I know right..
      If u wanna share an opinion then don't be afraid to show yourself..
      Even if people says shit it doesn't bother me what bothers me if their hiding behind a mask and saying shit
      lol

• that does get to me a touch as well. let the GAGers see what you have to say.

• Because I don't like everyone to know everything about me or other people I mention. With enough posts some people I know in RL know it's me in this account and the other people I mention.
    I also have enough opinions/information that are not mainstream/would make me look pervert (ok, not more than most on here xD)
    I also like to keep my privacy and the one of other people I knew about certain things.

• I sometimes ask a variety of questions about the same topics, and I don't want people tracking my topics.. lol. In other words, I don't want someone to say there's that dude who always asked about ripped jeans, or something... lol.

• Totally understands that!
      But don't get the ones da says shit to someone as anonymously but don't have the guts to say it to their face? Lol

• Let's do something haram ;)

You'll know what kind of balls you're dealing with.

• Lol it's cuz of trolling they don't wanna be blocked

i almost never go anon

• Paranoia

• i do lol

• maybe they are ashamed of saying anything or shy? dont know what other reasons are for being anon

• Da I understand I'm talking about those
      That already has a fake name fake profile picture... their already anonymous aren't they so why do they still ask questions as anonymously?
      Then there's those da says shit in their opninons as anonymously but don't have the balls to say it to ur face? Lol

• they are must be pussies, lol

• I dont get it too. you're already anonymus (if you have a profile like mine). And i dont hide my opinions from anyone. I am what i am.

• And that's what I like about u lol
      ^.^ (never afraid to speak up ur mind)
      Hehe

• Yeah of course. And this is not only on internet, im like that in my real life too. I can say anything to anyone on the planet. And thank you.

• Cause they suck!

Now check your pm's ;)

• If you want to know why people post anonymously, you probably need to allow people who post anonymously to answer.

But if you just wanted to high five other non-anons, have fun.

• I personnage don't... But some questions are really personal so I get it

• No matter how much personal the questions are.. everyone here is already behind a damn screen are they not?
      So why hide even more? Lol

• Facebook linked profiles and all... It may be a shocker but the internet is not that safe... I personally don't fancy the concept of everyone knowing about me going on my Facebook and for them to have knoledge of the schools I went to or the friend I have... Add personal questions (sometimes sexual) and opinions to the equations... No need to wonder why people would go anonymous... No matter if others give a damn or not all this crap is still out there... Cyber bullying slash perverts and psycho stories don't always happen to other unfortunately

• LOL i dont

i can't tell the whole world i love you LOL

• You're right. I'm going to bookmark this.

• You already know

• dont know either babe:)

• ok i just scrolled down and saw one about minecraft so I'm gonna say the shame lol

• They must be shy

What Girls Said 15

• It's always interesting to me when people get extremely mad about anonymous users here. In our world of constant invasive surveillance, the global panopticon, we demand total disclosure from each other.

"The metaphor of the one that is seen without being able to see the observer turned to be the most dramatic frustration the French colonists experienced in Algeria. Veiled woman could see the foreign colonizer, but the colonizer could not see her. The veil became a barrier to the visual control of the Western eye. Anger, frustrated desire and fantasy gave a distinctive character to French colonization in Algeria.

The veil was seen as the concrete manifestation of resistance by the colonized to an imposed reciprocity: veiled women were able to see without being seen. Colonist desire was thus articulated as the desire to unveil Algeria, for women's insistence on wearing the veil meant the colony's resistance to the French authority."
    - Maria Boariu, 'the Veil as a Metaphor of French Colonized Algeria'

• The only times I answer or ask questions anonymously are if they're sexual in nature or really personal. Because I would rather not have people message me about them or something.

• I don't get it either.. it's already an anonymous site.. how much more do you need to hide?
    I don't go anon at all.

• - Some people are asking or sharing extremely personal things that they do not want attached to their username. They could be embarrassed. They could be scared for others to know... that kind of thing.
    - Some people are protecting their identity at all times, never showing their username.
    - Others go anonymous all the time because they just want to be here to answer questions and not get caught up in the community, not caring to meet others or make friends or whatever.

• Some things I am afraid will give too much of my identity away and I want to remain private from people I know in real life.

• They might be worried about their reputation on this site. Just my guess...

I'm sure I piss a lot of people off by some of my responses which are all by ME but I'm just practicing tough love. I try not to coddle. People want honest answers, right?

And if you bash the good one US of A in a question or response, I'm probably gonna attack you. I don't stand for that shit.

• because its people choice!!! users on here are free to go anon or not... idky people pick on them often... its not harming anyone (as long as its not a damn troll)

• I'm not picking on them...
      In my previous questions I used allowed everyone to share an opinion
      And people used to say shit while hiding behind a mask till this day I don't it why
      If you have something to say to me then you should have the balls to say it to my face inset of hiding behind the blue icon...-.- lol

• then do not allow anon when asking questions

• They think that if they don't go anon people will instantly start hating anything they say and they will be socially ruined on here. Along with instantly start stalking them the second they say anything too. :D

• Yeah right
    Whats the point of even giving opinion anonymous. On 1 side you want to tell the world about yourself on other side you dont.

• Same. I wonder that too.

• I agree completely. If you are afraid of your opinion, why writing it down?

• I will only go anonymous if Im asking a question about someone with specific details. If I know they know about this website or search related questions, Id rather not have them know it's me talking about them.

• Excellent question. I also share it that why friends over here hide themselves.

• To avoid blocking probably they do this. Also some embarrassing comments coerce them to do so. 😁

• @Cowboy6666
      Why shy and coward? They are no displaying their addresses and other identifiable points.

• Still they feel insecure. That some familiar one read their comments.

• I ask off-brand questions on anonymous, usually.

• Because you don't want people to associate that question/opinion with your person.